• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Eternity  "Final Release 15.5.2011"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I checked the Duke4.net homepage expecting DNE to be a news item, but found that 'soldiers behind DNF' story back from January 12th is still there!

Even though this mod has been out for a bit, personally I consider it frontpage worthy if only for the sake of getting a regular news flow.

User is offline   Stabs 

well here is some good news in this patch

- fixes all the graphic glitches like the movie posters in lights camera action
- new dp cons, fix the freeze when submerging in water
- texture alignment fixes

it would appear that by having your map in the far corner with the expanded grid, all wall align sprites seem to clip like crazy.

edit: fixed lvl end of map one

This post has been edited by DanM: 05 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMicky C, on Mar 5 2010, 07:00 PM, said:

I checked the Duke4.net homepage expecting DNE to be a news item, but found that 'soldiers behind DNF' story back from January 12th is still there!

Even though this mod has been out for a bit, personally I consider it frontpage worthy if only for the sake of getting a regular news flow.

I agree with this statement.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 5 2010, 11:13 PM, said:

I agree with this statement.

I second that agreement. We need some news any news, since January 12. <_< DNE is worth the news page.

User is offline   Stabs 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8DcKN-NmrOw

one video play through of the 1st level

User is offline   Spiker 

It seems that without Fraps you should have pretty decent fps <_<

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Btw, there are a few of these lit locations where the weapon model is all black:

Posted Image

User is offline   supergoofy 

I decided to write some instructions (for people that have installation problems) about how to download and install DNE:

1. Download latest DukePlus from:
http://deeperthought...dp/DukePlus.rar

2. Download Eternity (zip version) from:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-etern...ity-zip-version

note: actually it's a rar file

3. Download Polymer HRP from:
http://www.duke4.org...polymer_hrp.zip

note: you can download the latest svn of polymer_hrp if you know how <_<

4. Download latest EDuke32:
http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthes...100306-1609.zip

5. Download patch 1.01 for Eternity mod:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-etern...nity-patch-1011

Installation

1. Unpack DukePlus.rar in a folder, e.g. C:\DNE

(drag'n'drop DukePlus.rar to C:\DNE and choose extract here)

note: Also don't forget to put duke3d.grp in C:\DNE

2. Create an autoload folder inside DNE, e.g. C:\DNE\autoload

Put inside the autoload folder the polymer_hrp.zip

3. Unpack Duke Nukem Eternity in C:\DNE

(drag'n'drop Eternity.rar to C:\DNE and choose extract here)

Overwrite old files when asked

4. Unpack patch 1.01 to C:\DNE and overwrite old files

5. Unpack latest eduke32 in C:\DNE and overwrite old files

6. Play (run eternity.bat)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 07 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postsupergoofy, on Mar 5 2010, 10:11 PM, said:

Installation

1. Earn at least 1500 bucks.

2. Buy a new rig.

3. Install.

4. Play.

LOL <_< :P <_<

That could also do B)

User is offline   Stabs 

<_< and the third option

1. run the youtube vids full screen and pretend your playing

Here are the vids for the 2nd level, ill have a few small tweaks i need to make the patch but once i put it up on moddb it will be official.

Nine One One, Part One
Nine One One Part Two

This post has been edited by DanM: 05 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Hey, this looks great. Seeing people taking advantage of Polymer makes me all tingly inside. Sorry I haven't really had time to check it out earlier! This alone is a pretty good motivation to iron out the performance problems so that more people can experience your work in its full glory.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostPlagman, on Mar 6 2010, 05:05 PM, said:

This alone is a pretty good motivation to iron out the performance problems so that more people can experience your work in its full glory.

I think this is what everyone wanted to hear. <_<

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Mar 5 2010, 04:05 PM, said:

Btw, there are a few of these lit locations where the weapon model is all black:

Posted Image

I've seen that because Duke is in a dark area. Once under the fully lighted area you get to see the models detail.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostVinsaneOne, on Mar 5 2010, 08:19 PM, said:

I've seen that because Duke is in a dark area. Once under the fully lighted area you get to see the models detail.

Yeah, but I don't think it should be completely black there. My weapon display code may be at fault. I'll bet if you stood in the same spot holding RPG or some other weapon with the original display code, it would not be shaded so dark.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostPlagman, on Mar 6 2010, 12:05 AM, said:

Hey, this looks great. Seeing people taking advantage of Polymer makes me all tingly inside. Sorry I haven't really had time to check it out earlier! This alone is a pretty good motivation to iron out the performance problems so that more people can experience your work in its full glory.

Now there is a possibility that i might not run at 10 fps when playing this!!!! YEAH!!!

User is offline   Omni 

View PostVinsaneOne, on Mar 5 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

I had the same issue until I moved to a different sector.

And thanks Super Chicken for that guide I struggled for awhile having not played mods for duke before.

Polymer ran pretty well only hit less then 30fps near the first of DNE2 from what I noticed and I have not played much of DNE1 yet, but I probably need to turn vertical sync on because the flickering lights seemed to refresh at a different rate then everything else giving a weird effect.

Oh, I think my sounds are messed up, during the cut-scenes when I would think people are talking no one is.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostDanM, on Mar 5 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

<_< and the third option

Here are the vids for the 2nd level, ill have a few small tweaks i need to make the patch but once i put it up on moddb it will be official.

Nine One One, Part One
Nine One One Part Two

It felt kinda like I was when I did play only looks much better than when I did. Huh? Anyway, I wanted to crank up the volume but that shotgun blast, holy shit, pins the needle! Whoa!

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDanM, on Mar 5 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

<_< and the third option

Nine One One, Part One
Nine One One Part Two

It's amazing and gratifying to see all the different aspects of Duke Nukem development come together in DNE. When I watch, it's hard for me not to cringe at the occasional DP bug (like the bots constantly saying "What are you waiting for, Christmas?" when they want you to follow them), but there's no denying we've come a long, long way. The best thing is the way you have managed to show off Polymer, and it's only going to get better from here.

EDIT: This is a minor point and I'm not sure how to fix it, but in the last shot especially it looks strange that all of the bots breath in perfect sync. There should be some way to un-sync their animation.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 05 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 6 2010, 12:42 AM, said:

It's amazing and gratifying to see all the different aspects of Duke Nukem development come together in DNE. When I watch, it's hard for me not to cringe at the occasional DP bug (like the bots constantly saying "What are you waiting for, Christmas?" when they want you to follow them), but there's no denying we've come a long, long way. The best thing is the way you have managed to show off Polymer, and it's only going to get better from here.

EDIT: This is a minor point and I'm not sure how to fix it, but in the last shot especially it looks strange that all of the bots breath in perfect sync. There should be some way to un-sync their animation.

yes i was meaning to remove those sounds but just forgot

as for the black stuff, anything indoors is lit by a shade of 27, anything outside is shade 19, keeps sprites a bit darker outside while still keeping the sky bright enough, once hud lighting is supported it should look great.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

It just looks beautiful. How did you do the smoke?

Agreed with DP that there some niggles here and there, but generally, a stunning achievement.

It's just great to see Duke look like a modern game.

User is offline   Stabs 

i just used the dp gust effect pal 4, dark shade, the light from the fire hitting the smoke sprites compliments it really well.

DanM please when you release new version or new patch, name it v1.02 or something. It's not easy to track each patch/update without version naming. By the way, DNE is fantastic.<_<

ATTENTION : nVidia users do not download and install 196.75 WHQL drivers. They are buggy and cause GPU overheating due to malfunctions of the fan. Probably they disable or malfunction heat sensor and thus the fan does not increase its spinning speed when temperature rises. nVidia also removed the drivers from their servers and made an official statement.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 06 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

i have got 1.01 uploaded to moddb, so should be up soon, its the first official paatch so it can keep the name 1.01

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostDanM, on Mar 5 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

<_< and the third option

Nine One One, Part One
Nine One One Part Two

Looks effin' awesome. But it pains me to see that the gameplay hasn't been changed in Duke when everything else looks like such a modern shooter. All this steroid running up the walls and spam-jumping allover the fucking place like it's from a Halo or Unreal Tournament multiplayer match. Why hasn't there been a mod yet which speaks to a more tactical form of approach?

I like DT's vaulting code and the realistic running, but maybe cut that speed in half and rehash some of the monster code to use cover more often so that the player wouldn't just run straight through the scenery and you'd have a pretty decent foundation for something fresh in Duke. Alot of the times in those videos I wish you could just freaking stop for a second so I can focus my eyes on the gorgeous architecture.

I would like to point you towards this new page on the wiki: Cross-Platform Modding. I'm not demanding anything, but I would appreciate it if modders followed that list. As it is, I'm having trouble making this mod work on Linux.

• Duke Plus Developer

Rusty, keep in mind that Duke Plus is supposed to be an enhancement of the original game and it has to work with existing episodes and user maps. Being able to defeat hordes of enemies and do the other things that typical Duke maps require pretty much rules out changing the gameplay in the way you suggest. I have added a lot of optional features, some of which go in a more modern direction (you mentioned a few of them) but I feel constrained to do much more than that. As it is, I get complaints about the DP default settings not being suitable for a lot of maps. Frankly, I have not been enthusiastic about working on Duke Plus ever since working on WGR2. Whenever I add or change something significant, I have to code it to be optional and also worry about how it interacts with a gazillion other optional features. Changing the running speed is as easy as setting a different number in USER.CON, by the way, (as it always has been).

User is offline   Sebastian 

Ah sorry, I made it look like I was offering suggestions on how to improve Duke Plus. I was merely trying to offer a branching approach to a new form of gameplay. Maybe dividing the jumping and running speed in Duke Plus would suffice to make a more realistic styled experience, ofcourse it wouldn't be officially "Duke Plus" but more a.. Duke 2.0 or something.

it seems that moddb.com takes a lot of time to verify and update the files. The new update is still not there.

User is offline   Stabs 

i was thinking of making DNE a bit more custom in terms on tweaking the player speed and monster dmgs, i could just add it too the DNE.con

I think it would be great if DP had a difficulty setting based on damage inflicted / taken, max monsters in all maps aswell its just their
dmg and health would be different.

This post has been edited by DanM: 07 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options