Duke4.net Forums: Bug Reports for unreleased EDuke32 builds - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bug Reports for unreleased EDuke32 builds

User is offline   supergoofy 

have you deleted the texures.cache and textures files?
delete also the eduke32.cfg and dp.cfg

Question/Suggestion: if you delete the texture cache files every time before running eduke32, does this fix your problem?

User is offline   mfender 

View Postsupergoofy, on Jul 31 2009, 01:32 PM, said:

have you deleted the texures.cache and textures files?
delete also the eduke32.cfg and dp.cfg

Question/Suggestion: if you delete the texture cache files every time before running eduke32, does this fix your problem?

Yes, I have tried that already. Interestingly, I found that if I disable Polymer the problem dosn't happen.
I'm new to Polymer. are there some other files I need for Polymer, or is it a bug. I'm using the latest HRP,
it's Udate Pack, XXX Pack and the Eduke32 Music Pack.

Thanks

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Polymer doesn't support screen resizing yet, so if you're running the full status bar the center of the screen won't actually be where the crosshair is. Just crank up the screen size to get the minimal HUD and you won't have the problem.

View PostPlagman, on Jul 31 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

Polymer doesn't support screen resizing yet, so if you're running the full status bar the center of the screen won't actually be where the crosshair is. Just crank up the screen size to get the minimal HUD and you won't have the problem.

Thanks Plagman, That did it. I tend to play with Hud as I remember it on my first computer in about 1997. It was a Mac Performa 6400.

Thanks again for great program.

I've narrowed down the sound issues I had earlier also. When the sample rate is set to 48,000 I get a consistant ticking noise. When I lower the sample rate to 44,000, the ticking noise is gone. Maybe my SB Audigy SE doesn't support 48.000.

Update: According to Creatives web site:
Selectable analog sources such as Line In and Microphone In
Playback of 64 audio channels, each at an arbitrary sample rate
24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 96 kHz sample rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96 kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96 kHz
Professional Digital Audio Processing
Supports Sony/Philips Digital InterFace (SPDIF) format of up to 24-bit/96 kHz quality
SPDIF input of up to 24-bit/96 kHz quality
SPDIF output at selectable sampling rate of 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz
I realize much of this is software instead of hardware based.

This post has been edited by mfender: 31 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

using the new Sector over sector in polymer, can result in a split second black flash if you run underneath low ceilings. jump out a window, over a shop counter in room with a low ceiling, etc etc. happens esp when moving at high speed through these areas.

Bug Build 1483:
In E1 L4 The Shrinker activated by opening a hatch after one gets the red key doesn't shrink the player.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Confirmed. It appears that the shrink blob cannot leave the hatch.

User is offline   m210® 

I have a problem with EVENT_KILLIT
If I use spawn command, it works fine, but espawn command is not working i.e. projectile isn't kill after spawn actors and it continue spawning actors indefinitely.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

set RETURN back to 0

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDeeperThought, on Aug 5 2009, 07:36 PM, said:

set RETURN back to 0

Hey, it works! Thanks :blink:

User is offline   Stabs 

ive said something before about this but i have a bit better documentation this time.

[attachment=365:flash.jpg]

when i run over a thin sector that has a step in it like in the picture using the new SOS effect it results in a black flash and pauses the game for a split second. although the error does not seem to occur in 3rd person mode in some places.

also when reaching the top of a sloped sector next to a low ceiling the character in 3rd person mode can be seen hovering mid air crouching. pressing crouch in this mode will place the character in the correct position though with feet touching the ground.

i think this is some kind of height / speed issue as you can stop this occuring by moving slowly through the sector.

EDITED

This post has been edited by DanM: 07 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

Can you post a small test map with the black flashes you mentioned?

User is offline   Stabs 

k ive sent you one plagman, its an old old version of my map, the door on the floor causes the flash, try running over it fast, it will happen, then slow, it wont.. and in 3rd person u wont get a flash, my current map still has a few spots with this flash problem in it, seems to be all related to thin sectors and the new SoS effect.

when the level is bigger and there is more stuff that black stuff is longer more severe

another glitch i noticed was with a SoS room, the lower room had some solid sprites and when standing on them duke went through the ceiling a bit and it made my computer crawl, even the movie i was watching started to go really slow, i could hear my computer literally drawing a ton more power.

going through a simple air vent with a low ceiling and a bit of a drop in it, and my computers load just seems to go through the roof, once my puter just turned off all together.

recently in my console iam getting a tessalation error 100156 aswell, says NO ERROR or [NULL] afterwards.

User is offline   Stabs 

height bug fixed :blink:

the black flash remains (if it hasnt been fixed yet) , could also be related to the fact i have doors near those black flash sectors sometimes on differnt floors but still in the same area.

Did you send me anything? I didn't get a map.

User is offline   Stabs 

i sent one to the email in your profile

if its different PM me ill send ASAP, i also sent off a video of the bug to tx on the eduke32 site email and too you aswell

ill just re-list everything about my error i know so far

* Related to SoS

* Running over Thin Sectors (ie between a door frame)

* First time i run over a problem sector i get a good 2 second pause, if hold down W i will end up in a completley differnt place when it comes good again.

* the next 4 - 5 times are good

* the error occurs again but only very short stutters

* does not happen in 3rd person view

* more than likley to happen and more severe based on players speed

* can crouch and move slowly through the sector without error

* seems happen if doors are in the area (floors below aswell) swing and slide, the only doors i use (in city maps as iam yet to see a doom door in real life in a city)

Theory : eduke renders based on the sector your in? and it dose not have enuff time between one sector and the next, so if a sector is a certain thickness it should be set to be pre-rendered before the level loads?

take that with a grain of salt, i dont know much about programming so i could just be talking shit :blink:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm having occasional sound problems with 1488. The good news: the problem with most of the sound cutting out is gone. The bad news: sometimes after I have been playing for a while, the CON commands stopsound and stopactorsound don't work anymore. Starting a new game doesn't help, but quitting EDuke32 and starting again does (stupidly, I haven't tried restarting the sound system from within EDuke32; I'll try that next time it happens).

EDIT: It happened again, and restarting the sound system did not help.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 13 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm looking into it. The whole layer that interfaces Duke with the audio library seems to need a good kick in the ass and some definite reworking.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

FLAC support?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 14 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

i think the dot key "." (texture align) in mapster is broken, it just dosnt seem to work like it used too

If i retexture i usually have to press / to reset wall data for . to work properly again, regardless if the walls "o" or anything is set.

User is offline   XThX2 

I don't know why, but 1488 has strange bugs with my mod. (Couldn't find anywhere else to post this, sorry if it is inappropriate) When I try to switch a single weapon, it directly becomes knee. Even when I press 2nd weapon key, while I got the pistol, which shouldn't happen.

So, I'm asking this. What has changed in the builds since 1464 that could cause it ? (In case it is from my code, but I don't think it can be, because these work flawlessly with 1464. Anything above refuses to work, and causes that problem.)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 20 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostXThX2, on Aug 20 2009, 05:25 AM, said:

I don't know why, but 1488 has strange bugs with my mod. (Couldn't find anywhere else to post this, sorry if it is inappropriate) When I try to switch a single weapon, it directly becomes knee. Even when I press 2nd weapon key, while I got the pistol, which shouldn't happen.

So, I'm asking this. What has changed in the builds since 1464 that could cause it ? (In case it is from my code, but I don't think it can be, because these work flawlessly with 1464. Anything above refuses to work, and causes that problem.)

Do you have any code in EVENT_SELECTWEAPON?

User is offline   XThX2 

onevent EVENT_SELECTWEAPON
getplayer[THISACTOR].reloading TEMP 
ifvarn TEMP 0 
  setvar RETURN 1 
else 
  setvar RETURN 0
endevent

I have this code atm. I'll try removing it when I can gain access again.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 20 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostXThX2, on Aug 20 2009, 10:31 AM, said:

onevent EVENT_SELECTWEAPON
getplayer[THISACTOR].reloading TEMP 
ifvarn TEMP 0 
  setvar RETURN 1 
else 
  setvar RETURN 0
endevent

I have this code atm. I'll try removing it when I can gain access again.

That event was changed recently so that RETURN is the weapon that is selected. Your code is making it select the boot.

User is offline   XThX2 

Oh, thanks for the help ! I'll fix it/mess with it a little then.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I had an August 7th copy of Eduke32, and it had this weird bug that would crash the game. It had to do with Recon Cars flying sound being played over and over. Replaced it with an August 29th copy, same bug, except it doesn't crash the game.

User is offline   m210® 

I have crash game when I use new NuclearShowdown inventory(BloodTC inventory crash too) with newer eduke32 svn builds(I mean after r1464)
If you try to load nstest.map and pick-up, for example, a toolbox then eduke32 will crash
This crash appears at use EVENT_INVENTORYRIGHT and EVENT_INVENTORYLEFT
onevent EVENT_INVENTORYRIGHT
setvar DISPLAYINVENTORY 1
ifvare DISPLAYINVENTORY 1
{
setplayer[THISACTOR].inven_icon 0

ifvare ICPOSITION 1
		{
		setvar ICPOSITION 2
		}
	else
	ifvare ICPOSITION 2
		{
		setvar ICPOSITION 3
		}
	else 
		ifvare ICPOSITION 3
		{
		setvar ICPOSITION 4
		}
	else 
		ifvare ICPOSITION 4
		{
		setvar ICPOSITION 5
		}
	else 
		setvar ICPOSITION 1
}
endevent

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options