• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Come Get Some Mod for Half-life 2

User is offline   N64 

Make the gloves like this picture
Posted Image

User is offline   Timian 

thats what Im working on, but I need some hand models, if someone can port the cs:s hands in hl2, that would be perfect, then I would skin them to be like those.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostAltered Reality, on Jun 25 2009, 08:13 AM, said:

No.

That'll make nostalgics happy, so they'll STFU and stop going "OMG DOOK NOOKAM FOREVAR SUXX0RZ BECOZ TEH GRAPHICKS AER PHOTOREALISTICK!!11 DEUK3D ROOLZ BECOZ IT LOOKZ CARTEWNISH!!11 GRAFIKS = TEH EVUL!!1 I WANTS A GAEM WIHTOUT GRAHPICKXS!11!ONEONEONEELEVENTEEN"

What the fuck are you talking about? Most of the "nostalgics" you mention hate the HRP because it looks cartoony and therefor it sucks because the original game was REALISTIC for it's time. What are you blathering about?

Also, if you're modding Half Life 2, and you can't even move a model from a game running the same engine to your mod, I'd just give up.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 25 2009, 08:36 PM, said:

Also, if you're modding Half Life 2, and you can't even move a model from a game running the same engine to your mod, I'd just give up.

LOL - Personally I'd look up information on how to do it and learn from that.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 25 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

User is offline   nicenator 

Im gonna hyperlink it so i dont have to type it in in the address bar Here

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Scale is miles of.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Well, it looks like I'm going to be the voice of Duke! ;) I can't wait to get started! This is going to be fun! ;)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fSd5zklK0aY

;)

Congrats, although won't this imply that this is a Duke Nukem mod after all (ie it may get stopped)?

User is offline   Timian 

View PostSinisterambo, on Jul 3 2009, 10:03 AM, said:

Congrats, although won't this imply that this is a Duke Nukem mod after all (ie it may get stopped)?

The video is a joke if you haven't figured. The whole thing is made for a laugh. The game - once again, is nothing to do with duke, but is aimed at duke fans ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This is so fail.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jul 2 2009, 01:34 AM, said:

Well, it looks like I'm going to be the voice of Duke! ;) I can't wait to get started! This is going to be fun! ;)

You DO mean the voice of a character that is completely unrelated to Duke, yet might somehow "coincidentally" remind people of him?? ;)

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jul 4 2009, 12:46 AM, said:

You DO mean the voice of a character that is completely unrelated to Duke, yet might somehow "coincidentally" remind people of him?? ;)

Right! ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

This mod is pathetic ;)

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postzchri9, on Jul 3 2009, 11:56 PM, said:

This mod is pathetic ;)

I don't think it is.....I'm anticipating it!

And just the mere fact that it actually stands a chance in hell of being released automatically gives it a 1-up on DNF!! ;)

User is offline   leilei 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jul 4 2009, 04:31 AM, said:

This is so fail.

View Postzchri9, on Jul 4 2009, 03:56 PM, said:

This mod is pathetic ;)

Not as fail/pathetic as being completely unconstructive!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View Postleilei, on Jul 4 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

But the mod does look like week old dog shit that has set hard in the sun. ;) ;)
Sure, It'll probably be released along time before Duke Nukem Forever is but that doesnt mean it's going to be good.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postleilei, on Jul 4 2009, 05:36 AM, said:

The most constructive thing I can offer is that this guy either gives up or actually learns to use Source. His logo has basic photoshop filters.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Then there is the issue of Cease and Desist.

View Postzchri9, on Jul 4 2009, 08:16 AM, said:

But the mod does look like week old dog shit that has set hard in the sun. ;) ;)
Sure, It'll probably be released along time before Duke Nukem Forever is but that doesnt mean it's going to be good.

Don't worry, it will be good. It might not be that good now, but as soon as those first person hand models are replaced and a few other things are changed, you'll love it! Didn't you see that Cycloid Emperor (or should I say creature which resembled the Cycloid Emperor) in the video? That looked excellent in my opinion!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jul 4 2009, 09:33 PM, said:

Don't worry, it will be good. It might not be that good now, but as soon as those first person hand models are replaced and a few other things are changed, you'll love it! Didn't you see that Cycloid Emperor (or should I say creature which resembled the Cycloid Emperor) in the video? That looked excellent in my opinion!

Sorry to sound mean here but, you're thick. The Cycloid and the worm thing were ripped from James Houskas demo reel.
and as far as I know the video was meant to be a joke.

This post has been edited by zchri9: 05 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

View PostTimian, on Jul 3 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

The video is a joke if you haven't figured. The whole thing is made for a laugh. The game - once again, is nothing to do with duke, but is aimed at duke fans ;)

I hadn't/haven't watched the video, I thought he meant that he had been picked by the guy doing the mod (OP) to voice the mod. NukemDave has a decent Duke voice (I think it was him I heard on a youtube vid a few months ago).

I should have known something was a miss when I saw who posted it.

Although I am beginning to think DaveNukem is cool, in a 'that's such a fail, its leet' sort of way.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 05 July 2009 - 12:58 AM

View Postzchri9, on Jul 5 2009, 04:18 AM, said:

Sorry to sound mean here but, you're thick. The Cycloid and the worm thing were ripped from James Houskas demo reel.
and as far as I know the video was meant to be a joke.

LOL! Dang, you're good! ;) I was testing your DNF IQ. Well, the mod looks ok so far. Just give it time. One thing you definitely won't be disappointed in is the character's voice. Here's a sample to check out! ;)

[attachment=195:Looky_Here.mp3]

User is offline   Piano Man 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jul 5 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

LOL! Dang, you're good! ;) I was testing your DNF IQ. Well, the mod looks ok so far. Just give it time. One thing you definitely won't be disappointed in is the character's voice. Here's a sample to check out! ;)

Attachment Looky_Here.mp3

I'm already disappointed in it... It ain't John St John - in fact I'm pretty sure it's some guy named Chris... who might sound partially like Duke, but not even close to a proper clone of Duke.

Hey that actually sounds pretty good NUKEMDAVE ;) (nevermind Piano Man, his opinions are usually irrelevant)

User is offline   Piano Man 

View PostSangman, on Jul 5 2009, 06:13 PM, said:

Hey that actually sounds pretty good NUKEMDAVE ;) (nevermind Piano Man, his opinions are usually irrelevant)

Fuck off mate... considering that a mod is being done based on Duke Nukem and the guy doesn't sound half like Duke - it is fucking relevant... and considering there was a thread on trying to get the Chris guy to do the Duke phrases and most people claimed they wouldn't download it because it just wasn't the same... I think you need to think before you type...

So piss off you cunt.

Posted Image

Very sorry, your opinion is still not important.

For the record: Author has stated several times by now that this mod has nothing to do with Duke, indeed all it seems to have in common with Duke are some themes. 3D Realms does not own a monopoly on adult book stores and titty bars. Because it has nothing (or okay: very little) to do with Duke, it's also not important for the protagonist of the mod to sound like Duke (though I think he does and it's quite awesome).

I think some of you guys just really WANT to hate this mod, being biased trolls that you are.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 05 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Not I, this mod just sucks. Piano Man is just a troll and he'll probably get banned.

• "Dick Nasty"

Okay, if you listen to this and seriously try to claim that it doesn't sound basically identical to John St. John then you're, well, absolutely insane.

Oh I wouldn't say it sounds "basically identical" to the original voice but it IS quite close.. "Not half like Duke" is an obvious bullshit statement though.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options