Duke4.net Forums: The Duppet Show - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duppet Show  "Jon St John perpetuate Duke's legacy"

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Except Islam. And mostly just Christianity, because other religions are cool and diverse. Buddhism actually has some great teachings, and Jainism is the most peaceful religion of all. You should see all the cool mudhuts they built. Christianity probably wasn't all that important to Western development. Why do Christians go to other countries and spread Christian values? We should be more accepting of religions that don't accept anyone.

This post has been edited by R A D A Я: 11 August 2020 - 05:30 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

View PostBubble Gum Chewer, on 10 August 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

Random thought: I hope Pitchfork won't find a way to sue his ass for doing these.

Not a chance, Randy Pitchford is great fan of the work of JSJ, he already gave him his blessing and he also retweet any of these videos on his own wall !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 August 2020 - 06:53 AM

https://www.facebook...047186632365460

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sikhs are really cool and due to their persecution they tend to be patriots of whatever country they live in. They carry a weapon as part of their religion too, which I can get along with.

Posted Image

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View Postgemeaux333, on 11 August 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

Not a chance, Randy Pitchford is great fan of the work of JSJ, he already gave him his blessing and he also retweet any of these videos on his own wall !

Didn't knew that actually. Then again to be honest, I do not have good opinion about Randy and as time has shown, Duke related things tends to lead to shit shows or lawsuits.

This post has been edited by Bubble Gum Chewer: 12 August 2020 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

The only way I can see Gearbox suing this to oblivion is if a miracle happens and this get popular enough that John tries to monetize it.

If that were to happen then I can guarantee Randy would be on his ass faster than lighting.

I rather think Randy would allow Jon St John to create his own studio, so JSJ could easily work on a new Duke game because Randy seems to trust him enough for that

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 13 August 2020 - 07:34 AM

https://www.facebook...304590910974545

User is offline   Hank 

View Postgemeaux333, on 13 August 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

I rather think Randy would allow Jon St John to create his own studio, so JSJ could easily work on a new Duke game because Randy seems to trust him enough for that

Duke Nukem is very much dead. Gearbox destroyed it (or him) with their unfinished 20th Anniversary World Tour. (Some maps I actually love, but maps ain't no not a full game)

Can a Duppet (search DuckDuckGo for what I mean by Duppet) voice actor make a game? Who knows? Has JSJ made any games? I know of none.

The only one's I would trust to get Duke back are actual fans.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

It wasn't Gearbox or 3DR. Duke Nukem was destroyed by the Mind Virus that is Feminism.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postgemeaux333, on 13 August 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

What the fuck.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This was funnier than any of the puppet stuff so far.

https://twitter.com/...121236231008256

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

So is this one.

https://www.reddit.c...e_spitting_fax/

Duke Nukem is not dead, and there is nothing wrong with 20th Anniversary excepted its new ennemies... at least the Switch version is a fully polished version of it and have already had more success that the Steam version

And yes, as head of project, JSJ could very well make a good Duke Nukem game... and whats the deal with Tryptich games, are they still existing ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 14 August 2020 - 07:28 AM

https://www.facebook...329930687057166

View Postgemeaux333, on 14 August 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

Duke Nukem is not dead, and there is nothing wrong with 20th Anniversary excepted its new ennemies... at least the Switch version is a fully polished version of it and have already had more success that the Steam version

And yes, as head of project, JSJ could very well make a good Duke Nukem game... and whats the deal with Tryptich games, are they still existing ?

I have to say, I admire your dedication to the frachise and your endless optimism. Still as far as we know the Duke Nukem franchise is effectively on ice, specially in the US's current sociopolitical climate. And frankly, at this point I don't think John even knows how or has the inclination to save the franchise. I think he is milking his role for all it is worth though (remember the yacht ride?).

Regarding the switch port I fully agree, its excellent.

User is offline   Hank 

Point taken. I will not buy the Switch version, so you win this point. :)

I’m a predominantly PC player (yes, spoiled prat here with the latest rigs). A few years ago, Randy mentioned in an interview that Gearbox will not improve (aka fix) the Steam PC version, because there is no profit. Fine, you got my cash for nothing, you are welcome, it’s only money and I hope you choke on it.

BUT this basically disconnected all old TCs and Modifications (mods) for simple play with this World Tour. Will Star Ship Trooper or Platoon play with Switch? No clue. If it does, I’m wrong. If it does not, well, Duke Nukem, and that massive fan base (over a hundred TCs and mods) is dead, or better said killed by Gearbox.

As for JSJ, no comment. Never met the guy in person, there too, I respect you positive attitude.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

EDuke32 still works with the World Tour GRP file.

The console version would never have TC support anyway. What Bethesda did with Doom 1&2 is more an anomaly.

• The Sarien Encounter

Tryptich Games is no more.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Triptych is just the name for the people who were dumb enough to work on DNF for free.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I was wondering, suppose someone makes a mod or for simplicity's sake a usermap for Duke3D and wants to use any of the lines from JSJ's Duppet show, how would that play out? Just approach him and ask for permission? Purely theoretical question here.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Duke Nukem is not dead

Posted Image

There's plenty of Dukes to go around and every Duke have his day, with the multiverse there is a strong probability that at least one from another dimension will meets us anytime (modified reference from : "The Bureau of Magical Things" - Jonathan M. Shiff)

Well Mrflibble, if you want to, you will first have to download the videos and rip the sounds from them, then cut the interesting parts and convert them to the fitting format to be used in the DN3D version you want (voc for most, ogg for world tour) the last parts can be done with "Audacity"

When it comes to World Tour and the possibility of adding the Sunstorm expansions, I had the occasion to bring up on a tweeter post of Civvie the fact that the head publishing of Gearbox is heavily relunctant in publishing Duke DC considered racist and Carribean Duke considered sexist, and someone made up an excellent point : "No need to burry history"
Posted Image

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 17 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

https://www.facebook...360063362060990

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgemeaux333, on 17 August 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

When it comes to World Tour and the possibility of adding the Sunstorm expansions, I had the occasion to bring up on a tweeter post of Civvie the fact that the head publishing of Gearbox is heavily relunctant in publishing Duke DC considered racist and Carribean Duke considered sexist, and someone made up an excellent point : "No need to burry history"

Do you have a citation for what the specifics of their issues with the expansions are? I only recall a stream where Randy said Steve Gibson was uncomfortable with "racist" and "sexist" content in them without any specifics about which title(s) and what content.

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

When it comes to World Tour and the possibility of adding the Sunstorm expansions, I had the occasion to bring up on a tweeter post of Civvie the fact that the head publishing of Gearbox is heavily relunctant in publishing Duke DC considered racist and Carribean Duke considered sexist, [...]"

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Bubble Gum Chewer: 17 August 2020 - 11:26 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Racist and sexist? What? I can't think of a single thing in those expansions.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I jokingly said on the Discord that the hula girl in Life's a Beach was cultural appropriation.

There's plenty of Dukes to go around and every Duke have his day, with the multiverse there is a strong probability that at least one from another dimension will meets us anytime (modified reference from : "The Bureau of Magical Things" - Jonathan M. Shiff)

Are we all going to ignore that?

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Well Mrflibble, if you want to, you will first have to download the videos and rip the sounds from them, then cut the interesting parts and convert them to the fitting format to be used in the DN3D version you want (voc for most, ogg for world tour) the last parts can be done with "Audacity"

I think you missed the point of my question.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options