Duke4.net Forums: Control settings questions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Control settings questions

Hi, I updated to the latest eduke32 64 bit build (9957) from a version from a year or so ago. I'm liking the feel of the controller settings, had a few questions.

Weighted aiming - what does this setting do? I messed with it, not sure if it changes the curve of acceleration etc or makes vertical aiming in particular slower, or if it does several things. And how much adjusting it will change it.

Strafe running - at default settings, strafe running (holding the stick forward diagonally) caused you to move slowly, slower than running forward.

That was with 5.0 sensitivity for both X and Y axis on the left stick for movement. I've messed with it, and upping the X-axis sensitivity to 9 or 10 does at least make it so strafe running is not slower, though this also makes regular strafing faster.

Feels pretty good, just curious, and if there are any other tips and tricks to know about these settings. Thanks.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 19 February 2022 - 03:47 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options