Duke4.net Forums: So, about that Lord of the Rings show from Amazon... - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So, about that Lord of the Rings show from Amazon...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostAristotle Gumball, on 23 September 2022 - 10:20 AM, said:

The Hobbit movies were pretty entertaining. I liked em. The LOTR films were like soap opera for sad nerds. I didn't hate them, but they were mostly boring until the final one which at least had cool parts.

Posted Image

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Ya heard me faggot. The Hobbit is like one of those gangster movies. A bunch of cool midget people or whatever the fuck go on an adventure and there was also that sociopathic dragon. That was great. LOTR movies is just a bunch of whining and looking meaningfully in each others eyes while strolling through forests and occasionally crying. It's too emo. Sorry.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I used to watch the extended LOTR trilogy on repeat when I was younger. I don't remember much about them other than I preferred the second one. The other ones were boring. Tons of deus ex machina. The Hobbit trilogy was lame. Overall I don't admire the original trilogy as much as I once did. High Fantasy as a genre lends itself to so many plot holes that I'm just not a fan of those types of stories anymore.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Still haven't watched the third Hobbit movie. Should have kept it two films. Also wish Guillermo del Toro got to make it.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

used to be that if you mindlessly defended some fantasy story and panned the screen adaptation, or later 'fan-fiction' continuations (i.e. star wars) - you were called a nerd.
now you get called some kind of -ist or -ism.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 24 September 2022 - 08:47 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDanukem, on 22 September 2022 - 08:30 PM, said:

But if they look back in 10 or more years at the countless hours they spent making all those videos, I doubt they will feel good about it.

And then they'll look at their bank account and feel much better.

User is offline   Mark 

I think all the LOTR movies were great entertainment. I've watched them in reruns many times on cable tv.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark, on 24 September 2022 - 12:42 PM, said:

I think all the LOTR movies were great entertainment. I've watched them in reruns many times on cable tv.

Posted Image

User is online   Aleks 

I think it's high time this gets posted in this thread:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love when the little potbelly goblin (probably Irish) man throws up a little bit.

• banned!

They were so exaggeratedly gay weren't they? I mean it's so over the top. I've never seen girls be this affectionate with each other. Makes my skin crawl.

• banned!

Btw it isn't so much that they're gay, it's more about the excessively emotional tone to everything. If they'd had a giant hobbit orgy, I would've been fine with that (more than fine even, I would've been entertained). Just stop blueballing me. STOP. BLUEBALLING. ME.

User is offline   jkas789 

Anyways I just watched the 6th episode. It's the best episode because it's the most coherent and something finally fucking happens. It's the most retarded episode because the fucking script decided to nosedive into idiocy and contrived deus ex machinas. Yeah I still hate this trash.

• banned!

If the fans hate it, maybe it's actually good.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostAristotle Gumball, on 06 October 2022 - 05:34 AM, said:

If the fans hate it, maybe it's actually good.

You are now fully qualified to be on the writing staff.

• banned!

I like RedLetterMedia, but Mike was sounding like such a bitch when he complained about Star Trek Picard ruining Star Trek for him. Just don't watch it. The culture you knew is dead and isn't coming back. Also, no man is an island. Even formerly talented individuals get affected by new people entering their lives, new cultural ideas, etc. I was hugely anticipating the release of Bloodlines 2 because they got some of the original devs, and namely the original writer. The game's mostly known for its writing. Well, videos started coming out showing some of the story elements, and it was garbage. Right from the get go they made it clear they would not be appealing to the "male fantasy". All the female characters in the game were ugly lesbians. It took place in fucking contemporary Seattle (boring) instead of 90s Los Angeles (land of degeneracy).

Hell, if Tolkien were alive today, he might praise the shit out of this adaption. He was a closet lefty anyway and probably far less autistic than his fanboys.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostAristotle Gumball, on 06 October 2022 - 12:07 PM, said:

Right from the get go they made it clear they would not be appealing to the "male fantasy". All the female characters in the game were ugly lesbians. It took place in fucking contemporary Seattle (boring) instead of 90s Los Angeles (land of degeneracy).

What's funny to me about this trend is that what they are creating is more of a fantasy than what they are criticising. Maybe those devs should come outside more often and look around: beautiful women aren't just a fantasy, they really exist. We have achieved an inversion now where the proportion of beautiful women in the real world greatly exceeds those in western developed video games and movies.

• banned!

I think the push towards greater diversity in media was motivated at least in part by a genuine and earnest desire to make more money by appealing to larger audiences, but you can't have ugly people next to pretty people because of the halo effect, so they had to pick one over the other. Now they're too far in to turn back.

Leftists can never accept that life is inherently unfair and you have to fight to make up for what is often completely outside of your control, but that speaks more about the nature of human existence in general, and perhaps we can have shows that explore topics such as the complete annihilation of our species, but trying to deny reality and force everyone to go against their natural wiring simply doesn't work, and is annoying. I can appreciate finely crafted misery, but I hate things that deny physical reality. To be honest, it's probably a big reason why I never liked the fantasy genre to begin with. I need science gobbledygook. Don't tell me it's fucking magic.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The polarization of Hollywood is merely an outgrowth of the radicalization of the left after Occupy Wall Street.

And yes, an intrinsic value of leftist thought is hatred of reality. Words like 'self-confidence', 'self-reliance', 'initiative', 'enterprise', 'optimism', etc. play little role in the liberal and leftist vocabulary. The leftist is anti-individualistic, pro-collectivist. He wants society to solve everyone's problems for them, satisfy everyone's needs for them, take care of them. It's why leftists never talk about family, marriage, self-sacrifice, hard work, risk and reward, etc. Some leftists even do these things and are good at it, but they don't talk about it simply because they hate reality.

• banned!

Reality is inherently loathsome, though. I just don't deny it. That's the difference. I don't think it's all socialization and people can be "educated" out of their biases. The biases are real and in large part biological. Hate the right thing.

User is offline   Forge 

Your ignoring the elitists role. They push the agenda with massive amounts of money and influence.
The end game is a power creep where all the dregs refuse to reproduce and are pawns to basically get rid of the independent mentality.
A return to serfdom for the 'working class' to serve those living behind the gates.
Globalism.

• banned!

That's reflective of a natural order of things. I remember reading the transcript from the Nuremberg trial and they had all the Nazis IQ tested. Turns out their position in the party hierarchy was tied to their actual intelligence. So the strong rule the weak, and the clever rule the strong. That's just life. It happens naturally.

Part of the reason I hate communism tbh. When you try to eliminate social hierarchies, biology still remains, and cool kid clubs will form based on the most capable and attractive people. People who worked at Valve (famous for their flat hierarchy) claimed that's how it was. You were free, but no one wanted to work with you unless you got the attention of one of the cool kids or joined them for their project. A benevolent dictator (such as a boss) can alleviate this. Anyway, played out over a long timescale, the hierarchies just get increasingly more vast and complicated.

Truth is we are mostly disposable.

This post has been edited by Aristotle Gumball: 07 October 2022 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   Forge 

until someone says, 'let them eat cake'. Then the real fun and natural order of things begins anew

• banned!

You got that right.

• Duke Plus Developer

That was interesting but now let's allow the thread to return to its original topic and take our more general intellectual discourse elsewhere.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I've heard this show isn't doing so good and that Amazon is a bit startled by House of the Dragon edging them out in popularity. I would be startled too if my $715 million dollar show was going to end up a flop.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostAristotle Gumball, on 07 October 2022 - 08:00 AM, said:

That's reflective of a natural order of things. I remember reading the transcript from the Nuremberg trial and they had all the Nazis IQ tested. Turns out their position in the party hierarchy was tied to their actual intelligence. So the strong rule the weak, and the clever rule the strong. That's just life. It happens naturally.

Part of the reason I hate communism tbh. When you try to eliminate social hierarchies, biology still remains, and cool kid clubs will form based on the most capable and attractive people. People who worked at Valve (famous for their flat hierarchy) claimed that's how it was. You were free, but no one wanted to work with you unless you got the attention of one of the cool kids or joined them for their project. A benevolent dictator (such as a boss) can alleviate this. Anyway, played out over a long timescale, the hierarchies just get increasingly more vast and complicated.

Truth is we are mostly disposable.

That's some clever insight

User is offline   MObreck 

View PostDNSKILL, on 12 October 2022 - 03:16 PM, said:

I've heard this show isn't doing so good and that Amazon is a bit startled by House of the Dragon edging them out in popularity. I would be startled too if my $715 million dollar show was going to end up a flop.

The diversity for the sake of diversity was to be expected from modern Hollywood. But I still for the life of me can't wrap my head around why Amazon thought turning control of the most expensive TV show ever produced over to two guy that have never even gotten one of their screenplays successfully greenlit was going to end well.

User is offline   Forge 

Imagine not getting a gay, racist, elitist douchebag to play a flamboyant elf. Where's juicy smollett?
That's what this show is missing.

"With my sword, I stab at thee. And by sword, I mean penis. teehee"

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 October 2022 - 05:55 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

So I finished watching it. I was expecting nothing and I still was disappointed. notSauron ended up being Sauron and Galadriel is a fucking bitch. 10/10 I would watch again if only to finish masturbating to notSauron applying underwater erotic asphyxiation to Galadriel. Now if only the writers could grow a pair of balls and let Sauron actually drown her then I could finally reach my explosive happy ending...

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options