Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 Startup Crash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 Startup Crash

User is offline   Delekhan 

Well it seems after doing some more goofing around with it that the problem isn't the high res mod so much as Eduke32 just not running anything. For someone reason it continues to crash while trying to initialize the music. I'm unsure of what to do this problem even happens with a clean install. I'm attaching my log to see if anyone can give me some hints or help on what I can do to fix this problem.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

If you delete everything in the autoload folder (the HRP, HRMP, etc) does it load?

Nope still crashes. I have even tried just playing plain old duke with eduke32 and it still crashes. Even with the autoload folder emptied it still crashes when it says it is loading the OpenAL32.dll and initializing the music.

This post has been edited by Delekhan: 08 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Hmmm... well, make sure you've got the newest version of OpenAL.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Uninstall and re-install openal

latest:
http://connect.creat...ads/oalinst.zip

Uninstalled and reinstalled OpenAL still getting a crash during Music Initialization and the opening of the dll file. :)

User is offline   eddym4814 

View PostDelekhan, on Jun 8 2009, 10:43 PM, said:

Uninstalled and reinstalled OpenAL still getting a crash during Music Initialization and the opening of the dll file. :)

Create a new folder. Unzip the EDuke32 files into it. Add the duke3d.grp file only. Click on the EDuke32.exe. See what happens.

Still crashes during Initialization and the opening of the dll.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

If it's still crashing under those circumstances, then you have video and/or audio driver/IRQ issues.

View PostForge, on Jun 9 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

If it's still crashing under those circumstances, then you have video and/or audio driver/IRQ issues.

Edit: Dear God this is embarrassing. I had just recently reformatted my comp and thought I had updated my sound drivers turns out I had only updated my video drivers. God sorry for wasting everyone's time I feel like a complete jackass now. :)

This post has been edited by Delekhan: 09 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options