Duke4.net Forums: E1L1 Movie Theater Window - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E1L1 Movie Theater Window

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNightFright, on 16 September 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

I dunno about the vent issue, but I can still jump through that cinema entrance window next to the crack in E1L1 when using r8122.

Confirmed that this is still an issue using r8122

(there's probably another thread somewhere mentioning it, but I couldn't find it to bump it)

User is offline   Tekedon 

Same issue here. So they removed the old clips, but accidentally added new ones :(

Wrong subforum, but in any case, this happens specifically when the player presses the jump and crouch button (toggle or regular) at the same time.
In fact it's so consistent that one could intentionally exploit it, similarly to the vanilla bug that allowed players to enter shrinker-only areas.

Edit: In that sense it's at least a very minor thing that is unlikely to happen to the player at random.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 18 September 2019 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I disagree with your assessment of where to post this and the scope of it, as it is not repeatable in DOS thru snapshots up to at least 7136 (on this particular window, and it most likely affects other similar constructs in commercial maps and user made levels)

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostForge, on 19 September 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

I disagree with your assessment of where to post this and the scope of it, as it is not repeatable in DOS thru snapshots up to at least 7136 (on this particular window, and it most likely affects other similar constructs in commercial maps and user made levels)

I didn't say this was a DOS bug, I meant that it's similar in that it can be exploited intentionally, but it's definitely something introduced in eduke32.
And yes, this bug can also be exploited on any map with a similar "window slit" of comparable size. The start of E1L4 where the Troopers are shooting through is a good example.

(didn't this thread appear in the "Everything EDuke32" section before? I'm confused)

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 19 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

"E1L1 Movie Theater Window Corner" Heck! that window deserved its own thread.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

It turns out that this issue is way more exploitable than I initially thought. Any gap that is at the height of that window, or higher, can pretty much be clipped through if one holds crouch while jumping.
For instance, this can be used to skip a large part of E4L3 by clipping through this window:

Attached Image: duke0047.png

or by clipping through this gap in E4L2 where one ordinarily would need the Shrinker to progress:

Attached Image: duke0045.png

Bisection indicates that the issue started appearing with r8119, which is the same revision that also introduced the auto-crouch problem.

Seems to be fixed with r8616.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options