Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 327 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is online   jimbob 

View PostMC84, on 22 April 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

What exactly do you mean digitized an actor? Like rotoscoping from live action footage?

even more archaic, i simply used a tripod, dslr and had the guy strike poses for all positions and animations. a 3d setup would have made things much easier but is way out of my budget.
so i spent the better part of a full weekend going frame by frame making the backgound transparent, importing everything and calculating the prefered size for the in game sprite, they are roughly 100 * 310

did the same for the weapon sprites, fps weapons except for the flamethrower and grenades because it is unfortunatly illegal to have those here, but some photoshop magic and 3d models that where rendered thanks to Nfsfan83 made them available.

most of the work is done for episode 1, just ironing out bugs, adding some audio, one liners, mission speech and audio finetuning, making music and adding things i come up with and its done, then for episode 2 i'd like to expand the team to ease the workload for myself, and because i want to do some things that are way out of my league in terms of coding. maybe get a small budget, get more uniforms and make more variations in both allies and axis.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That method is very hard to replicate, even if you got another person to pose for you it would be hard to keep the lighting and everything consistent so the characters matched.

User is offline   Merlijn 

Working on another room for SG4. But this time it's a pretty big one ;)
Attached Image: duke0167.png

This post has been edited by Merlijn: Yesterday, 10:40 AM

User is online   Sangman 

AMC TC EP4 work (of course)

https://i.imgur.com/sejImat.png

User is online   ck3D 

View PostMerlijn, on 05 May 2021 - 10:38 AM, said:

Working on another room for SG4. But this time it's a pretty big one ;)
duke0167.png

Wow, great use of space and textures! Can't wait, good luck!

Share this topic:

• 327 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options