Duke4.net Forums: Making all enemies aggressive as the Enforcer? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making all enemies aggressive as the Enforcer?

User is offline   Anvil 

I'm looking for a code that makes all enemies aggressive as the Enforcer.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Enforcers are pussies, you should make them as aggressive as battelords instead.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

View PostDanukem, on 15 April 2022 - 01:10 AM, said:

Enforcers are pussies, you should make them as aggressive as battelords instead.

LMAO, This post made my day! Thanks man. :D B)

User is offline   Anvil 

What about a modified con file that fixes the weird monsters behavior of just walking toward the player instead of shooting him?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I seem to remember a thread or maybe it was a discord channel where we had actual suggestions for how to change the code for making enemies more aggressive. Evidently it was not this one.

User is offline   Anvil 

I think I found the thread you are referring to:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__369867
However, these suggestions aren't specific enough for me.
Which lines exactly should be modified?

Part of the aggressiveness of Enforcers if they have a chance to swap to shooting whenever they are hit by something. That chance doubles as 'accuracy' reduction by resetting action count before a bullet is shot at Duke.
state checklizhit
(...)
    ifp palive
      ifcansee
        ifcanshoottarget
		  ifrnd 96
          {
            ai AILIZSHOOTENEMY
            break
          }
ends

Setting the chance too high causes the Enforcer to 'miss' every shot and make no firing SFX
If you take this on-hit approach with other enemies you'll want to make exceptions for when those enemies are shooting or flinching lest they cancel the action partway

The other reason is the Enforcer seekstate has counts below 3 seconds to start shooting for close & far ranges, and a charge state that guarantees it no matter the distance.
For comparison the Trooper only has shoot chances after stopping, after fleeing, and after unhiding.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options