Duke4.net Forums: RIP Windows 7 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RIP Windows 7

Today. Microsoft is officially terminating support for Windows 7. Let's all take a moment of silence in remembrance.

RIP Windows 7. You were great.

Got any memories of Windows 7? Did you miss Aero theme? I do too.

User is online   Mark 

Like all previous OS upgrades I will be dragged kicking and screaming to the new OS only when websites, browsers and games won't work. IIRC I made the jump from Vista to 7 in 2015 or 2016. So I'm not due for a Win10 upgrade for at least another year if things stay running well.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMark, on 14 January 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

Like all previous OS upgrades I will be dragged kicking and screaming to the new OS only when websites, browsers and games won't work. IIRC I made the jump from Vista to 7 in 2015 or 2016. So I'm not due for a Win10 upgrade for at least another year if things stay running well.

I really hope this goes a bit further than just a year because of how much of a travesty 10 is.

The only thing i like of Win10 is the dark theme, i've customized Win7 so well, like adding things as custom files arrangement, increased BagMRU etc... that i won't switch and start everything over again.

View PostNinety-Six, on 14 January 2020 - 08:15 AM, said:

I really hope this goes a bit further than just a year because of how much of a travesty 10 is.

Yeah, i'm currently using 8.1, but planning to switch to Linux. I'm not touching 10.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 14 January 2020 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

My old and trusted laptop is on Linux and the rest are on Win 10.
Win 7 did not come with all those useless 'apps'. Camera is a good example.

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options