Duke4.net Forums: Question in regards to moving objects on screen... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question in regards to moving objects on screen...  "Annoyed."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

All I want to do is move the gun from where it is to where the red ghost is roughly, using the definitions.

Posted Image

dummytile 2524 88 98
texture 2524 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/hud/2524.png" } }

I was under the impression this was possible, but after looking through the DEF stuff on the Eduke Wiki I cant seem to find the command you use to do this (x-center and y-center don't work?). I've been trying xadd/yadd but thats not working either.

texture 2524 { pal 0 { offset xadd -10 yadd 0 { file "highres/screen/hud/2524.png" } } }

I swear I remember being able to do this before, but I cant figure out for the life of me how....

User is offline   lycanox 

You can leave out the dummy tile as there is already an art tile defined for the pistol.
And it will only override the information of the art tile.

As for moving it, you would have to move the picture in the art tile a bit to the right.
Which you can do in DukeRes.

Or a more simple solution, just add a transparent border on the left.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postlycanox, on Sep 18 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

You can leave out the dummy tile as there is already an art tile defined for the pistol.
And it will only override the information of the art tile.

As for moving it, you would have to move the picture in the art tile a bit to the right.
Which you can do in DukeRes.

Or a more simple solution, just add a transparent border on the left.

Assume this object doesnt have information in an .art file. Is there a way to move it with the DEF file?

User is offline   lycanox 

Not that I am aware of.

But you can correct it in the confile by blocking the game from rendering the gun in the hud as it normally does.
And than use rotatesprite to render yours correctly.

But it would be quite the hassle to pull it off correctly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options