Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon "Error Compiling Con Files" in Zeta touch - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon "Error Compiling Con Files" in Zeta touch

User is offline   steeloid 

I've asked about this on reddit :https://www.reddit.com/r/dukenukem/comments/yqufbk/error_compiling_con_files_in_zeta_touch/ Now I'm asking here as I don't know where else to contact the creators of this mod. Can anyone help? I'll post eduke log here too if it will help:

Using file"/storage/emulated/0/OpenTouch/Zeta/EDUKE32/mods/AA454-p03.grp" as game data.

Compiling: EDUKE.CON (40 bytes)

Including: AA_MAIN.CON (80 bytes)

Including: scripts/AAGAME.CON (1082297 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWSOUNDS.CON (182024 bytes)

Including: scripts/AADEFS.CON (161217 bytes)

Including: scripts/AAUSER.CON (102873 bytes)

Including: scripts/EBIKE.CON (35435 bytes)

Including: scripts/weapons_hud.CON (370982 bytes)

scripts/weapons_hud.CON: In event `EVENT_GETBONUSTILE':

scripts/weapons_hud.CON:9051: error: parameter `EVENT_GETBONUSTILE' is undefined.

scripts/AAGAME.CON: At top level:

scripts/AAGAME.CON:20809: warning: symbol `PSHRINKING' already used for variable.

Including: scripts/AAITEMS.CON (84458 bytes)

Including: scripts/INTERACT.CON (108668 bytes)

Including: scripts/AAPRELOAD.CON (92213 bytes)

Including: scripts/OLDENEMIES.CON (154662 bytes)

Including: scripts/PIGBOSS.CON (18672 bytes)

Including: scripts/LIZBOSS.CON (20048 bytes)

Including: scripts/LIZRANGER.CON (17875 bytes)

Including: scripts/ZOMBIE.CON (19830 bytes)

Including: scripts/CORRUPT.CON (8987 bytes)

Including: scripts/SITH.CON (26306 bytes)

Including: scripts/CRAZYLADY.CON (12795 bytes)

Including: scripts/CIVILIAN.CON (113140 bytes)

Including: scripts/BOMBSHELL.CON (54235 bytes)

Including: scripts/DUKEBOT.CON (48388 bytes)

Including: scripts/ROLLYTURRET.CON (19640 bytes)

Including: scripts/ARMPIG.CON (20095 bytes)

Including: scripts/MEGABRAIN.CON (10324 bytes)

Including: scripts/BOSS2FLY.CON (3946 bytes)

Including: scripts/TERMINATOR.CON (23950 bytes)

Including: scripts/CYBERBEAST.CON (13787 bytes)

Including: scripts/DEVOURER.CON (10811 bytes)

Including: scripts/VEHICLES.CON (58910 bytes)

Including: scripts/SCUBATROOP.CON (6449 bytes)

Including: scripts/MECHBRAIN.CON (8395 bytes)

Including: scripts/DRPROTON.CON (26069 bytes)

Including: scripts/LIZTURRET.CON (11795 bytes)

Including: scripts/EDFTROOP.CON (22233 bytes)

Including: scripts/ARMEDF.CON (14752 bytes)

Including: scripts/EDFSNIPER.CON (17718 bytes)

Including: scripts/SCHOOLGIRL.CON (11218 bytes)

Including: scripts/GUARD.CON (8880 bytes)

Including: scripts/LIZELITE.CON (23641 bytes)

Including: scripts/MANDO.CON (42244 bytes)

Including: scripts/ARMYANT.CON (19603 bytes)

Including: scripts/SPACEBULL.CON (22346 bytes)

Including: scripts/DEANOVA.CON (34419 bytes)

Including: scripts/CANHEAD.CON (11122 bytes)

Including: scripts/SPIDERMINE.CON (10905 bytes)

Including: scripts/WARMAGEDDON.CON (45770 bytes)

Including: scripts/NPCQUOTES.CON (33441 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWVACA.CON (13070 bytes)

Including: scripts/LITTLEBIGMEN.CON (22706 bytes)

Including: scripts/CYCLOIDMAX.CON (14286 bytes)

Including: scripts/ANCIENTS.CON (17761 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWTROOP.CON (31109 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWPIG.CON (23783 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWCOMM.CON (12009 bytes)

Including: scripts/NEWBATLORD.CON (12273 bytes)

Including: scripts/QUEEN.CON (15074 bytes)

Including: scripts/NURGLE.CON (13961 bytes)

Including: scripts/LIZDOG.CON (13892 bytes)

Including: scripts/WESBOT.CON (53944 bytes)

Including: scripts/NAAMAH.CON (20784 bytes)

Including: scripts/BATBOSS.CON (23250 bytes)

Found 1 warning(s), 1 error(s).

Error compiling CON files.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

not a coder, so no guarantees

replace this file in the scripts folder

all i did was 'fix' a format; there's a good chance the same compile error will show up

[file removed]

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 09:26 PM

View PostForge, on 09 November 2022 - 09:01 PM, said:

not a coder, so no guarantees

replace this file in the scripts folder

all i did was 'fix' a format; there's a good chance the same compile error will show up

scripts folder? All I got is a grp can I edit it somehow?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I just want to point out that the publicly available version has CON script that compiles fine with the EDuke32 that it comes with. If you are trying to make it work with Zeta Touch and someone has repackaged it in a way that doesn't work, that's outside the scope of what I as the developer am going to worry about.

However, IIRC, the event EVENT_GETBONUSTILE that the compiler is choking on in your log was added in a version of EDuke32 in the last few years. So the error makes sense if someone replace it with a much older version of the .exe

User is offline   Forge 

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 09:09 PM, said:

scripts folder? All I got is a grp can I edit it somehow?

dan is the script coder
so if the one i provided doesn't work, you're on your own

here's a generic grp file extractor/compiler.
i suggest extracting all the files out of the grp, drop the con into the appropriate folder & overwrite the old one, then re-compile all the files back into a new grp file

Attached File  XGroup.zip (542.38K)
Number of downloads: 96

And as Dan mentioned, you should acquire the latest public release and simply compile that into a grp file - so you know you have all the right cons and eduke32.exe

https://www.moddb.co...-armageddon-460

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 09:28 PM

Extracting the grp just gave me a dummy file so I'll have to make a new one but the game folder includes a bunch of folders including one with the con files which aren't seen by x-group so how do I go about this?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 09:42 PM, said:

Extracting the grp just gave me a dummy file so I'll have to make a new one but the game folder includes a bunch of folders including one with the con files which aren't seen by x-group so how do I go about this?

Instead of using xgroup I suggest changing the extension of the ".grp" file to .zip and see if it opens like a normal zip file.

View PostForge, on 09 November 2022 - 09:20 PM, said:

dan is the script coder
so if the one i provided doesn't work, you're on your own

here's a generic grp file extractor/compiler.
i suggest extracting all the files out of the grp, drop the con into the appropriate folder & overwrite the old one, then re-compile all the files back into a new grp file

Attachment XGroup.zip

And as Dan mentioned, you should acquire the latest public release and simply compile that into a grp file - so you know you have all the right cons and eduke32.exe

https://www.moddb.co...-armageddon-460

PS:sorry about posting twice there

View PostDanukem, on 09 November 2022 - 09:46 PM, said:

Instead of using xgroup I suggest changing the extension of the ".grp" file to .zip and see if it opens like a normal zip file.

Didn't work said: invalid file

User is offline   Forge 

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 09:42 PM, said:

then maybe you did it wrong?

launch the xgroup.exe, browse to the location of the grp file and hit the x-extract button

Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 10:15 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 09:52 PM, said:

Have you tried asking for help on the OpenTouch Gaming discord? They have channels for mod-help and zeta-touch
I don't use Zeta Touch and I don't know why my mod was repackaged the way it was -- like I said, the error you are getting is consistent with the executable from a much older version being substituted in.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 09:52 PM, said:

Try this Group Editor, this is one of most useful ones i know.

Attached File(s)

View PostDanukem, on 09 November 2022 - 09:58 PM, said:

Have you tried asking for help on the OpenTouch Gaming discord? They have channels for mod-help and zeta-touch
I don't use Zeta Touch and I don't know why my mod was repackaged the way it was -- like I said, the error you are getting is consistent with the executable from a much older version being substituted in.

I would If I could but I can't find it let alone an invite to it

User is offline   Forge 

launch the xgroup.exe, browse to the location of the grp file and hit the x-extract button

selecting the button removes all the other files from the selection box & leaves the grp file - so select it and all the files inside are shown in the right side box

check the box that says 'extract all files'
click the extract grp right below that box, say yes to the default 'all files will be extracted to c:\blah\blah\Extract' folder

browse to the extraction folder - drop in the files you need, where you need them to overwrite the old ones

after all the files have been replaced - browse the xgroup program to the folder where the extract occured and click the 'X-group' button at the bottom

Attached Image: Untitled1.jpg

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 10:17 PM

View PostForge, on 09 November 2022 - 10:03 PM, said:

instructions

Attachment Untitled.jpg

further instructions to follow as i make screen grabs

selecting the button removes all the other files from the selection box & leaves the grp file - so select it and all the files inside are shown in the right side box

Attachment Untitled.jpg

I told you already extracting AA.grp just gets me a dummy file that says: DUMMY GRP, DO NOT ALTER.

User is offline   Forge 

then use the other program that Lakisoft posted.
If that still doesn't work, then contact the person you got the file from and ask them to make you a new one.
The one you have can't be edited by traditional means & who knows how they made it, or what's actually in it

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 10:13 PM

View PostLakiSoft, on 09 November 2022 - 09:59 PM, said:

Try this Group Editor, this is one of most useful ones i know.

Nope nothing but the dummy txt

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 10:00 PM, said:

I would If I could but I can't find it let alone an invite to it

Try these invites, they were the ones sent me by ANTARES#0098 who runs those servers:

https://discord.gg/gFtwSvEH7Y

https://discord.gg/9fSvQ7cH88

View PostForge, on 09 November 2022 - 10:13 PM, said:

then use the other program that Lakisoft posted.
If that still doesn't work, then contact the person you got the file from and ask them to make you a new one.
The one you have can't be edited by traditional means & who knows how they made it, or what's actually in it

I got v4.60 off of moddb so it should be fine

User is offline   Forge 

hopefully someone on those discord channels has a proper working one / can make a good working version.

it's so fun when people make stuff for other ports & when it doesn't work there's not a lot we can do other than to pass them on to the next group of people

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 10:22 PM, said:

I got v4.60 off of moddb so it should be fine

no offence if I came across a bit condescending. Some people that show up here are kinda 'low knowledge' when it comes to dealing with computer files - so I default to dealing with the lowest common denominator

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2022 - 10:34 PM

View PostDanukem, on 09 November 2022 - 09:58 PM, said:

Is the problem with the Eduke version zeta's using or the eduke files in the grp?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 10:43 PM, said:

Is the problem with the Eduke version zeta's using or the eduke files in the grp?

Based on the error you presented and on that fact alone my guess would be the Eduke32 version zeta's using. HOWEVER, the existence of EVENT_GETBONUSTILE in EDuke32 goes back far enough that I find this surprising. I wonder if someone substituted in a much older EDuke32 version because they believed it had better performance. Perhaps said older version did work with other mods so they thought it would be safe to use with AA. That's only speculation on my part though -- I have never used Zeta Touch and I did not make the AA package for it so I'm just guessing.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Just following up with a direct reply from Antares:

ANTARES — Today at 11:19 PM
One [other] person also wrote about a compilation error. And the reason turned out to be the same - the old build of eduke32. Zeta Touch now has two versions of eduke32 - stable (old) and dev build (fresh) There are no problems [with Alien Armageddon 4.60] using the latter.

So use the one with the newer EDuke32.

View PostDanukem, on 09 November 2022 - 10:54 PM, said:

Based on the error you presented and on that fact alone my guess would be the Eduke32 version zeta's using. HOWEVER, the existence of EVENT_GETBONUSTILE in EDuke32 goes back far enough that I find this surprising. I wonder if someone substituted in a much older EDuke32 version because they believed it had better performance. Perhaps said older version did work with other mods so they thought it would be safe to use with AA. That's only speculation on my part though -- I have never used Zeta Touch and I did not make the AA package for it so I'm just guessing.

Just heard back on the opentouch discord, they said to use dev (you can switch between stable and dev) and that the moddb version doesn't work on zeta and linked me to their own grp (presumably modified for zeta)

View Poststeeloid, on 09 November 2022 - 11:43 PM, said:

Just heard back on the opentouch discord, they said to use dev (you can switch between stable and dev) and that the moddb version doesn't work on zeta and linked me to their own grp (presumably modified for zeta)

It works now, thanks for yours and everyone else's help especially the invite to the open touch discord where I found the answer B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options