Duke4.net Forums: T2 Lawsuit Disposed? New documents! - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T2 Lawsuit Disposed? New documents!  "Is the case over?"

View PostDavoX, on May 1 2010, 03:10 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this is my view on the layoffs:

When you fire someone, you must give them 3 salaries right there as compensation. Let's say each person earned 3 thousand per month (could be easily more but let's stay on that number). So, how many people where in 3DR? 30? Ok...That's 90.000 each month. Now, if you fire those 30 people you must give each person 9.000 dollars. 9 thousand x 30 = 270.000. If we round up because some people probably earned 4 to 9 thousand each month, then we can say that 3DR had to spend 300.000 when they fired the team.

Maybe 3DR "Could" continue working on DNF, but we don't know for how long...if they run dry, so dry that they can't pay that 300.000 dollars to their employees if they have to fire them, then 3DR would be in legal trouble.

That makes sense

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postblackharted, on May 2 2010, 06:16 AM, said:

That makes sense

I agree!

View PostReaperMan, on May 2 2010, 06:00 AM, said:

I agree!

Good

View Postscubagear, on Mar 4 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

Hi there,

what about THEY DO NOT WANT to "give" us DNF?
GB & SM have it's done for (don't have time to) PLAY WITH MYSELF :-) as duke say's.

Someone could begin think exactly this, if you followed some of the last messages from SM.
He talked about all the money they earn from the past titles, sales figures, IP's they sold and some
luck with shares. MILLIONS over MILLIONS altogether.

Do you really think they need money??? Maybe they lost a great amount of it in the last two years caused by the "global economic climate change" by the bank crisis.
Nothing own money left for the king?

It's obvious that they want the complete deal if it comes out and so they wouldn't allow T2
to get their "dirty fingers" on that cake, but why? T2/rockstar/2k games was often involved for the
physically distro in the past (prey,...). What's the main cause for 3dr and T2 feed lawyers?
Are T2 too greedy now or it's finally a personal crusade, what do you think?

I have a massive answer for this one, but I will start a new thread for it.
It's more than worth answering, just to get some of it finally out in the open.

View PostDavoX, on Feb 11 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

One thing that bugs me is... that GB promised they would give them royalties for the game when it's released as an excuse for paying them low salaries...now that the team was let go, GB doesn't have to pay any royalties to them.

Simple, the agreement was when DNF is released they get a portion of royalties.
But if DNF is never released and the work they did on it is used in another game - such as 'D-Day' then they get no royalties, since that specific game was not in the contract.
-
further explanation coming soon to a thread near you...

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options