Duke4.net Forums: WG MEGA PACK - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WG MEGA PACK  "33 levels by WIlliam Gee in 1 GRP file."

I have put together 33 of my levels into a GRP file making 5 episodes.

Episode 1 WG THE ABYSS 4 levels (Requires eduke32) SP
Episode 2 WG Space 8 Levels SP DM COOP
Episode 3 WG REALMS 5 levels SP DM COOP
Episode 4 WG City 1 level (Requires eduke32) SP
Episode 5 WG DUKE MATCH 15 Levels DM

Download here https://www.moddb.co...ds/wg-mega-pack

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: megabanner.jpg

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Does this release have the updated AlienX in the WGSpace episode?

View PostNinety-Six, on 27 June 2021 - 06:45 AM, said:

Does this release have the updated AlienX in the WGSpace episode?

Yes the updated AlienX is included.

Here is a shot of the Episodes menu. :D

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

Sweet.

I'm glad WGR1 is still a part of this. We might have Demon Throne now, but those levels are still just as fun with the classic roster.

I played the original WGRealms recently and it was a completely different experience from the demon throne version. + there are alot of differences, I changed lots of things removing and adding stuff when adding them to demon throne. So the original definitely still has its place in a alternate Duke3D reality with more tech stuff and slower gameplay. It was interesting and fun to play tbh, a good experience.

I did change the boss though to the cyclops, and added the episode4 boss to the end of WGCity, so now you get to kill all 4 bosses.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 27 June 2021 - 04:40 PM

View PostWilliam Gee, on 27 June 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

I did change the boss though to the cyclops, and added the episode4 boss to the end of WGCity, so now you get to kill all 4 bosses.

Fair enough.

Incidentally, is there a method to the episode order? Or was it just kinda arbitrary?

Not important; just curious.

After your decent in episode 1 you end inside an alienspacehip, like in E1L5 after that you start the next episode in space, once complete duke goes home to find it is smashed, and then enters wgrealms.
The one strange thing is ending WGRealms in the Egypt realm and then starting in WGCity. :D

User is offline   Merlijn 

Great to see this released in 1 neat package! Did you also do updated on WGspace or kept the maps as they are?

Thanks!
WGSpace is still the same apart from the updated ALIENX.

I could update the episodes in the future, but first I wanted to package them all together. :)

I never expected it but this pack got onto the front banner of MODDB.COM. :blink:

wow.

good job, dude!

User is offline   Maarten 

Congrats!!

Thanks.
After doing some playtesting I found some issues with a couple midis and sounds not working cause the name was too long when I added them to the GRP. I just fixed that and uploaded V1.2.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 29 June 2021 - 01:03 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Just when I wanted to inform you about it. Noticed it when converting the pack to zip format for the EAC. Anyway, great to see some of your best addons compiled in such a neat package! I see some compromises had to be made, such as removing custom weapons from WGR1, but I guess they were optional in the first place and you won't miss them.

Yeah those weapons really didn't suit the package, I did think one day I may add some custom weapons but for now just release the pack. I might even add extra levels and secret levels to the current episodes at some point. And maybe add a final end episode. But not atm. :blink:

I have added WGFANG to the 6th Episode.

https://www.moddb.co...ds/wg-mega-pack

This post has been edited by William Gee: 16 July 2021 - 09:03 PM

Edit: Updated the package with a fixed WGSpace3.map WGMEGAv2.1

This post has been edited by William Gee: 18 July 2021 - 02:26 AM

Took me a while but I finally got around to playing through the entire pack. I was happy to see that most of the levels still held up, especially WGR1 which I was always a fan of. A shame about the missing SFX and weapon sprites, but they were hardly essential. Fighting all the bosses was also a nice change from the originals.

Did encounter a few bugs, though.

Spoiler

User is online   Aleks 

View PostNinety-Six, on 05 January 2022 - 10:09 PM, said:

1. In Astro Core, a lot of the metal scaffolding had collision on the wrong side, so I would go through them and get trapped inside.

I think this isn't a map bug, but a general clipping problem, not sure if from EDuke32 or original Duke. Some of the tiles in the game are labeled as "MaskwallXX", these are mostly metal fences, trusses, scaffolding elements, catwalks etc. that have a significant part of them using the pink transparent color. These tiles have a fixed cstat number giving them a "unique" property of always being blocked, but not hitscan-sensitive (while also overriding any other cstat bits the mapper might add, hence e.g. can't make a proper shadow from them as the transparency bit will also be gone). It seems that in the case of structures with "walls" made with these sprites, despite being completely sealed, Duke can still sneak through from certain angles and get trapped inside them. I've had a few problems like that in Submachine, the solution I used was putting an invisible sprite (or a bunch of invisible sprites) inside the structure, blocking them and giving them larger clipping distance with Alt+D (max value seems to be 128 or 255), so the player technically won't be able to even touch the maskwall sprites.

Thanks for playing through the lot... :o
I will try to fix those sound bugs.

As far as I could tell the cycloid is stayput monster? Unless its getting stuck, I remember trying to fix that but gave up.

View PostWilliam Gee, on 06 January 2022 - 09:59 PM, said:

As far as I could tell the cycloid is stayput monster? Unless its getting stuck, I remember trying to fix that but gave up.

Isn't it something about him only able to walk on floors with a certain lotag, or something like that?

User is online   Aleks 

View PostNinety-Six, on 07 January 2022 - 12:51 AM, said:

Isn't it something about him only able to walk on floors with a certain lotag, or something like that?

Yeah, Cycloid will only walk on sectors with Lotag 3, so you can set up the route/area for him very precisely.

I was completely unaware of that! :D Cool!

UPDATE :V2.2

1) Fixed sound bug in E3 L3 open season.
2) IMPROVED MOVEMENT OF BOSS IN in E3 L5 Temple cress.
3) Added WGSpace3 dedux in E2 L3 ICE MOON.

https://www.moddb.co...ownloads/wgmega

This post has been edited by William Gee: 19 February 2022 - 09:13 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

You legend! :lol:

Thanks!

WGSpace1.map was released in Oct 2002 so this pack is close to 20 years in the making.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 20 February 2022 - 12:35 AM

Something I am working on... The 4th and final episode containing the rest of my levels.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: wgpandora.png
  • Attached Image: duke0007.png

User is offline   jkas789 

I decided to play through the Mega Pack again, thought this time with the voxel pack enabled. Just as a PSA to anyone else trying it out with it as well, while it looks hella good with voxels some switches get spoilered and there is some wacky rotated voxels going on. So maybe you should pass on using voxels on this one. Now I'm gonna try to play it with either Phredreeke's ERP (with voxels disabled) or the Duke Nukem Upscale pack.

Cheers.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by jkas789: 12 April 2022 - 06:42 AM

View Postjkas789, on 12 April 2022 - 06:42 AM, said:

some switches get spoilered

That's the achilles heel to the entire voxel pack, really.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 12 April 2022 - 07:14 AM

UPDATE :V2.5

1) Made red hand switches and EGYPTIAN switches invisible for voxils.
2) Added WGRealms skyboxes from the old WGR HRP pack.

Posted Image

https://www.moddb.co...ds/wg-mega-pack

This post has been edited by William Gee: 12 May 2022 - 11:29 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options