Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: War of Attrition - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: War of Attrition  "Discussion thread for DT's War of Attrition mod"

User is offline   DJHellray 

i got an idea for some upgrade i dont know if ud like that but its for the holo duke like all weapons the holo duke should get xp when he kills enemies and after trhe xp he would get levels like guns and here are some ideas of the extra stuff he could get :

- better health
- faster shooting
- +1-2-3-4-5 holo duke (with a timer)
- better weapons
- heals you
- more damage
- same gun levels or higher as you

and at the end with 100 holoduke you could make a permanent holoduke that dies when he has no more health
id like to have that as an addition if you would like it too

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think making the holoduke bot that advanced and upgradeable would elevate it above a mere inventory item.

A related idea which I have considered is adding second character with a different loadout and abilities, and allowing the player to switch control between Duke and the new character, with one of the characters conrolled by AI.

The development steps necessary would be:

• Finish coop AI part of AI project
  • Create new character with new loadout and abilities
  • Add new character to Attrition (or a sequel)
  • Add coop AI to Attrition allowing both characters at once, with human being able to take control of either character at any time

if you do that would you make the attrion sequel harder since there would be 2 "players" ?

i tried the new cons and when the new monster dies a cycoid emperor spawns instead of the new monster as an ally

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDJHellray, on 10 December 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

i tried the new cons and when the new monster dies a cycoid emperor spawns instead of the new monster as an ally

I believe that's correct, assuming you have the upgrade that makes downed enemies become allies. I have it spawning a miniboss cycloid because I actually have allied code for them and I never wrote allied code for the new enemy.

I guess I should upload this as an update on Mod DB. I wonder if the invisible enemy bug was also fixed.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 December 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I believe that's correct, assuming you have the upgrade that makes downed enemies become allies. I have it spawning a miniboss cycloid because I actually have allied code for them and I never wrote allied code for the new enemy.

I guess I should upload this as an update on Mod DB. I wonder if the invisible enemy bug was also fixed.

so far the invisible enemy hasnt appeared so i think you fixed it but i got twice when i killed a new enemy a mini cycloid would appear that would be your ally and another random cycloid thats not an enemy or ally would appear he would stay there and do nothing but if you would get close to it it would make you damage as if he would squish you or burn you

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDJHellray, on 10 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

so far the invisible enemy hasnt appeared so i think you fixed it but i got twice when i killed a new enemy a mini cycloid would appear that would be your ally and another random cycloid thats not an enemy or ally would appear he would stay there and do nothing but if you would get close to it it would make you damage as if he would squish you or burn you

Does this happen even if you don't have the monsters become allies when slain perk?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 December 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Does this happen even if you don't have the monsters become allies when slain perk?

no only when you do

Hi to everyone, I'm back to this forum after a long pause as I've finally got a decent new PC.
I'm just replaying this mod and it's still AWESOME!!!
I'm wondering: is this also mantained? I'm playing with the attached Eduke snapshot, can I use the most recent one?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHeadless_Horseman_2k, on 16 January 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

Hi to everyone, I'm back to this forum after a long pause as I've finally got a decent new PC.
I'm just replaying this mod and it's still AWESOME!!!
I'm wondering: is this also mantained? I'm playing with the attached Eduke snapshot, can I use the most recent one?

Welcome back!

I have not been maintaining Attrition, but go ahead and try the latest snapshot and see what happens. Some day it will either have an update or a sequel. Probably.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options