Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Cosmetic Duke version 1.8 is up! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[RELEASE] Cosmetic Duke version 1.8 is up!

User is offline   SolivaN 

View PostPhredreeke, on 09 August 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

Duke3D.def exist in the root folder of the ERP to ensure it has priority over any other copy of the file. If you rename it as you do in the video it will instead load whatever other copy of the file it finds.
The errors in the video is because you're loading Cosmetic Duke CON files with the ERP's def files. The CON files references tiles which are not defined by the ERP.
In general, mixing mods in EDuke32 is not supported, this is partly why the ERP exists in the first place. You could attempt renaming the Duke3D.def in Cosmetic Duke to something else and then include that in the ERP Duke3D.def. But any such modifications would not be supported by me or December man.

Hi there,

I've followed your suggestion and I've maked the following duke3d.def file (attached)
So, the problem was solved about the weird texture when the enemies are decapitaded. ;)

However, now appears another problem. Here we go: :(
By a strange reason, the game freezes while play some minutes, and then show me the following error:
Posted Image

Here's the LOG (attached)

December Man says in a previous post that the mod work perfectly with eduke32 versión r8942 from May 2020.

View PostDecember Man, on 16 October 2020 - 01:53 AM, said:

I had issues with saving/loading on the newest eDuke32 versions as well. Forgot to mention it in the eDuke32 bug thread. I'm using an older version, r8942 from May 2020, and it works without issues.

I've tested with this versión but occurs the same problem.
Also Datura mentioned that this mod work without issues with the eduke32 version r9768.

View PostDatura, on 14 November 2021 - 12:21 PM, said:

I can indeed confirm that Duke Talk works just fine up to rev 9768 and doesn't anymore in subsequent releases.

I've tested with this versión too, and same problem persist.

Finally, I've tested the latest version r9937 but the problem still persist.

The game feels incredible with the Cosmetic MOD plus your upscaled textures.
I'm not a expert modifing game files, it seems that I'm doing all wrong :(
Maybe a good idea that someone with better knowledge makes a Cosmetic MOD with your upscaled textures + upscaled FMV.
This will be great to see. But I know there's a permission problems, etc.

ahh, anyway: any idea whats happening or what I'm doing wrong? :unsure:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by SolivaN: 15 January 2022 - 01:12 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Even if you get it to work with your edits, you will still have the game switching between upscaled and non-upscaled sprites whenever the mod adds new frames. I have way too many projects going on as it is to upscale other mods.

View PostPhredreeke, on 15 January 2022 - 03:13 PM, said:

Even if you get it to work with your edits, you will still have the game switching between upscaled and non-upscaled sprites whenever the mod adds new frames. I have way too many projects going on as it is to upscale other mods.

I understood man, I don't have intention to be reckless.
I am very grateful with all your work.

And thanks for your quick response.

I'll search another way to make some of this.
Cheers.

This post has been edited by SolivaN: 15 January 2022 - 03:27 PM

Duke talk is fixed as of r9937, use that one.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 15 January 2022 - 04:20 PM

View PostDoom64hunter, on 15 January 2022 - 04:19 PM, said:

Duke talk is fixed as of r9937, use that one.

Ok, thnks!
Cheers.

User is offline   HereticGuy 

Thanks for the great mod December Man! I like to mod my games as "vanilla +" style, and your mod is perfect in that regard.

Is there a way to work this mod with Raze source port? If not, do you plan to update it?

User is offline   dethtoll 

This pack is a great idea and I really appreciate the subtle aesthetic improvements, but would it be possible to get a version without sound changes? Largely because I'm not terribly a fan of how many of these sounds were pulled from other sources.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostHereticGuy, on 02 June 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

[...]
Is there a way to work this mod with Raze source port? If not, do you plan to update it?

If the mod uses any EDuke32-specific code (which Raze does not support at all in general and never will), I am afraid the chances of a conversion for any other port is highly unlikely to happen.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 August 2022 - 09:28 PM

User is offline   HereticGuy 

View PostNightFright, on 22 August 2022 - 09:28 PM, said:

If the mod uses any EDuke32-specific code (which Raze does not support at all in general and never will), I am afraid the chances of a conversion for any other port is highly unlikely to happen.

Thanks for the answer (and your modding contributions to Quake / Doom / Duke3D) NightFright. Do you know any modification that adds shell casings and / or increased blood (like "Nash Gore" for Doom II) for Raze?

This thread can be closed as I'll be uploading 1.9 soon and, therefore, creating a new one.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options