Duke4.net Forums: What causes 0xc0000005b error? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What causes 0xc0000005b error?

Ever since I've been into Pc gaming I've noticed it many times. Although reinstalling the game that has been encountering this issue fixes it. What are the most common reasons behind this error?

This post has been edited by DualBackdrop365: 31 January 2024 - 08:27 AM

So I found the solution. This error pops up mainly due to corrupted dynamic link libraries (files with .dll extension). In this case many people will tell you to run system file checker which doesn't seem to work so here's a workaround I found. First of all uninstall the game or software that is encountering this error (make sure to keep a backup of save files) and then reinstall a new fresh copy of it but don't run it now head over to the folder in which that game's main executable file is located (eg:-C:/GrandTheftAutoIV). Now copy all the files with .dll extension into a separate folder and then launch the game as you normally do and when the error pops in just copy and paste the .dll files you just made backup of.

NOTE:- You have to replace the .dll files EVERYTIME you encounter this error

This post has been edited by DualBackdrop365: 05 February 2024 - 09:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options