Duke4.net Forums: PCExhumed - Exhumed/PowerSlave PC port - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PCExhumed - Exhumed/PowerSlave PC port

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostLobo4, on 23 December 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

With pcexhumed_win64_20201221-12108 : I lost some of the custom keyboard controls, this does not happen if I go back to pcexhumed_win64_20201218-12096.

Anomaly or reconfiguration recommended ?

From the revision logs:

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r12107
---
8826e7f1c | [sirlemonhead] PCExhumed: Use pcexhumed.cfg and pcexhumed_cvars.cfg for config saving. Retired psa.ini.

and

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r12108
---
cda98d283 | [sirlemonhead] PCExhumed: Change some config types from short to int32_t, remove some unnecessary casts.

So in short just reconfigure your custom keybinds and everything will be fine.

User is offline   Lobo4 

View Postjkas789, on 23 December 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

From the revision logs: [...]

So in short just reconfigure your custom keybinds and everything will be fine.

Yes indeed :

The file settings.cfg is substituted by pcexhumed_cvars.cfg and setup.cfg by pcexhumed.cfg.

With pcexhumed_win64_20201221-12108 the FPS are at maximum by default and the dynamic shadows are well present, it's really nice :)

User is offline   Lobo4 

Small remark about the title screen: you know where this skull laughs, but, randomly it says something...

...that I'm not sure I can hear well to translate what it says... :huh:

Can someone write down what he's saying ?

Any idea on how the game chosen for the title screen is done by laughing and talking ? Or is there a way to listen to the voices and sfx ?

If anyone can answer thanks :)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I had the impression that this is random but at the same time that it does not happen on the first run of the game. Since the game does not seem to count the number of runs (I'm looking at you here Duke3D), this might be done by checking if there is a saved game. But that's entire guesswork on my part.

As for what it says, it seems like some pseudo-language, like what the mummies say. Somehow I don't think there was any research into actual Ancient Egyptian by the dev team (not to mention that Ancient Egyptian changed pretty drastically over the course of its development).

User is offline   dwtietz 

This question came up in the discord last February. Apparently this is John Yuill saying "Why is Jeff a feeb?". John Yuill being one of the two programmers for the PC version, and Jeff being Jeff Blazier whom was responsible for the PS version, and was known for often saying "Why is Yuill a feeb?"

Source: https://discord.com/...839627367907481

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Hah, this is both cool and better than expected ^_^

User is offline   Aydan 

Hi folks, new member and first time poster here. Being a life-long fan of the Exhumed games (played the Saturn version first back in 1997 at the age of 8 - then the PSX version in 98!) I just wanted to thank the creator of this source port from the bottom of my heart. This is THE way to play the PC version of the game. While there are other ports such as GDX, they change the original vision and elements of the game too much for me. I just wanted to play the original PC port with a few minor tweaks for movement and so on which PCExhumed provides!

I've been an absolute pleasure to play through the PC version with a decent sourceport. I played through a bit of it with Dosbox but it just doesn't feel too good in this day and age.

The only minor bug I have come across is the lack of ambient sound effects working properly, so for example you'd be in an area with water, or moving water, and no sound for it plays when it should.
Other than that kind of thing, it's been a god send.

I also LOVE how you can add mod support by literally creating a folder and putting your custom files with the same name the game uses inside STUFF.DAT and it over-writes the original for you, no other special tools or programs needed!

I actually swapped out the annoying Wasp flying sound effect for the one used on the consoles which is much quieter and fits so much better and it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Such a simple tweak but a very much needed one.

Sorry to ramble, I just wanted to say thank you for the hard work of the developers of this port and just share my absolute joy and passion for this series.

Please keep up the amazing work, just a few minor bug fixes to go and it's perfect :) If many elements or adjustments to menus and systems get implemented I'll keep a copy of the older versions o the sake of preserving the authenticity of the original game :)

User is offline   Lobo4 

View PostLobo4, on 02 December 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

Hello,

With pcexhumed_win64_20201130-11988, I observe that the pattern of the "Guardians of bast" (They look like statues) is inactive, so that these opponents are visible but blocked (from the Kalabsh - Level 03).

Hello,

Idem with El Kab (level 8) 2 statues inactives at the beginning just after the stairs (pcexhumed_win64_20210103-12112).

User is offline   jkas789 

I sent a message to sirlemonhead on the Discord and he was kind enough to answer it:

i don't know the game well enough to know what (if anything) triggers those but they don't wake up on the DOS version either when you run down the stairs

I checked in the map editor - they're not tagged as having AI, so they're just decorations

So case closed I suppose :)

They could be like the small gorilla enemies in Shadow Warrior: Wanton Destruction that are used as statues at the entrance of the hotel in E2L1. I think they are also static in that level as way unless I have contracted early onset Alzheimer.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 10 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   Lobo4 

View Postjkas789, on 10 January 2021 - 03:32 PM, said:

So case closed I suppose :)

Yes, in fact the level 8 how by a bluff with the statues...it's also the level where the Rah gauntlet is recovered.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options