Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Red Alert - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Red Alert  "Duke Nukem Red Alert Modification"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You have some great normal mapped textures there. I also presume you're demonstrating the new clipshape feature with your models. The Soviet soldiers seem a bit strong though, and there's always so many of them

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMicky C, on Nov 8 2010, 09:55 PM, said:

You have some great normal mapped textures there.

Thanks, I use the .DDS format for the original texture and .png for the bump map.
This also stops the whole:
Caching "sometexture"
Error: glGetTexLevelParameteriv returned GL_FALSE!

That people seem to get in the eduke32 log using the HRP

EDIT: In the video at 00:56 there seems to be some draw error that only happens in Polymer, I think this maybe due to the way the surface is sloped as I have seen this before in some of the original Duke maps with the HRP.

I also presume you're demonstrating the new clipshape feature with your models.

Yeah, that was in effect. Although I have only given some of the models a basic shape for now and some still have bugs/or don't work in all maps due to the size of the building, e.g. Weapons Factory, Ore Refinery etc

The Soviet soldiers seem a bit strong though, and there's always so many of them

I was playing on Hard aka Damn I'm Good which means that in that map there can be a maximum of 60 Rifle Infantry and 4 Heavy Tanks active at one time. (Maybe this would work best for CoOp)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 08 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Do I get it right that you're using clipshapes with buildings? They seem to be a bit ill-fit for that puropose IMO, and as I wrote in the readme there may be glitches when the imaginary sector outline of the model crosses sector boundaries in your map. So, you may have just verified that prediction.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostHelixhorned, on Nov 9 2010, 07:53 AM, said:

Do I get it right that you're using clipshapes with buildings? They seem to be a bit ill-fit for that puropose IMO, and as I wrote in the readme there may be glitches when the imaginary sector outline of the model crosses sector boundaries in your map. So, you may have just verified that prediction.

Yes that is correct, but the shapes are very basic. (As the player has no need to go in them)
Posted Image
Posted Image

There has only been one map so far that the clipshape hasn't worked on a couple of buildings, but this is ok as I was not planing on using it. But the other maps seem to work perfect for the big buildings as I have been using rather "big open" sectors where they haven't been overlapping multiple sectors.

Posted Image
Is this in 3D
Posted Image

The only downside to this is that the mod will only work best in Polymer due to the way that Polymost and Polymer render big open areas.
"The player only needs to be able to use/run Polymer, NOT the requirements of E1L1 Polymer+HRP"
In fact you get 2x better FPS in Polymer than Polymost with this mod oddly.

EDIT: I have just updated my SVN, I would be really grateful if anyone here who is running Linux etc can tell me if it works and doesn't have them file name errors.

It is best to play single player with "Red Alert Host.bat" aka command "-server" on TDM mode and monsters/skill set to anything other than NONE, otherwise you fail to respawn and need to restart the level.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 08 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

User is offline   Jarlaxle 

Looks insanely awesome. Hope you can stay motivated and keep at it. I should really get back to playing Red Alert. And then the rest of C&C The First Decade and beyond. >_@ Can never get enough of Hell March or its remixes.

ahh the second part of hell march = love!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options