Duke4.net Forums: My tilesets are scewed up - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My tilesets are scewed up

User is offline   Japes 

I was messing around with my tiles today, importing graphics and whatnot, and wound up accidentally changing the BUILD palette for all of my tiles (or at least 1-15) to the palette of a particular picture I was trying to import. Now all of the tiles are screwed up (some look like they might be sharing colors) and the tiles have this weird "negative" type of color scheme going where everything is mostly black. After messing around aimlessly with it for about an hour I managed to restore the colors to where I can now draw with the default palette, but the tiles are still horribly messed up. Normally this wouldn't bother me since I could just replace them with a fresh set from the GRP, but I had a lot of custom art stored in the 12-15 sets; art which is going to take a very long time to resize, edit, reanimate, etc. Basically I was wondering if there's anyway to get the original color scheme back on the tile sets to save me the hassle of starting all over from square one on my custom art. I'm not too keen on image editing with duke, at least not with regard to changing palettes (I know literally nothing about DAT files) so anyone brave enough to help me out might have to put an explanation in laymen's terms.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I fought with this problem too back when I was still using the ART tiles for my mods.

If the index of the colors hasn't changed (so that only the palette was changed and didn't affect the tiles) I think there should be a way to revert it by creating a new PALETTE.DAT in a different installation, then moving it over to your current one. I wouldn't count on it too much though.

If you're using EDuke32, use external art files with the DEF language's texture command.

User is offline   Japes 

Thanks for the suggestion, Daedolon. Hard news to hear, but it's better than losing all my code, I suppose :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options