Duke4.net Forums: Some colors are too dark on my screen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some colors are too dark on my screen

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I recently bought a new computer, which works perfectly well, except for the screen. Some images look too dark, but I can't use the brightness/contrast adjustment because it will make some other images look too bright. I need to edit some of those images and this problem is hurting my eyes really bad.

I searched through the net and I've come to the conclusion that it can be a problem with the HDMI output, but I don't know what can I do with it. The PC has an integrated Intel graphics card, which detects the screen as a digital TV monitor (?). I've tested the different options from its control panel, like the color range, refresh rate and even an option that allows to change the brightness/contrast of each one of the RGB colors, but none of these options have helped me to solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue with their screens? Some help would be much appreciated. I can give more technical info if needed.

View PostPerro Seco, on 30 November 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

I recently bought a new computer, which works perfectly well, except for the screen. Some images look too dark, but I can't use the brightness/contrast adjustment because it will make some other images look too bright. I need to edit some of those images and this problem is hurting my eyes really bad.

I searched through the net and I've come to the conclusion that it can be a problem with the HDMI output, but I don't know what can I do with it. The PC has an integrated Intel graphics card, which detects the screen as a digital TV monitor (?). I've tested the different options from its control panel, like the color range, refresh rate and even an option that allows to change the brightness/contrast of each one of the RGB colors, but none of these options have helped me to solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue with their screens? Some help would be much appreciated. I can give more technical info if needed.

Sounds like your problem affects not all your screen, but only some images. In this case, there might be an issue with your color correction setup (go to Control Panel - Color Management to see if you are using the right ICC profile for your display).

With what specific images (in which software) do you experience this problem? What display monitor model are you using?

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostJan Satcitananda, on 02 December 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

Sounds like your problem affects not all your screen, but only some images. In this case, there might be an issue with your color correction setup (go to Control Panel - Color Management to see if you are using the right ICC profile for your display).
Thank you for the answer. I have to say I don't understand what exactly the ICC profile is, but is set to be selected automatically. I tried selecting them manually but I didn't see any difference.

View PostJan Satcitananda, on 02 December 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

With what specific images (in which software) do you experience this problem? What display monitor model are you using?
It doesn't seem to be related to any software because the problem affects the entire system. My monitor model is a Samsung SyncMaster S19B150, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either, because I connected a different monitor and the problem was still there, though both monitors work fine with other computers.

I guess the problem comes from the integrated Intel graphics card or maybe from the operating system (Windows 10). Here is an example between a laptop where everything looks fine (front) and my PC (behind):

Posted Image

On my PC colors 3, 5, 6 are darker and 1, 2, 4, 7 are brighter. Colour 3 looks more blue than gray, and the black strip in the middle is very difficult to appreciate.

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 03 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options