Duke4.net Forums: eduke32 startup crash (another one) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke32 startup crash (another one)

User is offline   yanek 

Hi everybody!

Eduke32 crashes everytime at startup, with something that seems related to a sound problem (logfile below). I can see the atomic logo, and that's all.
Here are all the info you may be interested in, but of course feel free to ask me any other useful information you could need... I haven't play Duke for +10 years and miss him so much!!! It's kinda frustrating...
- Running Vista (32 bits)
- Duke files coming from the original cd
- My audio chipset is listed as "Soundmax integrated digital HD audio", exact reference unknown. Mainboard is Asustek P5B-E
- I have the latest audio drivers installed.
- I reinstalled OpenAL from the latest version available.

Any help would be very welcome :)
Thanks by advance!

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Did you get your drivers from the Asus site? Asus isn't known for keeping their drivers updated and sorry, but soundmax isn't all that great.

You could try running setup.exe in your duke directory and disabling sound and music and see what that does or force install a driver from this site:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/adi-soundm...nar-t71280.html

They're old, but they might work.

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostForge, on Jun 14 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

You could try running setup.exe in your duke directory and disabling sound and music and see what that does or force install a driver from this site:

setup.exe doesn't even come with Eduke32 anymore.

I also use Soundmax but I have no audio problems, Can you start the game in 8-bit instead of 32-bit and see if they helps at all.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 14 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

I also use Soundmax but I have no audio problems, Can you start the game in 8-bit instead of 32-bit and see if they helps at all.

Either he edited his log file or he disabled/has nothing in his autoload folder.

User is offline   Delekhan 

Definitely check your sound drivers. I had the same problem only to realize my drivers were outdated.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options