Duke4.net Forums: I don't want Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I don't want Duke Nukem Forever

Poll: Do you Even care about DNF anymore? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you even care about DNF anymore?

  1. Yes, I still spend my worthless life waiting, in hopes that it will come out one day. (35 votes [49.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 49.30%

  2. No, I'm sick of hearing about DNF and wish the whole thing would die and move on already. (36 votes [50.70%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

#91

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 18 2010, 03:17 AM, said:

If you really are 55, then you are older than Duke himself. Duke Nukem is a young dude for you. He was younger even when he appeared in duke 3d.
I wonder how you ever got into liking him in the first place. But you are one cool guy!

Wait! Not so fast! 55 in December. Got a few months yet. My first computer was a Tandy 1000. Had just enough umph to play simple crap that fit on 1 floppy disk. Don't even remember its OS. Had no money for a new pc so I went dumpster diving for computer stuff. Learned quite a bit while I put all the parts into this one Compaq w/DX2 and 32mb ram on a 150mb hd w/win 95. Then found a cd for a dollar in a supermarket made by GoldStar i think. It had 100 action games in it including Dn3d demo. Was hooked ever since! Almost fell off my chair the first time I heard Duke say, "Holy shit!" That was late 1997, early '98. Liking Duke was easy. We're alike in many ways. The main thing about Duke, well he's one very cool guy too!
0

User is offline   TURBOKID 

#92

View PostSBG, on Feb 17 2010, 04:32 AM, said:

Hell: I'm 14 and I can spell properly, at least.

Nice. At least now I know not to take anything you say seriously.
Damn you need to stop throwing the insults there. I am 6 years older than you and I am shit at spelling and my maths sucks, Does that mean that I will never work in video games? No it don't I have been complimented by my artistic ability a lot over the years. You don't have to be good at spelling to work with video games you moron.
0

#93

Not that I really want to get involved, but you contradict yourself a lot there, saying your spelling and math are not up-to-scratch.

How does a computer work? Math, you can't do much significant with a game without that, even art requires math if you are going to do it properly. Also you would not be able to code as that needs math and spelling, you can't design the box or wirte the manual either.
0

User is offline   Loke 

#94

View PostVinsaneOne, on Feb 19 2010, 07:42 AM, said:

Wait! Not so fast! 55 in December. Got a few months yet. My first computer was a Tandy 1000. Had just enough umph to play simple crap that fit on 1 floppy disk. Don't even remember its OS. Had no money for a new pc so I went dumpster diving for computer stuff. Learned quite a bit while I put all the parts into this one Compaq w/DX2 and 32mb ram on a 150mb hd w/win 95. Then found a cd for a dollar in a supermarket made by GoldStar i think. It had 100 action games in it including Dn3d demo. Was hooked ever since! Almost fell off my chair the first time I heard Duke say, "Holy shit!" That was late 1997, early '98. Liking Duke was easy. We're alike in many ways. The main thing about Duke, well he's one very cool guy too!


Hehe, cool story; I always enjoy reading how and when people first experienced classic games, especially the likes of Duke Nukem 3D. <_<

Personally I first saw the game at a friends house to my brother who is 3 years older than I am. He had bought this magazine that had a CD with tons of cool demos with it and, of course, DN3D being one of them. He had played it before we arrived and thought it was just pure awesome so he decided to show it off to us two. Yeah, I can say that I had never witnessed such a massively detailed and gory game before; hell, the only games that I had played before were the likes of Mario, Donkey Kong and Stunts! Yeah, you can say that a game like DN3D wasn't really suitable to a nine year old but still it didn't stop me from watching my brother fail and die on the first level.
I have very strong memories from that experience; I could easily describe it piece by piece the instant we started the game, it's quite scary really. <_<

Anyway, this was like mid to late '96 when I first saw the game. We later went home and bought the magazine together with the CD. My memories are a bit shadowed when trying to remember when we later bought the full version though, but I reckon this was a few months later. My parents of course didn't appreciate that my brother and I would play such a gory game especially with the sexual content but luckily they didn't really do anything from stopping us playing it apart from voicing their concerns. Hah. :P
0

User is offline   Sangman 

#95

View PostHigh Treason, on Feb 19 2010, 02:34 PM, said:

Also you would not be able to code as that needs math and spelling


Depends on what you're coding. The thing you'll need most is the ability to solve logical problems efficiently. The rest is just applying fairly easy syntaxes.

(well, unless you're coding really heavy shit like game engines or calculators or whatever)
0

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#96

View PostVinsaneOne, on Feb 18 2010, 10:42 PM, said:

Wait! Not so fast! 55 in December. Got a few months yet. My first computer was a Tandy 1000. Had just enough umph to play simple crap that fit on 1 floppy disk. Don't even remember its OS. Had no money for a new pc so I went dumpster diving for computer stuff. Learned quite a bit while I put all the parts into this one Compaq w/DX2 and 32mb ram on a 150mb hd w/win 95. Then found a cd for a dollar in a supermarket made by GoldStar i think. It had 100 action games in it including Dn3d demo. Was hooked ever since! Almost fell off my chair the first time I heard Duke say, "Holy shit!" That was late 1997, early '98. Liking Duke was easy. We're alike in many ways. The main thing about Duke, well he's one very cool guy too!


Goldstar you say? Are you sure the name wasn't Globalstar? I used to have a CD like this also. It too had a hundred games on it and included a Duke 3D demo, but it was called Globalstar instead.

This was the way I was introduced to Duke Nukem 3D too. <_<

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 19 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

0

#97

View PostUglyNacho, on Feb 14 2010, 09:51 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly.


Mine too
0

User is offline   SpitFire 

#98

Commander Shepard has replaced Duke Nukem for me.

He's Captain Kurk and General Patton in one.
0

User is offline   SBG 

#99

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Feb 19 2010, 06:56 AM, said:

Nice. At least now I know not to take anything you say seriously.
Damn you need to stop throwing the insults there. I am 6 years older than you and I am shit at spelling and my maths sucks, Does that mean that I will never work in video games? No it don't I have been complimented by my artistic ability a lot over the years. You don't have to be good at spelling to work with video games you moron.


I'm merely stating that "1'm n0t t3h ub3r st00p1d k1d wh0 0wnz0rs all of u".

That depends what you plan on doing within the video game industry. If you want to be taken seriously, good spelling and grammar is somewhat helpful. Good oral and written communications skills are essential if you want to do well in life.
0

User is offline   Sangman 

#100

View PostSBG, on Feb 20 2010, 01:31 AM, said:

That depends what you plan on doing within the video game industry. If you want to be taken seriously, good spelling and grammar is somewhat helpful. Good oral and written communications skills are essential if you want to do well in life.


Sheesh, kids these days - making sense instead of liking punk and going skateboarding and getting into fights. <_<
0

User is offline   SBG 

#101

View PostSangman, on Feb 19 2010, 08:33 PM, said:

Sheesh, kids these days - making sense instead of liking punk and going skateboarding and getting into fights. <_<


I'm not your normal kid. Let's just go with that.
0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#102

View PostSBG, on Feb 19 2010, 06:36 PM, said:

I'm not your normal kid. Let's just go with that.

I hope you do realize that everybody here said that when he was your age, right?
0

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

#103

View PostRadar1013, on Feb 19 2010, 05:39 PM, said:

Goldstar you say? Are you sure the name wasn't Globalstar? I used to have a CD like this also. It too had a hundred games on it and included a Duke 3D demo, but it was called Globalstar instead.

This was the way I was introduced to Duke Nukem 3D too. <_<

(Bells ring in VinsaneOne's head) Shit! Your so right! I was close <_<
0

User is offline   TURBOKID 

#104

View PostSBG, on Feb 19 2010, 04:31 PM, said:

I'm merely stating that "1'm n0t t3h ub3r st00p1d k1d wh0 0wnz0rs all of u".

That depends what you plan on doing within the video game industry. If you want to be taken seriously, good spelling and grammar is somewhat helpful. Good oral and written communications skills are essential if you want to do well in life.


Then how the hell do you explain GB?
0

User is offline   Sangman 

#105

View PostSBG, on Feb 20 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

I'm not your normal kid. Let's just go with that.


So then are you... you know, abnormal? <_<
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

#106

View PostSangman, on Feb 20 2010, 09:42 PM, said:

So then are you... you know, abnormal? <_<


Perhaps he's a Robot.

GB is Tweeting about filling about ESRB forms. ^o^ What could that be for? <_<:P:P:P:P
ESRB CONFIRMED!

ROTT? Do iPhone games even get rated? ?_?
0

#107

View PostSpitFire, on Feb 19 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

Commander Shepard has replaced Duke Nukem for me.

He's Captain Kurk and General Patton in one.

Commander Shepard? are you talking about the baddie from Avtar he is great!
He'd be great as Duke
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

#108

View Postblackharted, on Feb 21 2010, 12:08 AM, said:

Commander Shepard? are you talking about the baddie from Avtar he is great!
He'd be great as Duke


I think he was referring to Mass Effect.
http://hyperchildwow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/shepard_unmask.jpg

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 20 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#109

View PostJinroh, on Feb 20 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

I think he was referring to Mass Effect.
http://hyperchildwow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/shepard_unmask.jpg


Oh, boy, another guy in an armored suit. Someone else I can have trouble identifying with.

Although I have heard decent reviews about Mass Effect.
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

#110

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on Feb 21 2010, 02:21 AM, said:

Oh, boy, another guy in an armored suit. Someone else I can have trouble identifying with.

Although I have heard decent reviews about Mass Effect.


Well you know Armoured suites are the new Black. Personally I wouldn't plunk down money on Mass Effect now that ME 2 is out.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 20 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

0

User is offline   escapist 

#111

View PostJinroh, on Feb 20 2010, 10:55 AM, said:

Well you know Armoured suites are the new Black. . .


that's true
though Duke never needed armor......
never will <_<
0

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#112

View PostVinsaneOne, on Feb 19 2010, 10:08 PM, said:

(Bells ring in VinsaneOne's head) Shit! Your so right! I was close <_<


lol Thanks. I only played about 3 games off that CD before I also lost it myself though. <_<
0

User is offline   SBG 

#113

To defend myself: I posted my age in order to emphasize my point about grammar and spelling. I did not intend for the thread to turn in the direction of flame against my age as it has. The point I was originally intending to make was around the fact that 3dwizard is acting like a childish kid who is not what he says it is.
0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

#114

View PostJinroh, on Feb 20 2010, 11:39 AM, said:

ROTT? Do iPhone games even get rated? ?_?


I think apple uses their own rating system, but i could be wrong.
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

#115

Quote

that's true
though Duke never needed armor......
never will <_<


Yeah just a tank top, ripped jeans, and some big ass boots, that's all a real man needs to save the world. <_< Though I guess he would pick up that EDF body armour every now and then. hehe.

View PostFrom Feb 21 2010, 10:07 AM:

I think apple uses their own rating system, but i could be wrong.


Ah I see, hehe, I'll have to check it out.
0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#116

View PostSBG, on Feb 20 2010, 05:58 PM, said:

The point I was originally intending to make was around the fact that 3dwizard is acting like a childish kid who is not what he says it is.

Well as you can see, you didn't get to do that at all and you found out something different. Don't take for granted everything you see on the internet!
The first impression can be deceiving...
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#117

View Postescapist, on Feb 20 2010, 03:59 PM, said:

though Duke never needed armor......
never will <_<

Except for the armor that you pick up all over the place in Duke3D....you know, the type that you almost always have on throughout the game.

I know some people always play with God mode on so they don't notice it but there is body armor in Duke3D.
0

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

#118

View PostRadar1013, on Feb 20 2010, 04:31 PM, said:

lol Thanks. I only played about 3 games off that CD before I also lost it myself though. <_<

Me too! ROTT and Shadow Warrior demos. The rest sucked!
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

#119

'Mr. Flibble' said:

Except for the armor that you pick up all over the place in Duke3D....you know, the type that you almost always have on throughout the game.
I know some people always play with God mode on so they don't notice it but there is body armor in Duke3D.

Yeah and the Pig Cops drop those Used Armours every now and again.

So if the GB is not setting up ESRB forms for ROTT iPhone then what for?

DNF? DN: Critcal Mass? Who knows.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 21 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#120

View PostJinroh, on Feb 21 2010, 03:06 AM, said:

Yeah and the Pig Cops drop those Used Armours every now and again.

So if the GB is not setting up ESRB forms for ROTT iPhone then what for?

DNF? DN: Critcal Mass? Who knows.

Did you even read this post?
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...mp;postcount=57
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options