Duke4.net Forums: Weapon requests - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon requests

User is offline   11bush 

I have been trying to make a weapon every couple of days to improve my skills, but I'm running out of ideas on what to make.

If anyone has any ideas for something they might want, just let me know. If you like it then you can have it, if not it's no problem I just want the practice.

Thanks!

User is offline   stumppy84 

Good idea of how to get good at making weapons and then actually getting used in a mod! I would love to see a Browning Automatic Rifle in Duke3D!

DN64 weapons, the ones not included in the PC version :), or the alternate ammo.
Otherwise, there are a lot of choices from other games and no-games: BFG, PSG1, Dragunov, Steyr AUG, USAS-12, M-79, K3G4 (from Syphon Filter game and its piercing effect against bulletrpoof suits, it was not just a description xD), also GTA games, i always liked SPAS-12 (semi-automatic mode).

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 11 August 2020 - 10:38 PM

I think you can either try modern or old weapons, i'm more curious about old weapons like ww2 era because they are similar to what you've worked on for viet stuff... think to M1A1 carbine, M1 Garand etc.. also you can make some artillery like M79 and M72 LAW ... I don't remember / cannot track if you already did them, but anyway you got the point :)

User is offline   11bush 

stumppy84, on 11 August 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Good idea of how to get good at making weapons and then actually getting used in a mod! I would love to see a Browning Automatic Rifle in Duke3D!

Nice!, I'll get started on the BAR today.

User is offline   11bush 

The Battlelord, on 11 August 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

DN64 weapons, the ones not included in the PC version :), or the alternate ammo.
Otherwise, there are a lot of choices from other games and no-games: BFG, PSG1, Dragunov, Steyr AUG, USAS-12, M-79, K3G4 (from Syphon Filter game and its piercing effect against bulletrpoof suits, it was not just a description xD), also GTA games, i always liked SPAS-12 (semi-automatic mode).

I can get working on a SPAS-12 for sure

User is offline   ViDi 

Make a tutorial, at least some basic stuff. :)

ViDi, on 12 August 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

Make a tutorial, at least some basic stuff. :)

Agree!

User is offline   11bush 

stumppy84, on 12 August 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

Agree!

What kind of info are you looking for? How to make the image or just how to get it into the game?

User is offline   11bush 

Here's where I'm at so far with the first frame of the BAR

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: barnewestlighter.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 12 August 2020 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   11bush 

RichardStorm, on 11 August 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

I think you can either try modern or old weapons, i'm more curious about old weapons like ww2 era because they are similar to what you've worked on for viet stuff... think to M1A1 carbine, M1 Garand etc.. also you can make some artillery like M79 and M72 LAW ... I don't remember / cannot track if you already did them, but anyway you got the point :)

Here's what I've got for an M79 and a LAW

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: CAMO.png
  • Attached Image: law.png

Good job they look good!

User is offline   11bush 

I'm done the BAR, it isn't perfect but damn if that wasn't a hard gun to make haha :)

If you want a faster firing rate and a bigger clip just add this to the bottom of your game.com

gamevar WEAPON1_TOTALTIME 4
gamevar WEAPON1_CLIP 25

Attached File(s)

Awesome man!! Good job, what problems did you run into? Also, does it replace the pistol?

User is offline   11bush 

stumppy84, on 13 August 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Awesome man!! Good job, what problems did you run into? Also, does it replace the pistol?

Haha, it's just a weird looking gun, it was hard to find a way to make it that didn't look weird I guess. :)

Yeah, it replaces the pistol, I can make it replace the chaingun if you like, I might go back and try to improve on it a little later as well.

User is offline   11bush 

The Battlelord, on 11 August 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

Here is my progress so far on the SPAS-12 Idle frame, I will still add a bit more detail, but I like it so far. :o

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: spasflat.png

User is offline   11bush 

I'm pretty close, I should have it done by tomorrow.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: spashands.png

What detail, it looks badass already, lol.

I'm surpirsed that the BAR sounds that good by using the pistol sound.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

That looks really good.

Just a suggestion, but depending on what soft you are using, you could use PBR materials and an HDRI to get more realism on your sprite renders.

The original game sprites tend to have more dramatic, directional lighting, with more highlights and shadows.

User is offline   11bush 

Tea Monster, on 15 August 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

That looks really good.

Just a suggestion, but depending on what soft you are using, you could use PBR materials and an HDRI to get more realism on your sprite renders.

The original game sprites tend to have more dramatic, directional lighting, with more highlights and shadows.

You are right. How does this look?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: spasref.png

User is offline   11bush 

OK I have one version nearly complete, I'm still working on getting the semi auto version working. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could improve let me know, I'm trying to improve :)

Damn, i'm drooling man.

The spark during the fire animation could look more solid (IMO).

Duke's shotgun uses totaltime 30, if it lowered to 24 it shot a little bit faster and will complete the "reloading" animation.
For a semi-auto version a totaltime between 16-20 sound good, but the animation looks broken when the number is under 24.

Personally, it looks so nice already, but artists need to take their time, no need to rush :)

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 15 August 2020 - 11:10 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

That looks tons better!

User is offline   11bush 

RichardStorm, on 11 August 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

I think you can either try modern or old weapons, i'm more curious about old weapons like ww2 era because they are similar to what you've worked on for viet stuff... think to M1A1 carbine, M1 Garand etc.. also you can make some artillery like M79 and M72 LAW ... I don't remember / cannot track if you already did them, but anyway you got the point :o

I made a bit of progress on an M1 Garand so far. Anything with wood on it is hard to get looking good on the duke palette :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Use Image Analyzer to convert your images to the Duke palette, or any other palette for that matter. It seriously does it better than any other program. I use PhotoShop for almost everything but still use Image Analyzer to convert the colors, it can't be beat.

This post has been edited by /Defiatron\: 15 August 2020 - 06:35 PM

That's awesome ! And you're right about duke palette, even if it has 64 shades of brown (pun IS intended :))

User is offline   11bush 

RichardStorm, on 16 August 2020 - 03:10 AM, said:

That's awesome ! And you're right about duke palette, even if it has 64 shades of brown (pun IS intended :))

After messing around with wood textures for a bit, I ended up making a tommygun this morning, so I packaged that up with the shotgun here if anyone wants to check it out. Just unzip it in your duke folder. (Backup your stuff, since it has a new game.con and user.con though.)

If anything doesn't work just let me know and I will add any missing files, I have a lot going on in my duke folders :o

Edit: Removed the file until I get it sorted out tonight.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Duke Nukem 3D_ Atomic Edition (WT) - EDuke32 8_16_2020 11_58_20 AM.png
  • Attached Image: Duke Nukem 3D_ Atomic Edition (WT) - EDuke32 8_16_2020 11_58_35 AM (1).png
  • Attached Image: Duke Nukem 3D_ Atomic Edition (WT) - EDuke32 8_16_2020 11_58_35 AM.png
  • Attached Image: Duke Nukem 3D_ Atomic Edition (WT) - EDuke32 8_16_2020 11_58_42 AM.png

This post has been edited by 11bush: 16 August 2020 - 01:34 PM

I think with all this weaponry being made someone should pick up the Duke Begins mod.

I think am doing something wrong.

If i replace my User.con and Game.con (or just one of them) it give me "Error compiling CON files." when i run eduke32.

Also, the tiles.020 ART is causing (for me) dark screen at the start (after the nuclear logo), a weird background in the title menu, crossair and pistol disappeared, and also; pistol, shotgun and RPG (btw the effect with RPG is pretty funny) spawns SPAS-12 sprites:

Spoiler

Using eduke r9205.

If am correct the content is:

SPAS-12 related: TILES000.ART - tiles020.ART - SPAS12.CON

Tommygun related: TILES009.ART - GAMEVARS.CON - tommy.wav (not sure about the modded GAME.CON and USER.CON even more)

Everything worked prefectly with the BAR.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 16 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

User is offline   11bush 

The Battlelord, on 16 August 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

I think am doing something wrong.

If i replace my User.con and Game.con (or just one of them) it give me "Error compiling CON files." when i run eduke32.

Also, the tiles.020 ART is causing (for me) dark screen at the start (after the nuclear logo), a weird background in the title menu, crossair and pistol disappeared, and also; pistol, shotgun and RPG (btw the effect with RPG is pretty funny) spawns SPAS-12 sprites:

Spoiler

Using eduke r9205.

If am correct the content is:

SPAS-12 related: TILES000.ART - tiles020.ART - SPAS12.CON

Tommygun related: TILES009.ART - GAMEVARS.CON - tommy.wav (not sure about the modded GAME.CON and USER.CON even more)

Everything worked prefectly with the BAR.

Hahaha, geez, I'll get it sorted out right away :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options