Duke4.net Forums: Command line parameter to load addon without game selection window? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Command line parameter to load addon without game selection window?

User is offline   Avenger 

Hello,

Is there a command line parameter that I can add to a shortcut or batch script to load an expansion/addon for eduke32 without having to manually select the game from the load window?

For example, If I want to load "Nuclear Winter" and use the -g and -x arguments I still have to physically select the game from the load window in order for it to load and I'm looking for a way to bypass that.

Thanks in advance.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

-nosetup skips the launcher window

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

-gamegrp selects a GRP.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

There's also the -addon command if you're using the Megaton GRPs.

0 = Base Duke 3D
1 = DC
2 = Nuclear Winter
3 = Caribbean

There's also the -j/-game_dir command to select a custom folder to load the GRP with.

So for example my Nuclear Winter batch setup looks like this:

eduke32.exe -addon 2 -game_dir NW

Anything you have in the folder will override what's in the GRP if they share the name (so for instance I have a modified duke3d.def that loads in widescreen weapon sprites located in the NW folder).

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 December 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

-nosetup skips the launcher window

View PostHendricks266, on 29 December 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

-gamegrp selects a GRP.

View PostNinety-Six, on 29 December 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

There's also the -addon command if you're using the Megaton GRPs.

0 = Base Duke 3D
1 = DC
2 = Nuclear Winter
3 = Caribbean

There's also the -j/-game_dir command to select a custom folder to load the GRP with.

So for example my Nuclear Winter batch setup looks like this:

eduke32.exe -addon 2 -game_dir NW

Anything you have in the folder will override what's in the GRP if they share the name (so for instance I have a modified duke3d.def that loads in widescreen weapon sprites located in the NW folder).

Thanks guys.

The combination of "-nosetup" plus selecting the directory with the "-j" parameter took care of it.

Now is there a parameter to toggle polymer render off for games like NAM and WWII GI? When left on certain assets in the games fail to load properly. I saw that there are “-nam” and “-wwiigi” which apparently trigger compatibility modes but neither seem to do anything from what I can tell.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

what you could do is add setrendermode 3 to autoexec.cfg, then it should set renderer to polymost each time you launch eduke32.

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 December 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

what you could do is add setrendermode 3 to autoexec.cfg, then it should set renderer to polymost each time you launch eduke32.

Thank you, that solved it.

I'm guessing "setrendermode 4" is polymer then?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options