Duke4.net Forums: eDuke controller aiming and rumble - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eDuke controller aiming and rumble

User is offline   Dr. Cheis 

I've recently started playing Duke with my Xbox One controller, and while eDuke32 supports button mapping to a much greater extent than the official World Tour edition, there are a couple areas I'm struggling with.

Mainly there's the vertical aiming when paired with forward/reverse movement. In World Tour, your vertical angle will not reset with movement when Mouse Aiming is turned on. When it is off, the view is centered, and the right stick can only affect left-right aiming. In eDuke32 with keyboard and mouse, your vertical angle does not reset with movement regardless of mouse aiming settings, but when mouse aiming is turned off your view will tilt while on a slope. As I currently have the game configured, whenever I move forward or backward with the left stick my up-down aiming gradually shifts back to the center line, regardless of the mouse aiming setting. Maybe mouse aiming has nothing to do with the issue, but I do find it a confusing setup.

Secondly, I notice that eDuke32 has an option to enable the rumble feature of the controller, but unlike World Tour, I haven't found any circumstances where it actually activates. Perhaps the feature is just not fully implemented yet?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options