Duke4.net Forums: SW in changelog - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SW in changelog

User is offline   Vadim Z 

Hi everyone!

In the changelog to r8344 I've noticed fixes for "SW". Does it mean that Shadow Warrior can be played (or, maybe, will be) via EDuke32?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Will be, and it's looking good!

User is online   Mark 

Will this include full Mapster support for SW?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

SW's editor (not a hacked Duke one) is building. If you would like to beta test it privately, PM me.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Does this mean more SW maps in the future? :lol: It kinda gets neglected compared to Duke3D and Blood.

User is offline   necroslut 

Good news!

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHendricks266, on 02 December 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

SW's editor (not a hacked Duke one) is building. If you would like to beta test it privately, PM me.

It was the best hack around.

User is online   Mark 

Was it something other than ICD's version? I don't remember any other one.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I admit, I already tried placing sw.grp in my Eduke32 dir just to see if the game might already be detected by latest snapshots.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

I doubt SW would ever be detected by EDuke32 for the same reason it doesn't detect Blood or Redneck Rampage.

View PostNightFright, on 02 December 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

I admit, I already tried placing sw.grp in my Eduke32 dir just to see if the game might already be detected by latest snapshots.

Tried the same a week ago or so, then i dropped the SW.GRP directly on eduke32.exe to open it, the first weird and funny things are the Sumo/cylinders in E1L1.Thanks in advance to the devs that have decided to dedicate some time to SW as well, <3 you.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

It's its own binary. Don't bother trying to get SW running with eduke32.exe. It won't work.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So I guess that means we will eventually see separate binary packages pop up along with the EDuke32 snapshots.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostNightFright, on 04 December 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

So I guess that means we will eventually see separate binary packages pop up along with the EDuke32 snapshots.

This.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Will any of the released betas be supported to any extent?

Will there be full support for released (shareware) versions below 1.2?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMrFlibble, on 25 December 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Will any of the released betas be supported to any extent?

Will there be full support for released (shareware) versions below 1.2?

I already have the 1.0 and 1.1 shareware GRPs detected and loadable as part of game data scanning, but beyond fixing the menu cursor the game code is still entirely 1.2.

Further work on support for sharewares and betas is extremely low priority. Fortunately we released the 1.0 and 1.1 source codes, and there are plenty of beta source backups dating back to October 1995. Maybe I will work on it when I revisit the SW betas to release these sources, crack the AEGIS dongle, and add a 1.0 Registered we found.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 December 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

I already have the 1.0 and 1.1 shareware GRPs detected and loadable as part of game data scanning, but beyond fixing the menu cursor the game code is still entirely 1.2.

I kinda expected that :lol:

View PostHendricks266, on 25 December 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Further work on support for sharewares and betas is extremely low priority. Fortunately we released the 1.0 and 1.1 source codes, and there are plenty of beta source backups dating back to October 1995.

I probably wouldn't be asking at all if there were no sources available.

Wouldn't at least the earlier betas be better served by a fork rather than trying to have them co-exist in mainline?

• Weaponized Autism

Nothing is better served by a fork.

User is online   Mark 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: fork.jpg

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Definitely not everything. Anyone who eats sushi with a fork is no friend of mine.

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 27 December 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Definitely not everything. Anyone who eats sushi with a fork is no friend of mine.

Americans already eat sushi incorrectly. They use chopsticks. You're supposed to pick it up with your hands. You're only supposed to use chopsticks with raw fish (sashimi) and even then, not everyone uses chopsticks then in Japan.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Yeah I also know that real sushi only has 1 ingredient (besides the rice and seaweed), which is always raw fish or a vegetable. Whatever, I still love my deep-fried vegas rolls (NO CREAM CHEESE!). It's real sushi to me. ❤️❤️❤️🍣🍣🍣

Hi!

I've made some fixes and updates to startgtk.game.cpp so it actually builds without -fpermissive on a modern linux distro (Fedora 31, gcc 9.2.1, et al)

It runs! There's some interesting issues with mirrors displaying a hall of mirrors effect but otherwise it seems feature complete.

Where can I submit patches?

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

View Postcomorbidity, on 29 January 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

Hi!

I've made some fixes and updates to startgtk.game.cpp so it actually builds without -fpermissive on a modern linux distro (Fedora 31, gcc 9.2.1, et al)

It runs! There's some interesting issues with mirrors displaying a hall of mirrors effect but otherwise it seems feature complete.

Where can I submit patches?

I have already fixed startgtk myself locally and will commit it in my next push.

I appreciate the vote of confidence! However it is not actually feature complete.

You can post patches here or email them to development at voidpoint dot com.

View Postcomorbidity, on 29 January 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Known issue.

View PostHendricks266, on 29 January 2020 - 10:57 AM, said:

I have already fixed startgtk myself locally and will commit it in my next push.

I appreciate the vote of confidence! However it is not actually feature complete.

You can post patches here or email them to development at voidpoint dot com.

Known issue.

Good stuff! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to having native binaries versus running wine.

User is offline   Master O 

What's this, then?

https://youtu.be/GT4mZUwuoXQ

This post has been edited by Master O: 29 January 2020 - 12:46 PM

A video with no Shadow Warrior in it?

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMaster O, on 29 January 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

What's this, then?

https://youtu.be/GT4mZUwuoXQ

For those who still have no idea.

https://forum.zdoom....hp?f=12&t=67139

Other Build engine port by GZDooM's main author(s?). Right now it focused on Blood and Duke's supports, haven't touched SW and other games, and it's still in early phase as aiming stable and usability.

It's good to have other port for Build engine game.

Well, I hope it won't caused other weird flame wars...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options