Duke4.net Forums: Polymost rendering and lights in latest build (20220611) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymost rendering and lights in latest build (20220611)

Hello,
It seems that this Polymost bug has been fixed on the latest build: Polymost bug
However, walls doesn't seem to match the ambient lighting and always appear bright. Any console commands or .cfg parameters I should try?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Could you post a screenshot of the breakage? Thanks!

User is offline   Mark 

I didn't find any info on usage of the new lighting feature. Is it using the same SE49 as Polymer? Anything else needed such as new setrendermode or other command?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Looking at filipe’s screenshot, that particular texture uses Fulbright colors for the middle part. If that’s what he is referring to then the renderer is working as intended.

User is offline   Mark 

Ah, I thought his pic was to show the flickering wall sprite bug was fixed. I talked to TX and he told me there is no lighting feature for Polymost yet. :(

View PostMark, on 13 June 2022 - 09:53 AM, said:

Ah, I thought his pic was to show the flickering wall sprite bug was fixed. I talked to TX and he told me there is no lighting feature for Polymost yet. :(

Exactly, the disappearing wall sprite bug has been fixed (there was no flickering, but it was cut-off the whole time), but now there's no lighting.

Polymost never had dynamic lights, Polymer does.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 14 June 2022 - 10:12 AM, said:

Polymost never had dynamic lights, Polymer does.

It's not dynamics lights, but the basic lighting is partially broken as most walls are fully bright in dark areas. Areas with variable lights are still partially working.
Edit: I'm posting new screenshots in the same area in software, polymost and polymer for everyone to see what I'm talking about:
Software:
Attached Image: duke0000.png
Polymost:
Attached Image: duke0001.png
Polymer:
Attached Image: duke0002.png
Notice that the walls in polymost are fully lit up whereas in software and polymer are not.

This post has been edited by filipetolhuizen: 16 June 2022 - 09:46 AM

Have you tried turning off texture filtering?

View PostPhredreeke, on 16 June 2022 - 01:58 PM, said:

Have you tried turning off texture filtering?

That did the trick, thanks! Now both lights and signs are fixed.

I decided to test this myself. The bug appears when palette emulation is disabled and only on textures which have fullbright colors on them (the whole texture turns fullbright instead of just the pixels that use fullbright colors)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options