Duke4.net Forums: Searching for the original Duke 3D .ART files. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Searching for the original Duke 3D .ART files.

User is offline   MrBarefoot 

I purchased Duke 3D when it was released in 1996. I still have the original box, but the CD has long disappeared.
When I discovered that I could add my own graphics to the ART files, I made a mess of them by sticking stuff anywhere I could.
27 years later, all of my original files are on dozens of old hard drives that need a good legacy system to recover. All I have now is the frazzled mess that got copied from system to system over the years.
I would like to have the original files so that I can organize and group them properly.
While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to batch export my graphics to .png or .gif or whatever? I don't mind importing individually, but exporting individually sounds like a major pain in the butt...

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I used art2tga, it's meant for Blood, but will work for any other Build game as long as you supply palette.dat

View PostMrBarefoot, on 19 March 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

I purchased Duke 3D when it was released in 1996. I still have the original box, but the CD has long disappeared.
When I discovered that I could add my own graphics to the ART files, I made a mess of them by sticking stuff anywhere I could.
27 years later, all of my original files are on dozens of old hard drives that need a good legacy system to recover. All I have now is the frazzled mess that got copied from system to system over the years.
I would like to have the original files so that I can organize and group them properly.
While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to batch export my graphics to .png or .gif or whatever? I don't mind importing individually, but exporting individually sounds like a major pain in the butt...

Just To Clarify:
I am not asking for the game files. I am only wanting the original .ART files.

User is offline   dwtietz 

View PostMrBarefoot, on 23 March 2023 - 01:56 PM, said:

Just To Clarify:
I am not asking for the game files. I am only wanting the original .ART files.

Do you mean the original unmodified art files, prior to adding any additional tiles? If so, you should be able to extract a fresh, clean copy out from within the grp file. If you don't have the grp file, Duke 3D can be purchased from zoom-platform for $6

zoom-platform

View Postdwtietz, on 23 March 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

Do you mean the original unmodified art files, prior to adding any additional tiles? If so, you should be able to extract a fresh, clean copy out from within the grp file. If you don't have the grp file, Duke 3D can be purchased from zoom-platform for $6

zoom-platform

Hey, thanks dwtietz.
I should have thought of that.
It worked.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options