Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Sanek 

Goddamnit, seems like my project is closed again. :P
The only good thing about it is that it's not completely my fault. It's because of Eddy, who suddenly stopped all communcations with me and don't even read my messages! I can't see any reason for this, but I guess he just don't interested in working on anyting right now. Perhaps It's my fault after all - when you want to create a TC and need a lot of new code, it would be way too risky to make the whole project depend on somebody else. I don't want to blame Eddy, he have other interests right now. It's just so frustrating to have yet another project being closed. ;)

User is offline   Mark 

Welcome to the club. The same thing has happened to many projects over the years. It sucks.

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

yeah, i ain't dead. Got a new job that I'll be relocating for in the next few days, the weeks leading up to this have been kind of a whirlwind and I've just randomly worked on my little DN3D hobby horses here and there throughout it. I hadn't touched this thing here in awhile because I'd noticed some coincidental (but still upsetting) similarities between what I was planning for it and what was already done in one of Supertanker's maps and it sorta took the wind out of my sails, but the more I've played around with it, the better I've started to feel about the direction it's going in.

CruX, on 23 June 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

yeah, i ain't dead. Got a new job that I'll be relocating for in the next few days, the weeks leading up to this have been kind of a whirlwind and I've just randomly worked on my little DN3D hobby horses here and there throughout it. I hadn't touched this thing here in awhile because I'd noticed some coincidental (but still upsetting) similarities between what I was planning for it and what was already done in one of Supertanker's maps and it sorta took the wind out of my sails, but the more I've played around with it, the better I've started to feel about the direction it's going in.

CruX, that looks amazing! I'm digging your aesthetic. Don't worry a thing about any similarities; it happens all the time and this is a chance for you to improve on and make cooler things out of anything I might've made (which I would argue aren't that cool in the first place). I can't wait to see where this map goes.

'Grats on the new job too!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is the last enemy model for the HHR project.
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's happening.

User is offline   jet_nick 

As we say in Naples "ASSAFA".
Nice NEWS

User is offline   LkMax 

Hendricks266, on 27 June 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

It's happening.

Is it? I wanna believe. :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What? What's happening? What am I missing?

User is offline   The Nate 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 June 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

What? What's happening? What am I missing?

He said the same thing about one of the synthesis builds when it switched to C++11 or something like that. Or maybe he's referring to Fox continuing the Total Meltdown EDuke32 conversion.

User is offline   stumppy84 

What's the HHR project?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I assume it's Hollywood Holocaust Redux or something along those lines. Seeing how far they can take HH to looking like a level from a modern game IIRC. Although the scope would have been cut back considering PolymerNG was put on the back burner, and this project was originally in collaboration with PolymerNG.

User is offline   LkMax 

I thought he was talking about Plug and Pray since he posted just this text right after Fox's screenshot.

User is offline   Mark 

MickyC was answering the post just before his. Stumpy asked what is HHR. Clean your glasses. :P

User is offline   Fox 

View PostLkMax, on 29 June 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

I thought he was talking about Plug and Pray since he posted just this text right after Fox's screenshot.

Yeah, Hendricks is helping me.

Posted Image

User is offline   FezGuy 

Does anybody ever think another build game would sell now? I feel like back in the day Build games were really about gameplay and artwork rather than realism. If I saw a game on Steam or something that was a professional Build engine game and it was creative and fun I would most likely buy it and play it. Especially if it had big levels and episodes.

User is offline   Fox 

Is this professional enough for you?

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You mean the Bombshell Prequel being developed by VoidPoint?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 29 June 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Yeah, Hendricks is helping me.

Posted Image

Pictured: Blend tables for maskwalls. TM uses 50% alpha translucency and 100% additive translucency instead of 33% and 66% alpha.

View PostFezGuy, on 29 June 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Does anybody ever think another build game would sell now? I feel like back in the day Build games were really about gameplay and artwork rather than realism. If I saw a game on Steam or something that was a professional Build engine game and it was creative and fun I would most likely buy it and play it. Especially if it had big levels and episodes.

We're banking on it.

Posted Image

User is offline   Minigunner 

In response to the renders of the Duke3D midis for WT (that I kinda didn't like tbh), I'm working on my own renders using Sound Canvas VA (with edits to ensure the best sound I can get out of them):
Grabbag
Stalker
Gotham

There'll be more to come of course.

EDIT: Lee confirmed the WT renditions are pretty much as intended. I can accept that, the only difference is that these are more a personal project making the best of the MIDIs I feel can be done, as opposed to rendering it as-is to make it sound official.

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 30 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I assume you're not talking about Lee Jackson's new recordings?

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHendricks266, on 29 June 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

We're banking on it.

Posted Image

That looks absolutely amazing! :P

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Between Total Meltdown and Bombshell this thread got me like

Posted Image

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 June 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I assume you're not talking about Lee Jackson's new recordings?

For the original 4 episodes, yes. The 5th episode's music is good, just the prior episodes could've used either SC-55 instruments (for Prince's tracks) or SC-88 instruments (for Jackson's tracks). The device used in WT was a later model than the two, which means some differences than the originally intended sound.
My renders, though also different, use either soundbank (depending on composer of course) with volume adjustments to sound closer to how they play in Microsoft GS.

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 30 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd say whatever instruments Lee chose for WT are "what he intended". For Bobby's tracks, well that's different I guess, but he did say he tried to do them justice.

Also, don't trust volumes in Microsoft GS. They can be whacky. I suggest using my music pack files as a reference as they're from an actual SC-55.

Fair enough. I was using Microsoft GS as a reference as that's one of the more common ways to listen to midi. Not to mention that several MIDIs have duplicate tracks with a different instrument on the same channel, I assume to sound better on OPL or something. Either way, one track works on some synths, the other on others. Microsoft GS prioritizes the opposite of what the SC-55 does. Even then, I'm also referencing your SC-55 pack as well as the WT pack (in all fairness, it is really good, just a couple instruments I don't like) to ensure I'm not messing anything up.
And yeah, if Lee found any issues with the way his renders went, he'd do something about them. I probably just have an entirely different view on how they play.

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 30 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, I took into account the multiple channels of the same instruments for different devices and rerecorded many of the tracks multiple times, muting the incorrect channels that aren't supposed to playback on the SC-55), before I got it right. At any rate, my SC-55 pack should be exactly the way it was meant to be heard if you owned an SC-55 in 1996 (which was the best device anyone could listen to it in). After all, that is the entire point of my website.

Just stay far away from Microsoft Wavetable GS.

User is offline   eGraphics 

I'm learning how to TROR up my map. As least that's what I hope I've been learning. Here's some photos of the map I'm trying to TROR up. As you can see I'm standing on the roof and under it.

PS : Thank you to all the people who've helped me.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I take it you're using polymer. How's the framerate?

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options