Duke4.net Forums: Weapon requests - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon requests

User is offline   11bush 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 16 August 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

I think am doing something wrong.

If i replace my User.con and Game.con (or just one of them) it give me "Error compiling CON files." when i run eduke32.

Also, the tiles.020 ART is causing (for me) dark screen at the start (after the nuclear logo), a weird background in the title menu, crossair and pistol disappeared, and also; pistol, shotgun and RPG (btw the effect with RPG is pretty funny) spawns SPAS-12 sprites:

Spoiler

Using eduke r9205.

If am correct the content is:

SPAS-12 related: TILES000.ART - tiles020.ART - SPAS12.CON

Tommygun related: TILES009.ART - GAMEVARS.CON - tommy.wav (not sure about the modded GAME.CON and USER.CON even more)

Everything worked prefectly with the BAR.

I figured out the issue, I had it in with another weapon I was making so the code got a bit messed up, I'll just get them all sorted out and put it back out by tonight. Sorry man

User is offline   11bush 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 16 August 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

I think am doing something wrong.

If i replace my User.con and Game.con (or just one of them) it give me "Error compiling CON files." when i run eduke32.

Also, the tiles.020 ART is causing (for me) dark screen at the start (after the nuclear logo), a weird background in the title menu, crossair and pistol disappeared, and also; pistol, shotgun and RPG (btw the effect with RPG is pretty funny) spawns SPAS-12 sprites:

Spoiler

Using eduke r9205.

If am correct the content is:

SPAS-12 related: TILES000.ART - tiles020.ART - SPAS12.CON

Tommygun related: TILES009.ART - GAMEVARS.CON - tommy.wav (not sure about the modded GAME.CON and USER.CON even more)

Everything worked prefectly with the BAR.

OK, I think I have it working now, please let me know if it is good to go, if so I might just do a bit more work and release this as a weapon pack. I threw in an M-16 with an M203 grenade launcher free of charge :)
Just set the alt fire button to your right mouse button and you can shoot the grenades.

Attached File(s)

View Post11bush, on 16 August 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

OK, I think I have it working now, please let me know if it is good to go, if so I might just do a bit more work and release this as a weapon pack. I threw in an M-16 with an M203 grenade launcher free of charge :)
Just set the alt fire button to your right mouse button and you can shoot the grenades.

LOL it works! The M16 is crazy, can launch 3 grenades per second but it make no explosion sounds (at the moment ?).

Also, if the player use the ALT fire with the other weapons it shoots but there is no sounds! Oh well, i don't think anyone will complain about this, expecially because the Devastator can shoot faster than usual with ALT firePosted Image.

Nice work, am also learning new stuff by reading inside these files, so personally i can only say Thank You!

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 16 August 2020 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   11bush 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 16 August 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

LOL it works! The M16 is crazy, can launch 3 grenades per second but it make no explosion sounds (at the moment ?).

Also, if the player use the ALT fire with the other weapons it shoots but there is no sounds! Oh well, i don't think anyone will complain about this, expecially because the Devastator can shoot faster than usual with ALT firePosted Image.

Nice work, am also learning new stuff by reading inside these files, so personally i can only say Thank You!

Haha, Yeah! I figured out how to get the alt fire working on one gun, but for some reason it gives all the weapons an alt fire.
Dang, The m16 works for me, I must have forgotten something maybe... I even added a nice reload animation for the grenade launcher. I will look.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRichardStorm, on 16 August 2020 - 03:10 AM, said:

That's awesome ! And you're right about duke palette, even if it has 64 shades of brown (pun IS intended :))

Use Image Analyzer, seriously. Most modern image editors use lazy or just flat out shitty indexed color algorithms that end up with terrible results.

View PostJimmy, on 16 August 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

Use Image Analyzer, seriously. Most modern image editors use lazy or just flat out shitty indexed color algorithms that end up with terrible results.

Yes, i do

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Jimmy - Thanks for the recommendation of image analyzer.

11bush - I have some model arms from various Duke and Doom projects if you could use them. What soft are you using?

User is offline   11bush 

View PostTea Monster, on 17 August 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

Jimmy - Thanks for the recommendation of image analyzer.

11bush - I have some model arms from various Duke and Doom projects if you could use them. What soft are you using?

I'm using blender and GIMP, I would love to give those arms a try if you have them!

User is offline   11bush 

View PostJimmy, on 16 August 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

I'm gonna give it a try!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've uploaded a set of hands I used in the Doomsday HRP.
I've chucked them into the community stockpile thread.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__347518

User is offline   king karl 

ok here's a tough one. a crimson red sniper rifle that fires many projectiles at once, the projectiles form an "O" in mid air around the target before converging in on it all at once. they leave a red flaming effect behind them so you can watch their progress and see the cool "O" shape mid air

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options