Duke4.net Forums: shifting tile block in Baf'ed - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

shifting tile block in Baf'ed

User is offline   Mark 

I have a block of 117 tiles in an art file starting at slot 3700. I would like to transfer that block to start at 3900. I'm not seeing a way to do it in Baf'ed other than to create a 2nd copy of the art file, open it in a 2nd instance of Baf'ed and do a tedious copy/paste from one to the other one tile at a time. Is there an easier way I'm not seeing?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 07 April 2024 - 11:36 AM, said:

I have a block of 117 tiles in an art file starting at slot 3700. I would like to transfer that block to start at 3900. I'm not seeing a way to do it in Baf'ed other than to create a 2nd copy of the art file, open it in a 2nd instance of Baf'ed and do a tedious copy/paste from one to the other one tile at a time. Is there an easier way I'm not seeing?

Select tile 3700 in BAFD. Then press Ctrl click on the final tile you want to copy. Go to Edit menu and select "Export 117 tiles" (the number shown will be the number selected). Select folder and provide a name. Next, open the target tile 3900 in the other tiles0xx.art file in BAFD. Go go the Edit menu, select "Import Tiles". Find the folder where you exported them. Click on the 1st tile, then shift-click on the final tile so they all are selected. Hit Save in the dialog box. They will import and overwrite whatever is there on 3900 till it pastes them all in.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 07 April 2024 - 02:52 PM
Reason for edit: typo

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks very much. I copied them over the first time one by one but accidently started at the wrong tile number so it was wasted effort. I REALLY didn't want to do that again to get them in the proper place.

Did you mean 3700 in your first sentence? Thats where they start right now. I'm assuming transparency stays intact. All 117 tiles have it.

This post has been edited by Mark: 07 April 2024 - 02:48 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 07 April 2024 - 02:43 PM, said:

Did you mean 3700 in your first sentence?

yes friggin typo

User is offline   Mark 

Got it. I just have retype the anim info for all of them and I'm good to go.

User is offline   Mark 

Hmm... The transfered tiles are showing in Baf'ed but they are not showing in the Mapster tile selector. Other changes I made in that art file are showing properly. So I deleted the 2 texture cache files to let them rebuild and still no show in Mapster. WTF??

This post has been edited by Mark: 07 April 2024 - 05:06 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't discovered the why but I have a workaround. I renamed the tiles000.art to tiles024.art to get it out of the vanilla range and the darn thing is working properly now.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options