Duke4.net Forums: Any way to play Duke It Out In DC, Nuclear Winter, and Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach with EDuke32? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any way to play Duke It Out In DC, Nuclear Winter, and Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach with EDuke32?

User is offline   djhddhh 

I recently got the 20th-anniversary edition of Duke 3d to work on EDuke32, and I just recently learned about the aforementioned expansions. Since they don't come with the 20th-anniversary edition, is there any way to play them currently with EDuke32? And if so, where would I find them?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yes. Buy the game on Zoom https://www.zoom-pla...-atomic-edition

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdjhddhh, on 25 October 2021 - 07:00 PM, said:

I recently got the 20th-anniversary edition of Duke 3d to work on EDuke32, and I just recently learned about the aforementioned expansions. Since they don't come with the 20th-anniversary edition, is there any way to play them currently with EDuke32? And if so, where would I find them?

There are updated versions of DC and Caribbean included for free with our Alien Armageddon mod. The gameplay and cosmetics have been changed significantly though.

https://www.moddb.co...lien-armageddon

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's basically abandonware at this point and no one who worked on it makes any money off of it. Don't feel bad for getting it any way you can.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Maybe I will slowly grow some balls and put the addons up on the HRP website. (Unless one of the EDuke32 core team guys would get seriously butthurt if I do so, ofc.)
So far I only have Duke!Zone II there, which is the shittiest of the entire bunch.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 October 2021 - 02:02 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Randy had megaton pulled from steam because his crappy 20th edition wouldn't be able to compete against it for sales.
He implied the addons would be added later so people wouldn't hold any feelings of animosity towards this maneuver.
He lied of course.

gearbox does not own the publishing nor distribution rights to any of the commercial addons.
the original contracts are lost to time

if you can find them, get them. I wouldn't be too concerned about somebody coming after you for acquiring them under non-traditional circumstances.
though do consider the source when it comes to your computer's health

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostNightFright, on 26 October 2021 - 01:53 AM, said:

So far I only have Duke!Zone II there, which is the shittiest of the entire bunch.

Was its production even authorized by 3DR?

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 26 October 2021 - 08:45 AM

• The Truth is in here

Since that release also contained ripped maps from the internet, it's highly doubtful DZ2 had any kind of authorization whatsoever.
(And considering its quality, it kinda shouldn't even have the right to exist...)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 October 2021 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It says authorized right on the box!

I wouldn't recommend uploading warez of any sort on Duke4 servers. While the add-ons are abandonware, it's still technically illegal to distribute them freely.

• The Truth is in here

At least it's sure nobody will ever file a C&D for that DZ2 upload. No sane person would wanna claim ownership of something like that.

User is offline   Master O 

View Postdjhddhh, on 25 October 2021 - 07:00 PM, said:

https://www.zoom-pla...-atomic-edition

https://wiki.eduke32...fficial_Add-ons

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options