Duke4.net Forums: Play on eDuke32 with a PS4 controller - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Play on eDuke32 with a PS4 controller

User is offline   Youri87 

Hello everyone,
I want to test a lot of Duke Nukem 3D fan levels.
As a PlayStation player (and never on PC), it was frustrating to see all these great levels without being able to play them.
I wanted to test with my PS4 controller: it is well recognized EXCEPT for the x axis of the right joystick.
The latter only works if I set it to straffing, otherwise it doesn't work (I would like it to be used for turning).
Have you ever had this problem?
Thanks

PS: excuse my english, I am french

User is offline   Avenger 

View PostYouri87, on 25 June 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hello everyone,
I want to test a lot of Duke Nukem 3D fan levels.
As a PlayStation player (and never on PC), it was frustrating to see all these great levels without being able to play them.
I wanted to test with my PS4 controller: it is well recognized EXCEPT for the x axis of the right joystick.
The latter only works if I set it to straffing, otherwise it doesn't work (I would like it to be used for turning).
Have you ever had this problem?
Thanks

PS: excuse my english, I am french

Have you tried reversing the aiming axis to see if that helps?

You also have the option to run in DOSBox and configure the controller through the settings executable.

That aside, I've never played with a controller outside of the N64 version in the late 90's but there's a reason console users always bitch about PC users during cross platform play....

If you decide to switch to a mouse, you'll never go back to a controller.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 25 June 2021 - 01:08 PM

View PostAvenger, on 25 June 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Have you tried reversing the aiming axis to see if that helps?

You also have the option to run in DOSBox and configure the controller through the settings executable.

That aside, I've never played with a controller outside of the N64 version in the late 90's but there's a reason console users always bitch about PC users during cross platform play....

If you decide to switch to a mouse, you'll never go back to a controller.

I will look into that, thanks for the leads.
As such, it's not the mouse that bothers me, but the keyboard, I'm always approximate in the way I position myself if my hand moves (I'm 100% a console gamer).

View PostYouri87, on 25 June 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

You may try DS4Windows and see if react better, but i take no responsability, i've installed it years ago on some PC for some friends and it worked fine, if i remember right you can choose to install it as full installation or portable (can't remember if it require another thing to install during the process), then you should be able to customize/remapping controls, sensitivies, light colours and even set PS4 mode or Xbox360 mode, to trick windows and make it work on some games that otherwise won't.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 26 June 2021 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   Avenger 

If we're talking third party programs now you could also try X Mouse Button Control. I've never used it with a controller but at the end of the day all a controller does is remap from a mouse and keyboard and you can literally remap anything with this utility.

Well, I'm a little desperate. I even tried with a PC controller, but still the same problem. Worse, I wanted to test Shark Cove, but launching it causes a bug...
That's why I don't like to play on PC, too many settings to do, while on console you are 100% assisted

Hello everyone
I had given up the idea and in the meantime I was able to get an XBOX ONE.
The controller is directly compatible with PC and, as a console gamer, I was happy to start playing add-ons that I had never played before, like Penthouse Paradise.
Thanks Microsoft

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options