Duke4.net Forums: Voidpoint/EDuke32 2-factor auth. issue - FreeOTP pwd lost - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Voidpoint/EDuke32 2-factor auth. issue - FreeOTP pwd lost

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I've lost my FreeOTP password. Now I can't import my EDuke32 project's OTP access data/token from a dying phone on the new device. What needs to be done?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

i don't have that app so i'm shooting in the dark.

can you still access the dying phone?

this is all i found
to restore from backup (e.g. on another device), it is required to use freeOTP/restore and there enable settings/display advanced devices and then navigate to the backup file 'externalBackup'.
Without advanced devices enabled, the app doesn't see the file externalBackup

the only other thing i seen was to email whoever the host is and try to prove it's your account and that they're nice enough to reset it for you

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostForge, on 14 July 2023 - 12:32 PM, said:

can you still access the dying phone?

Yes. The battery has become incontinent and there is no more LineageOS maintenance for this device.

View PostForge, on 14 July 2023 - 12:32 PM, said:

to restore from backup (e.g. on another device), it is required to use freeOTP/restore and there enable settings/display advanced devices and then navigate to the backup file 'externalBackup'.
Without advanced devices enabled, the app doesn't see the file externalBackup
I know, but in order to import the backup file I'd need the old password... :(
I tried transferring the whole app+data using NeoBackup, but, as to be expected, trying to use the Voidpoint OTP token results in an error message.
I've used one of the recovery codes/secrets, hoping this way would navigate me to some restoration guide on voidpoint.io, but to no avail.
Unless I find the password or the secret I'll have to go and bother TerminX then...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I've disabled 2FA on your account from the GitLab Admin Area. You should be able to re-enable it using an authenticator on your new device.

To my understanding, the purpose of the recovery codes is to let you log in once so you can do that operation on your own account, but this should let you proceed with certainty.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Thanks, man. :dukeaffirmative: Now I'm able to fail at using Git[Lab] again. :lol:
Re-enabling 2FA brought me exactly to the page/button I had been to blind to find. :wallbash:

User is offline   jkas789 

Necroing out of curiosity. What does the OP means Leo? Does Duke4 have a 2 factor authentication? Or is this related to the github repo?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postjkas789, on 05 August 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

Necroing out of curiosity. What does the OP means Leo? Does Duke4 have a 2 factor authentication? Or is this related to the github repo?
You need an account here, if you want to contribute code or managed bug reports to the EDuke32 project's GitLab repository.

User is offline   jkas789 

Gitlab, github, tomato, potato. I'm a medic Jim not a programmer! :lol:

Thanks for the explanation Leo. For a moment there I thought the forums had gotten 2FA.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options