Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem total meltdown full French project - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem total meltdown full French project

User is offline   geomancien 

#1

As the title suggests, this project aims to translate the entire Duke Nukem total meltdown PSX mod into French whether it is the voices, textures and menus of the game, being alone on the project I hope to find help on the forum to help me complete this mod, I leaves you with some images of the current project and will of course answer all your questions. (I would like to thank in advance Fox and others who have helped me with some problems.)
https://i.imgur.com/ILAG8ts.png https://i.imgur.com/qxHuI2a.png https://i.imgur.com/GDmdWrn.png https://i.imgur.com/QeVGM58.png https://i.imgur.com/U506ena.png
2

User is offline   geomancien 

#2

i noticed something pretty strange about Duke's lines two of them don't come out when Duke and still he's supposed to say two different lines "what are you waiting for christmas" and "come on" but it never goes off, yet i have looked in the mod folders and the audio files are there, does anyone have any idea?
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#3

Am I tired or is the gun one of my upscales?
1

User is offline   geomancien 

#4

View PostPhredreeke, on 23 November 2021 - 07:11 AM, said:

Am I tired or is the gun one of my upscales?

yes absolutely I use the version "Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Upscale Pack 1.1" besides I planned to make an upscale version of the fr textures that I am extracting, and if you are OK I would need your talent
0

User is offline   heavyjo 

#5

View Postgeomancien, on 22 November 2021 - 05:44 AM, said:

As the title suggests, this project aims to translate the entire Duke Nukem total meltdown PSX mod into French whether it is the voices, textures and menus of the game, being alone on the project I hope to find help on the forum to help me complete this mod, I leaves you with some images of the current project and will of course answer all your questions. (I would like to thank in advance Fox and others who have helped me with some problems.)


J'avais déjà fait un poste à ce sujet.
Voilà un fichier avec les images, les sons, les niveaux et le menu
https://mega.nz/file...1KkaljaW5_Q1MVk

Il sufi de rajouter "duke3d.grp" dans le dossier.
1

User is offline   geomancien 

#6

View Postheavyjo, on 27 November 2021 - 03:23 PM, said:

J'avais déjà fait un poste à ce sujet.
Voilà un fichier avec les images, les sons, les niveaux et le menu
https://mega.nz/file...1KkaljaW5_Q1MVk

Il sufi de rajouter "duke3d.grp" dans le dossier.

FR:
je te remercie énormément, il me manquai juste les maps en français, j'avais réussi à extraire les texture les sons et les vidéos, ton fichier va m'aider à compléter s'il me manque des éléments et aussi à charger les maps en français, car je n'aurais pas pu modifier le build engine tout seul j'ai perdu à la main il y a bien longtemps, enfin bref je vais charger ce que tu vas m'offrir et voir ce que ça donne, dans tous les cas j'ai remarqué plusieurs bug de son 2 gameplay et de graphisme le mod a besoin d'une bonne mise à jour,j 'ai remarqué que Duke ne s'exprime plus quand il est immobile j'ai essayé en VF et en VO c'est la même chose il ne dis plus rien pourtant les fichiers sont présents dans les dossiers du mod mets je ne vois pas où est le souci, il y a aussi un gros bug graphique dans le niveau Lunatic Fringe qui nous télé transporte de l'autre côté de la map et vice-versa aléatoirement dès que l'on passe sur une zone de teleporte ce niveau est complètement buggé, il y a aussi le même problème dans le niveau Tier Drops.

ENG:
I thank you very much, I just missed the maps in French, I had succeeded in extracting the textures, sounds and videos, your file will help me to complete if I am missing elements and also to load the maps in French, because I would not have been able to modify the build engine on my own I lost by hand a long time ago, anyway I will load what you are going to offer me and see what it gives, in all case I noticed several bug of its 2 gameplay and graphics the mod needs a good update, I noticed that Duke no longer expresses himself when he is stationary I tried in VF and VO it's the same thing he doesn't say anything any more however the files are present in the folders of the mod put I don't see where is the concern, there is also a big graphical bug in the Lunatic Fringe level which teleports us to the other side of the map and vice versa randomly as soon as we pass over a teleport zone this level is completely bugged, there is also the same problem in the Tier Drops level.
1

User is online   Phredreeke 

#7

Can you put together a zip file with just the changed tiles? I'd rather not download a 700 mb file just to grab those.

(Also, were there any translations of Total Meltdown other than French?)
1

User is offline   geomancien 

#8

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 November 2021 - 08:29 PM, said:

Can you put together a zip file with just the changed tiles? I'd rather not download a 700 mb file just to grab those.

(Also, were there any translations of Total Meltdown other than French?)

here are textures that you requested but the work is not finished, two or three details are missing and an upscale version is planned for this texture, for what of a translation other than the French of Total meltdown, actually i haven't really looked but i don't think another language is available.

Attached File(s)

  • Attached File  tiles.7z (5.6MB)
    Number of downloads: 131


This post has been edited by geomancien: 29 November 2021 - 04:17 AM

0

User is offline   geomancien 

#9

View Postheavyjo, on 27 November 2021 - 03:23 PM, said:

J'avais déjà fait un poste à ce sujet.
Voilà un fichier avec les images, les sons, les niveaux et le menu
https://mega.nz/file...1KkaljaW5_Q1MVk

Il sufi de rajouter "duke3d.grp" dans le dossier.

j'ai essayé ta version je voulais te demander est-ce qu'il serait possible que tu mettes à jour le lanceur en français avec la derniere version de eDuke32 pour voir comment le mod se comporte que je puisse vérifier si les bugs sont toujours présents, car Duke ne s'exprime toujours pas quand il est immobile, certaines textures sont mal cadré et il manque quelques traduction dans certaines maps
0

User is offline   heavyjo 

#10

Geomancien, voilà un lien qui te sera utile pour traduire le lancer
https://wiki.eduke32...ke32_on_Windows
Perso, j’utilise Visual Studio.
1

User is offline   geomancien 

#11

View Postheavyjo, on 29 November 2021 - 05:26 AM, said:

Geomancien, voilà un lien qui te sera utile pour traduire le lancer
https://wiki.eduke32...ke32_on_Windows
Perso, j’utilise Visual Studio.

j'ai pas bien compris ce que je voulais te dire en fait, je voulais juste mettre ton lanceur (Total Meltown-Fr) à jour pour vérifier les bugs, car ta version est de 2019

This post has been edited by geomancien: 29 November 2021 - 05:42 AM

0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#12

Access LARD?

Attached Image: 2568.png

Edit: I noticed at least one tile is a higher color depth in the French version than the English.

Attached Image: 3711.pngAttached Image: 3711.png

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 29 November 2021 - 12:02 PM

1

User is offline   geomancien 

#13

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 November 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

Access LARD?

Attachment 2568.png

Edit: I noticed at least one tile is a higher color depth in the French version than the English.

Attachment 3711.pngAttachment 3711.png

yes it's true the fr palette is slightly more saturated
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#14

Not just more saturated, there are more colors overall

Edit: Another one

Attached Image: 3717-frenchcompare.png

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 29 November 2021 - 04:19 PM

1

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#15

Mostly blurrier.
1

User is offline   oasiz 

  • Dr. Effector

#16

It looks like their conversion tool also kicked in, giving things that usual purplish/red hue, seen in various stock textures.
I bet a lot of the differences for such are due to this process trying to pick a limited palette to fit everything into, text is larger so red is more prominent now.

I haven't done depth comparisons but it's likely that some textures gain more perceived detail because of this in some areas?
3

User is offline   geomancien 

#17

View PostJimmy, on 29 November 2021 - 07:20 PM, said:

Mostly blurrier.

when I extract the textures from the playstation and render with Gimp, I get a poor quality texture which is very blurry, I don't know if there is any software that I could use that would not lose the original quality, which would make the textures less blurry and we could start with an upscale version of this same texture
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#18

It just sounds like you don't know what you're doing. Plenty of people use Gimp without mangling detail and color depth.
1

User is online   Phredreeke 

#19

I made an attempt at upscaling the Total Meltdown font

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: spritesheet.png

1

User is offline   heavyjo 

#20

Pour les images ne chercher pas, c'est une fusion de ceux de la Psx et de la version PC pour un meilleur rendu visuel.

geomancien pour mettre à jour le lancer, tu dois passer par le lien que je t'ai donné.
Tu dois télécharger tout le Build du "Eduke32" puis traduire tout ce que tu veux traduire et ensuite le recompiler.

This post has been edited by heavyjo: 14 December 2021 - 12:40 PM

1

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#21

 heavyjo, on 14 December 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Pour les images ne chercher pas, c'est une fusion de ceux de la Psx et de la version PC pour un meilleur rendu visuel.

geomancien pour mettre à jour le lancer, tu dois passer par le lien que je t'ai donné.
Tu dois télécharger tout le Build du "Eduke32" puis traduire tout ce que tu veux traduire et ensuite le recompiler.

https://i.imgur.com/RyjMkpL.gif
2

User is offline   geomancien 

#22

View Postheavyjo, on 14 December 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Pour les images ne chercher pas, c'est une fusion de ceux de la Psx et de la version PC pour un meilleur rendu visuel.

geomancien pour mettre à jour le lancer, tu dois passer par le lien que je t'ai donné.
Tu dois télécharger tout le Build du "Eduke32" puis traduire tout ce que tu veux traduire et ensuite le recompiler.

dois-je ouvrir le Eduke32.EXE avec 7zip? désolé si j'ai mal compris je n'ai jamais fait ça avant.

do I have to open the Eduke32.EXE with 7zip? sorry if i misunderstood i have never done this before.
0

#23

View PostJimmy, on 30 November 2021 - 01:17 PM, said:

It just sounds like you don't know what you're doing. Plenty of people use Gimp without mangling detail and color depth.

It didn't make my images blurry, but Gimp's indexed color conversion is terrible and usually results in strange discoloration. Other tools, such as Photoshop, or even converting truecolor images to a specific palette in BAFed or SLADE gives a much better result.

View Postgeomancien, on 16 December 2021 - 05:11 AM, said:

dois-je ouvrir le Eduke32.EXE avec 7zip? désolé si j'ai mal compris je n'ai jamais fait ça avant.

do I have to open the Eduke32.EXE with 7zip? sorry if i misunderstood i have never done this before.


No, you need to download the source code from: https://voidpoint.io/terminx/eduke32
For the Windows launcher, the relevant files are contained within "source/duke3d/rsrc". Since your goal is translating the game, you should be able to find the relevant strings in those files easily.
Moreover, there's a number of hardcoded strings inside 'source/duke3d/src' , particularly inside "menus.cpp", which you may want to alter.

Finally you will need to recompile the executable, for which heavyjo already sent you a link: https://wiki.eduke32...ke32_on_Windows

Ideally there would be engine-side support for translating the hardcoded strings, without needing to recompile the game (e.g. via a DEF command -- there does exist one called 'localization', but its not fully implemented from what I can tell).

View Postgeomancien, on 23 November 2021 - 05:15 AM, said:

i noticed something pretty strange about Duke's lines two of them don't come out when Duke and still he's supposed to say two different lines "what are you waiting for christmas" and "come on" but it never goes off, yet i have looked in the mod folders and the audio files are there, does anyone have any idea?


This is likely the following bug: https://voidpoint.io...32/-/issues/215
1

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#24

View PostDoom64hunter, on 29 December 2021 - 01:11 AM, said:

It didn't make my images blurry, but Gimp's indexed color conversion is terrible and usually results in strange discoloration. Other tools, such as Photoshop, or even converting truecolor images to a specific palette in BAFed or SLADE gives a much better result.

ImageAnalyzer indexes colors best in my experience.
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#25

In this case though you shouldn't be doing any indexed color conversion anyway. Keep whatever colors are in the assets
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#26

It makes sense to me that you might draw the new bits in true color and then squash it down. He's just a lazy artist and doesn't care about maintaining the original art.
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#27

BTW, if you want to use ImageMagick to batch palettise using the colors of the TC's tiles

md montage8bitnd
for %%f in (*.png) do (if not exist "montage8bitnd\%%f" "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.7-Q8\Magick.exe" convert %%f +dither -remap "F:\Games\duke mods\duketm103\tiles\art\%%f" png8:montage8bitnd\%%f)


You'll have to replace the paths to Imagemagick and the TC with wherever they are on your PC.
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#28

That still won't fix the blurriness.
0

User is online   Phredreeke 

#29

The fix for that is to rip them properly. Perhaps Fox or Nukey could explain how?
0

User is offline   heavyjo 

#30

Alors tu t’en sors avec la traduction ?
Ça donne quoi?
1

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options