Duke4.net Forums: Rednukem/NBlood compiles but failed to run on latest macOS - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rednukem/NBlood compiles but failed to run on latest macOS

User is offline   Sn4k3R # 

Hello everybody

I managed to compile the code following the Wiki steps, no errors, but when running the app it says is damaged and can't be opened.
I tried to open it with the right click without success. Interestingly, a unix executable was generated and runs fine, except that the keyboard doesn't work and have to do a hard reboot on my Mac.

Any ideas what it could be?

Anyone?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

From the Terminal, run
lldb -- ./NBlood.app
and enter
r
to run the program. (If you get to the startup window, make sure you select a windowed display mode.) It should print some information about what's going on.

View PostHendricks266, on 20 May 2024 - 02:29 PM, said:

From the Terminal, run
lldb -- ./NBlood.app
and enter
r
to run the program. (If you get to the startup window, make sure you select a windowed display mode.) It should print some information about what's going on.

Thanks for answering me
I followed the steps, but when running the app the same error pops up. In the terminal it only shows this:

(lldb) target create "./Rednukem.app"
Current executable set to '/Users/sn4k3r/Downloads/NBlood-master/Rednukem.app' (arm64).
(lldb) r
Process 8465 launched: '/Users/sn4k3r/Downloads/NBlood-master/Rednukem.app/Contents/MacOS/rednukem'
 (arm64)
Process 8465 exited with status = 9 (0x00000009) Terminated due to signal 9

I would be very grateful if you could still help me

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I was able to reproduce the issue when building from one of GitHub's generated NBlood-master.zip files, but not a git clone. Running
sudo xattr -cr ./Rednukem.app
fixed it in this situation. I don't know why that would be necessary if you built it yourself. Maybe the Downloads folder has something to do with it?

EDIT:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine ./Rednukem.app
worked too, and that didn't need sudo.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 23 May 2024 - 04:55 PM

Damn, you're good!!

It works like a charm.
I'm very grateful for all the help!

;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options