Duke4.net Forums: I don't want Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I don't want Duke Nukem Forever

Poll: Do you Even care about DNF anymore? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you even care about DNF anymore?

1. Yes, I still spend my worthless life waiting, in hopes that it will come out one day. (35 votes [49.30%])

Percentage of vote: 49.30%

2. No, I'm sick of hearing about DNF and wish the whole thing would die and move on already. (36 votes [50.70%])

Percentage of vote: 50.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 21 2010, 07:01 AM, said:

What does that have to do with anything Jinroh was talking about? Thats about the court case not the ESRB thing.

Also i doubt its Critical Mass as i'm sure someone at the "new" Apogee would be filling out the papers.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 21 2010, 11:12 PM, said:

What does that have to do with anything Jinroh was talking about? Thats about the court case not the ESRB thing.

Thanks ReaperMan. <_< Yes I'm not sure what it is for. Though I can't see why they couldn't fill out ESRB forms for DNF though they do have to submit something for ESRB review. Dunno.

It could be ROTT again, but I didn't see iPhone as an ESRB platform so I doubt it.

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 21 2010, 11:12 PM, said:

Also i doubt its Critical Mass as i'm sure someone at the "new" Apogee would be filling out the papers.

Yeah that's what I thought too, dunno what it could be. <_< It's a mystery.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostVinsaneOne, on Feb 20 2010, 10:28 PM, said:

Me too! ROTT and Shadow Warrior demos. The rest sucked!

Well, there were a few other games that were good on that too. I never knew there was Shadow Warrior on it, but there was a really awesome Death Rally demo and some other cool games that were fun for about 5 minutes like Maze 3D, Fate, that one King Arthur type game, etc.....

Lol I love how what we're talking about doesn't have anything to do with the real topic on hand. <_<

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 21 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMr.Flibble, on Feb 21 2010, 12:12 AM, said:

Except for the armor that you pick up all over the place in Duke3D....you know, the type that you almost always have on throughout the game.

I know some people always play with God mode on so they don't notice it but there is body armor in Duke3D.

But he only had armor on the chest. Not like that wussy Master Chief, who had armor all over his entire body. Duke takes an RPG missile to the face like a man.

User is online   Sangman 

You know, even without god mode I never really noticed the presence of body armor. (Well, I mean, I know it's there, it's just like it makes no difference)

User is offline   SBG 

And he just shrugs off those Devastator bullets

View PostSangman, on Feb 21 2010, 09:07 PM, said:

You know, even without god mode I never really noticed the presence of body armor. (Well, I mean, I know it's there, it's just like it makes no difference)

I always notice the body armor. It really helps adsorb damage from rockets and it slows down the damage to you health with other guns.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostRadar1013, on Feb 21 2010, 01:15 PM, said:

Well, there were a few other games that were good on that too. I never knew there was Shadow Warrior on it, but there was a really awesome Death Rally demo and some other cool games that were fun for about 5 minutes like Maze 3D, Fate, that one King Arthur type game, etc.....

Lol I love how what we're talking about doesn't have anything to do with the real topic on hand. <_<

You know, your right! Everyone's talking about other things, God Mode, body armor, lol....And yes, FATE, as it was displayed on the game. Wow, flashbacks dude! That was a good game too.

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 21 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I have always noticed the armour (real way of spelling it <_<) but to me it doesn't scream armour. I see it as getplayer[THISACTOR].shield_amount as that is one way it is referenced in the CON code. <_<

This post has been edited by The Commander: 21 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

You can spell armor as armor or armour, either way is correct.

Yes I know, but I am not an American. Being from New Zealand I use the "our" instead of "or"
e.g. colour, flavour, honour, neighbour, rumour, labour end in -our. In the United States, e.g. color, flavor, honor, neighbor, rumor, labor end in -or.

Cool people spell it armor. <_<

You know I could make a big debate over this but I won't for the sake of keeping you dignity intact. <_<

I have no dignity. <_<

Anyway, back on topic about not wanting DNF.

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 21 2010, 10:57 PM, said:

Seppoes spell it armor. <_<

Fixed. <_<

Your temping me to post something i might regret. <_<

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 22 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

User is offline   SBG 

armour was started by the English, and most of their colonies (Canada, New Zealand, etc) use the same spelling.

Yes, It seems that when North Americas stole the language they forgot to put the "U" in the alphabet. <_<

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 22 2010, 12:53 PM, said:

Yes, It seems that when North Americas stole the language they forgot to put the "U" in the alphabet. <_<

and replaced S with Z.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Langspeak selflike doubleplusgood.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Some bitter American colonist removed all the little useless letters from words. <_<

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Why not just drop the 'u's and 'o's and spell it with an 'E'?
Then everyone could be happy! <_<
ARMER
I notice when most people say words ending in 'or' they tend to have an 'er' sound. Could be just the N.Y. twang.

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 22 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Despite being English I prefer the American spellings or words, Gray for example is "Grey" in British English, which makes no sense, nor does Colour, Color makes more sense. Oddly enough I also use a US International layout keyboard - mostly because it's what I started on and also there isn't an Alt-Gr key on the British layout and they decided to put some charachters and keys in silly places.

Round here it should be spelt Armuh, as much as I don't notice the accent where I live I'm told it's weird, the city is called Hull but nobody pronounces the "H" the drop "T" or replace it with R and it makes no sense to anybody else, for example; "Yeh dikedd, geroff me"

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostHigh Treason, on Feb 23 2010, 02:49 AM, said:

Despite being English I prefer the American spellings or words

Now I understand the reason behind your username.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

hahaha <_<

User is offline   Psyrgery 

This thread has just become awesome for us non-english-speaking forumers <_<

User is offline   SBG 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on Feb 22 2010, 09:29 AM, said:

Langspeak selflike doubleplusgood.

Remember He is always watching you. <_<

User is online   Rellik 

huked on foniks works for me!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostVinsaneOne, on Feb 21 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

You know, your right! Everyone's talking about other things, God Mode, body armor, lol....And yes, FATE, as it was displayed on the game. Wow, flashbacks dude! That was a good game too.

Lol yeah Fate was a good one. Coincidently, Fate also ran on the build engine. <_< Too bad the company filed for bankruptcy before they could release the retail version. <_<

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostRadar1013, on Feb 25 2010, 04:53 AM, said:

Lol yeah Fate was a good one. Coincidently, Fate also ran on the build engine. :P Too bad the company filed for bankruptcy before they could release the retail version. <_<

Yeah Fate was a pretty sweet looking game, the best that Intracorp had made. Some of the weapons were cool and IIRC it had hub based gameplay which would've been rad. <_<

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options