Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Loke 

View PostBloodclaw, on 30 June 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

You can actually get the chaingun, RPG and pipebombs in secret places in the Shop'n'bag even without the red keycard and the shotgun is not that far from there either, but yeah on the first playthrough you're not supposed to know this.

I did actually find the RPG and the pipebombs which helped a bit against the fatties. I still missed 18 secrets (some of them appear quite tricky to get to which I appreciate as it adds replay value).

View PostFox, on 07 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Four days of work.

Posted Image

Amazing fox sorry lol i am way back in this fourm!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostBloodclaw, on 30 June 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Been working on a city map for over a year (with a few months long pauses from time to time). Can't really say I'm still working on it, I don't have much skill at properly placing enemies and goodies.
I think I've improved a lot over years though compared to my other release. The exterior part still lacks some shadows and details but I find some of the interiors I've done to be decent enough.

Download link if you want to give it a try :
http://duke3d.h38.or...5c10_r00036.zip

If you're not going to work on it any more, don't just leave it in the post thread as it'll quickly be buried. There's a thread for this sort of thing where this would fit quite nicely: http://forums.duke4....content-thread/

The screenshots do look very nice though so I hope you decide to keep working on it.

User is offline   Bloodclaw 

View PostMicky C, on 30 June 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

If you're not going to work on it any more, don't just leave it in the post thread as it'll quickly be buried. There's a thread for this sort of thing where this would fit quite nicely: http://forums.duke4....content-thread/

The screenshots do look very nice though so I hope you decide to keep working on it.

Thanks. I was looking for this thread actually but since I was pretty sure it was stickied I just assumed it was on another site and did not bother with the search function.
Not sure I will keep working on it though, unless I improve on the enemies and weapons placement and decide to go back to it later.

• Honored Donor

Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my university.

Posted Image

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMicky C, on 01 July 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

shooting up my university.

Welcome to NSA surveillance, comrade!

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostTerminX, on 01 July 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

Welcome to NSA surveillance, comrade!

I'm starting to get concerned that he is planning something...

• Honored Donor

You americans can keep your gun massacres. In Australia we have some pretty successful gun laws, and people don't worry about that kind of thing.

My second Duke map was based on my high school library, and the teachers didn't seem to care despite it being one of the more prominent schools of the state. Although I'll admit I am keeping this map a bit more hush from the staff since the University is considerably bigger in case they do decide to ask me to stop. That'd be more of a public image thing rather than fear of any real gun threat. They probably wouldn't care too much in the end though.

User is offline   Jblade 

heh, we could do with the notoriety publicity if they did find out about it :)

User is offline   Spiker 

Nice choice of texutures. I always had a problem with that especially when it came to floors and ceilings. It's hard to make every area in DN3D look good with the current tile set without too much copy/pasta effect. Sorry to hear about your peersPosted Image

• Honored Donor

View PostSpiker, on 01 July 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

Nice choice of texutures. I always had a problem with that especially when it came to floors and ceilings. It's hard to make every area in DN3D look good with the current tile set without too much copy/pasta effect. Sorry to hear about your peersPosted Image

It's pretty easy when you get to choose from around 19000 tiles Posted Image

View PostJblade, on 01 July 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

heh, we could do with the notoriety publicity if they did find out about it :)

Once it's finished so they can't ask me to stop, and once I'm safely out of there with my diploma in my hands, I'll send it to all the news stations. Ask for $500 for an exclusive interview Posted Image
Theoretically, if the overreaction of the university and/or general media is big enough, it might get a quick mention on international news. Afterall, I'm pretty sure a recreation of this scale and relative accuracy in a violent shooting game (that's 20 years old anyway) would be unprecedented for a university/college, at least in recent years and in Australia.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 01 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMicky C, on 01 July 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my university.

I don't seem to recognize that floor texture though?

User is offline   Jblade 

it's from the AMC TC (the map is ostensibly taking place during the same timeframe as the Australian invasion from Duke Nukem Advance) :)

You mean "BCBP" or simply called "The Beach" ?

User is offline   Jblade 

No, nothing to do with that - that map's location was never specificed IIRC but Micky retconned it to take place in Australia. Don't concern yourself too much with where and when the edf missions take place.

User is offline   Mark 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :) Sorry, thats what popped into my head when I read your post.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 01 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostDISRUPTOR, on 08 February 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Duke nukem III : Atomic reload

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How is this coming along ?

User is offline   Gambini 

Reminds me of The Darkness II with those pencil-like outlines!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's an interesting art style.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

This post has been edited by Artem Nevinchany: 07 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

User is offline   Mark 

BOOYA. Take that you old washed out 8bit map. There's a new dog on the block.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I don't believe that was EDuke, the pipes weren't painted on the wall! :)

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Honestly, the part on 0:31 does look like a mediocre EDuke 32 usermap. Simply add polymer lights and it will look much, much better

Hi guys this thread looks a little dead so here is a little thing i am working on its in beta so dont make fun! http://www.mediafire...jtckvv/test.png

This post has been edited by duke a number1: 11 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on 2 levels at once of Treq.

Also added that when we go underwater it becomes little blue.
Example

http://www.mediafire...a/frame%201.png ok guys decided to put 2 heads hehe

User is offline   Gambini 

View Postduke a number1, on 10 July 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

Hi guys this thread looks a little dead so here is a little thing i am working on its in beta so dont make fun! http://www.mediafire...jtckvv/test.png

Add two smaller heads attached at each side of to these two ear-heads. It would be kind of an hipnotic and senses augmented liztroop, i like it.

View PostGambini, on 17 July 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Add two smaller heads attached at each side of to these two ear-heads. It would be kind of an hipnotic and senses augmented liztroop, i like it.

Thanks for the reply i decided to go with 2 heads! witch i posted yesterday if you would like to look at it. :)
Also wanted to leave the laser gun and just add one mini laser gun ;D

This post has been edited by duke a number1: 18 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Did lots of coding for probably one of the coolest effect for the security room door to the Core of Trequonia.

Also did minor alteration on 8bit color based switch making them "slightly" better.
Posted Image

User is offline   halfzero 

Just released my first mod [link removed by moderator]
It's a combination of features and maps from Duke Xtreme and Duke Atomic. Plus some nude art and minor tweaks.
WEAPONS Knife (Replace Kick) Silenced Uzi (Replaces Pistol) Expander Roman Candle (Hold Action whilst firing RPG) Xtreme Devastator (Hold Action whilst firing Devastator) Statue Maker (Hold Action whilst firing Freezethrower)
ENEMIES Gorilla, Cobra, Pig Cop Tank, Protector Drone, Alien Queen
MISC More Enemy Gore, Duke Gore, Nude Art, Feces, More Blimp Goodies, Steriods cause temporary growth and invincibility, More Rats, Forcefields fire back various projectiles

I'm also working on a similar mod called Atomic Beach (Atomic + Life's a Beach).

More to come, let me know what you think.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 20 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options