Duke4.net Forums: Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus

User is offline   Mark 

darkprince227, on 27 December 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Nobody here owns the games, but they still made HRP models, or is that not what you mean? I'm kinda confused here :D

HRP models for the normal game already exist, they just need a Santa hat/ antlers added, but the snowmen/elves would need completely new models.

I mean creating new models to replace sprites in NW. If I don't have the game I have no way to test and adjust and place the models in the game after I make them.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 27 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The official Nuclear Winter demo has all the art.

User is offline   Mark 

Hmm, never knew there was a demo. Thanks.

Darn, I see its Dos or Win95. Probably no easy/lazy way to run it. That shows how little attention I pay to some things. I just assumed it was a commercial mod using a very early version of eduke or jduke

This post has been edited by Mark.: 27 December 2017 - 08:53 AM

User is offline   Shane 

Mark., on 27 December 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hmm, never knew there was a demo. Thanks.

Darn, I see its Dos or Win95. Probably no easy/lazy way to run it. That shows how little attention I pay to some things. I just assumed it was a commercial mod using a very early version of eduke or jduke

The GAMEDATA folder in that zip has the assets.

• Weaponized Autism

Mark., on 27 December 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

My NW+ installer can get it all set up for you. You just need the GRP file.

Isn't the NW demo already featured in the nw_plus pack anyway? :D

Also, is there a difference between the "nwl1demo" and "nwl1demo_orig" maps?

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 28 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Nothing happens when I click the download link on 266's site for NW+

• Weaponized Autism

http://hendricks266..../nw_plus_dl.php

User is offline   Mark 

Still nothing happens. Can someone else try? Maybe its on my end.

User is offline   Hank 

Mark., on 28 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Still nothing happens. Can someone else try? Maybe its on my end.

Tested it - works for me.

Just in case, did you follow the instruction? Because the 'Download' button, is a link to the page only, not on how to the actually download the SVN files
http://wiki.eduke32....Add-on_HRP_SVNs

This post has been edited by Hank: 28 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I clicked on a link which took me to the release thread. I clicked there and IIRC it took me right back to 266's website

• Weaponized Autism

I linked you to a page with instructions. The right edge is a navigation sidebar, the link there that says Download takes you the page I linked.

User is offline   Hank 

Mark., on 28 December 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

I clicked on a link which took me to the release thread. I clicked there and IIRC it took me right back to 266's website

OK. All you need to do then is to follow the actual instructions. (See link below, or my previous post)
http://wiki.eduke32....Add-on_HRP_SVNs

User is offline   Mark 

I'll look again later. What I did was go to the first post in this thread. Clicked to download version 2. That sent me to 266's website where I first tried clicking download button on the right. No download started. Then I saw the 2 links at the bottom of the page. Neither one of them lead to a download. So I have to access an svn for the stuff? When I clicked download I was expecting a download to happen. My bad. :D

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Mark., on 28 December 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

So I have to access an svn for the stuff?

If you follow the 'Automatic Method', all required svn steps are pre-written in the 'SVN Auto-Downloading Script Set'.
Just unzip it, as described, and Open the nw_plus_svn_checkout.bat .

Hendricks266 made this (SVN checkout) as painless as possible.

This post has been edited by Hank: 28 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I have been using Tortoise SVN for years and I chose to use that ( I had to remove the s from https to make it work ) instead of running different scripts and installing to a previous duke3d folder. I like to keep all my different projects as separated as possible. I now have a new standalone NW folder with the svn contents, eduke32, mapster32, duke3d.grp and the demo version of nw.grp. I was able to load the game, configure and play but I saw only 2 textures that looked like HRP quality. So I don't know if I have to make up some special batch or def file to include all the content or maybe the first map doesn't use many of the new textures. Or possibly enter a folder name in the startup box. I'll have to investigate, i.e. actually read instructions. :D

Edit: Is the reason for installing NW inside a working copy of Duke3D because NW+ uses the HRP files from it along with it's own HRP content?

Sorry for being a P.I.A. with this. I just don't like jamming different mods and add-ons all together. It makes for tougher debugging.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I messed around for a while and got the DN HRP to load in NW+. It overwrites a couple of enemies which I'm sure I could mess with some more. But mainly I just wanted to see the game to decide what I wanted to add. I thought I might make a few models for this. But after seeing how little has been done texture wise it might be better to concentrate there instead. I'll have to think about it.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

• Weaponized Autism

If the stock HRP is overwriting NW+, something is wrong.

You should use the batch file method. Creativity in the installation process directly results in breakage.

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah, I take full blame for what I have. I'll be removing my changes anyway. In the end I want just the stock game and it's HRP so I could decide what to do for assets.

Happy July folks :unsure:

I just downloaded Shadow Warrior Redux in the Steam Summer Sale (now over, sorry :( ) and I just realised that the guy prank calling the strip club in Deja Vu is Lo Wang :(

BTW is there any truth to the rumour that they're going to merge the HRPs of Nuclear Winters and Duke| Caribbean into the main HRP?

IT'S ME! The gift that keeps on giving every Christmas on this post :(

Decided to do my annual runthrough of NW early this year. Gotta say, with my newer computer and the HRP at full, it's AWESOME!

Couple of things, though. This is probably for the eduke thread, only the horizontal part of the crosshair is visible. I probably just need to update my eduke though.

Attached Image: duke0011.png

Secondly, this is actually relevant to Nuclear Winter. The end screen in classic/software mode appears to have a black background and the loading screen in HRP mode is completely black save for a lone dollar bill. Is it supposed to be like that?

Attached Image: duke0007.png Attached Image: duke0013.png

In any case. Happy holidays and Hail to the king, baby :)

User is offline   Mark 

The loading screen glitch was fixed in the latest revision of eduke32.

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Mark, on 23 December 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

The loading screen glitch was fixed in the latest revision of eduke32.

In the words of our man, Duke "Ah, much better!"

• Weaponized Autism

The loading screen tile has a plain black background in NW.

Posted Image

EDIT: If you didn't notice until now, that may mean you're used to the NWHRP version of this image that Jimmy made, which is a Christmas tree over the normal LA background, complete with Duke action figures and a plush headcrab :). Did you intend to play with hightile off?

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 23 December 2018 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I must be used to the NWHRP version with the nuke background. It's been a long time since I played it in classical mode, I forgot it was supposed to look like that. :)

Guess who, everybody?! Yup, it's the darkprince with his annual Christmas message.

Haven't done my annual saving of Christmas with Duke just yet, but I'll be back with a report if anything needs fixing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :) :lol:

OK, everything seems to be in order :lol: Not to mention I was singing along to the background music when I knew the lyrics.

I was thinking what Nuclear Winter would be like if it was released today, probably as a kind of DLC. Maybe Duke would receive help from good elves, or at the very least they'd be scattered around like civilians with the female
elves fawning over him and the Santa boss fight would be a bit different too, probably involving some kind of mind control device connected to battle armour.

Of course, give the aliens Christmas-themed clothes and make the Feminist Elven Militia look like SJWs. Heck, the name "Feminist Elven Militia" would be enough to trigger them IRL

As usual, it's darkprince227 with his annual Christmas message to the Duke4 forums, HAPPY HOLIDAYS B) I may be darkprince, but maybe I should declare myself the king of this threat since I usually give an annual message like the queen of England.
Duke Nukem's the real king, of course, but still.

Normally I play through the whole chapter but this year I just played the last 2 levels, just didn't feel up to it. Then again it's been a tough year for everybody due to you-know-what :(

The HRP has been dead for a long time, but a new project is being born, the ERP (Enhanced Resolution/Resource Pack) which already looks promising. Still, maybe something could be salvaged. Maybe the textures for the sky and snow could be reused because the colours EXPLODED off the screen, same with the VacaHRP.

If anybody's reading this, hope you have a great day wherever you are, and here's hoping next year will be better. ;)

It's that time of year again B) I've just done my traditional run-through of Nuclear Winter and decided to keep it simple and played in normal mode, no HRP

Not really much else to say apart from MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021 :D

There should really be come Christmas emojis this time of year

darkprince227, on 24 December 2021 - 02:37 AM, said:

It's that time of year again B) I've just done my traditional run-through of Nuclear Winter and decided to keep it simple and played in normal mode, no HRP

Not really much else to say apart from MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021 :D

There should really be come Christmas emojis this time of year

Too bad the Nuclear Winter HRP was abandonned >_> Of all 3 add-ons, it's not as complex as Vacation.

I did a playthrough myself, with "dnskill5". I took the curiosity of looking into the NW.GRP file, and saw a bunch of Santa Claws .VOC files, but never used ingame somehow O_o I remember that "I have a present for you" I heard many many years ago when I was using JFDuke, but never ever after, and never the other ones ever ever ....

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options