• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury Voxel Pack

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Posted Image

Hi!

Just like other Build Engine games, Ion Fury needs its own voxel pack. Obviously the game has all items, weapons and a few props voxelized, but why not increase its voxel count as well?

Here's a link to the github repository:

https://github.com/D...Fury-Voxel-Pack

There's no "the first version" yet, but feel free to download what I've got in the repository. In the near future, I am planning to put this voxel pack as a mod on Moddb, after reaching a certain number of voxels (maybe 100).

Screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Super controversial voxel, watch out!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 26 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

Attached Image: download (1).gif

Ok so me being the voxel aficionado that I am, I could not wait till tomorrow to test this bad boy. So after playing with the first part of level 1 this are my initial thoughts:

• The voxels look great as always however there is a performance hit in game. At the very least on my machine (i7 6700 HQ CPU, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960M, with IF installed on SSD running on 1080p at fullscreen) there was stuttering and slowdowns present. This was of course to be expected. This lessened as soon as I lowered the resolution but still it should be noted.
  • Maphacks need to be made obviously. It's gonna take a while though and the effort of the community to figure it out. So far there is not something egregious so for a alpha release it was all right.
  • Gameplay wise, things kinda changed. Specifically relating to the route you have to take to get to the Blade Runner easter egg, jumping on the cables can be harder with voxel mod than without. This is because the voxel cable looks (obviously) way thicker than the sprite, so it can lead to overshooting a jump that you should be able to make. I expect this can also be a minor problem on other areas were this kind of platforming is a thing.
  • There was a error while loading the voxels.def fiel relating to some voxels with the names Ballon, cockroach and eye. I assume however that they were not loaded because they are WIP (lol, silly Ion Fury). Still I attached my fury.log just in case.

Those are the 4 main take aways at this time. I'm gonna try and install eduke32 to play around and see if changing the settings give me a boost in performance, because this one looks to be more demanding than vanilla IF or the other 3 Build games (DN3D, Blood & SW) + voxel patch. Or at the very least with my setup...

Here are some screenies for your viewing pleasure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also you missed the most important thing you could have added to make this alpha release perfect: The Blade Runner easter egg. ;)

At the end of the day, I'm really excited at were this voxel pack is going! Even if I'm gonna have to play IF at 720p :P

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  fury.log (11.52K)
    Number of downloads: 336

This post has been edited by jkas789: 26 December 2020 - 09:33 PM

Interesting, I don't see any performance drop, but in general it's to be expected. Thanks for the log.

The issues you mentioned are fixed. I even fixed offsets for gaming knobs. Anyway, here are clock voxels:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 27 December 2020 - 03:33 AM

very nice

Added "ketchup" voxels

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tested new version of the Voxel pack with the eduke32 executable and IF. Changing the r_glfinish value from 0 to 1 and the r_anisotropy value from 16 to 4 gained me moderate performance boost with the voxel pack. So at least my old reliable is still alive and kicking.

Added 9945 and 9946:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I asked this on Discord, but I'll do it here as well. Can these railings be rendered as voxels? Maybe there's a hack or something?

Posted Image

In this test map, they showes as voxels correctly:

Posted Image

All railings I voxelized so far:

Posted Image

I also voxelized chains:

Posted Image
Posted Image

But sadly, there's the same issue :(

Posted Image

Added 9949 and 9950:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And about the chains, it was my mistake, I didn't save it. It works as intended.

Added 9272 flush:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Added 9972 faucet knob and pipes 6524-6527:

Posted Image

Added plates 6580 and 6581:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posting some shots of the dinner plates in here because I know there is sometimes not that much crossover between the Discord and the forums.

TLDR: They look good IMO. Needs individual tweaking obviously in regards to position them on the map because they clip but otherwise it's great.

Some pictures of the plates in different lighting in E1L1

Attached Image: duke0004.png

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Attached Image: duke0001.png

I don't know if there is anyway to fix that, without messing with the maps :wacko:

Added candles:

Posted Image

Added shears:

Posted Image

Added 8981-8984 street lamp voxel:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Added 8977, 8985, 8986, 8991, 8996

Posted Image
Posted Image

Added 9164:

Posted Image

As a know voxel aficionado, I'm happy you decided to come back to Ion Fury! :D

Added TMNT voxel stuff:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome stuff! Already a pretty solid addition to Ion Fury's voxel prop repertoire. Cool to see some voxels (glass and bottles) actually translucent in Polymost.

View PostDzierzan, on 30 December 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

I asked this on Discord, but I'll do it here as well. Can these railings be rendered as voxels? Maybe there's a hack or something?

Posted Image

This is tile #6532 railing, which is not voxelized yet. It will render as voxels when you make a voxel for it. :P

OK, you solved the mistery. I was 100% sure it was #8653 as it was very similar. Thanks.

Added 6532, 6533, 11168, 11169, 11170 (railings):

Posted Image

Added 7929 and 7930:

Posted Image

Posted Image

HYPE!

Added 11063 (coin slot) and 7934 (stampler)

Posted Image

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDzierzan, on 27 April 2021 - 01:45 AM, said:

Added 11063 (coin slot) and 7934 (stampler)

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options