Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury Mapping - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury Mapping

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Just yesterday I thought if there are any IF cityscape usermaps in the Duke Nukem style, or maybe levels based on the original Duke maps, but not carbon copies, more like improvised upon the originals.

that would probably work best for IF gameplay too

Something For Halloween
Posted Image
moddes please delete

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 11 August 2020 - 10:34 AM

Something For Halloween
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

SPY-maps is getting closer for a new release; below he shows map one ...

:wub: :wub: :wub:

This post has been edited by Hank: 19 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

That is breathtaking!

this is something else man :woot:

User is offline   Mark 

WOW. I have only played about 15 minutes in the first map of IF. I had no idea that the game has such great assets for doing outdoor landscapes. I might have have tried mapping for it if I knew. That guy is one talented mapper. What else has he done here or for other games?

User is offline   Hank 

^ You can find all his levels on Indiedb (moddb)
https://www.indiedb....-maps/downloads

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostMark, on 21 October 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

WOW. I have only played about 15 minutes in the first map of IF. I had no idea that the game has such great assets for doing outdoor landscapes. I might have have tried mapping for it if I knew. That guy is one talented mapper. What else has he done here or for other games?

That map looks really cool, but I think there's quite some new art in it. Haven't played Fury in about a year though, so that might be also some original ones disguised in different palettes - but I certainly don't remember some stuff like these actors portraits.

I'm also playing with a distant idea to do some mapping for Ion Fury, was thinking of a transition of one of my maps ideas from Duke to IF, as it would probably work better that way - but not sure if I'll get around the new stuff in Mapster and completely different art assets.

User is offline   Mark 

I see there is a photo-realistic fire anim in the map. Must be custom because I doubt IF would have something that high res mixed in with their other textures.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostAleks, on 21 October 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm also playing with a distant idea to do some mapping for Ion Fury, was thinking of a transition of one of my maps ideas from Duke to IF, as it would probably work better that way - but not sure if I'll get around the new stuff in Mapster and completely different art assets.

Jumping from Duke is very easy since it's mostly Duke3D effect set as a base and almost all of the new stuff is optional on top.
There is in-editor documentation describing tags when you hover on top, etc..

Most differences come from better flexibility with triggers (i.e. a switch/trigger/enemykill can activate ANYTHING from respawns to doors to elevators, etc.. and not just a limited set with activator/masterswitch/etc..).
You can get to the deeper end of the pool and do wacky stuff but coming from d3d, quite many of the idiotic things have been fixed.
This does also mean that some things are expected to be handled with new fx that rely less on duke hardcoded stuff, i.e. lighting is manual offset based instead of sort of "pouring in across sprites", allowing easy overlap and full control.

Palette has more control, it won't colour the player unless you use a specific range and texture set is very flexible with the altpals.
Art assets also have tile groups but I do recommend playing around.

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postoasiz, on 22 October 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

Jumping from Duke is very easy since it's mostly Duke3D effect set as a base and almost all of the new stuff is optional on top.
There is in-editor documentation describing tags when you hover on top, etc..

Most differences come from better flexibility with triggers (i.e. a switch/trigger/enemykill can activate ANYTHING from respawns to doors to elevators, etc.. and not just a limited set with activator/masterswitch/etc..).
You can get to the deeper end of the pool and do wacky stuff but coming from d3d, quite many of the idiotic things have been fixed.
This does also mean that some things are expected to be handled with new fx that rely less on duke hardcoded stuff, i.e. lighting is manual offset based instead of sort of "pouring in across sprites", allowing easy overlap and full control.

Palette has more control, it won't colour the player unless you use a specific range and texture set is very flexible with the altpals.
Art assets also have tile groups but I do recommend playing around.

Sounds like fun, should be quite refreshing both in terms of different aesthetics and not having to workaround to get so many more advanced effects working properly. Being a detailed shadow freak, most Duke's lighting FX such as SE12 are quite useless for me indeed, in fact I was thinking some days ago why they didn't do it like that originally, making SE12's shade as offset to the original shading of walls, sectors and sprites in the room.

If you say the transition is easy, I'll definitely give it a try one day!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

https://furymap.lerppu.net/

Check effect sprites and palettes to get an idea what's possible.

User is offline   Hank 

100m dash by FitterSpace

Posted Image

Download page

... a GDF training level to test your speed running abilities.

working on a snow themed map
Posted Image

I think I'll have a trailer after Thanksgiving
Posted Image
Posted Image

Or maybe a bit sooner lol

and here it is
Posted Image
https://youtu.be/cWvq8qHR6BU

This post has been edited by Truck Stop Santa Claus: 25 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

Made a little Subway demonstration in Ion Fury, but every time it passes a L+ it makes a little ding sound. Is there a way of stopping this?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Still work in progress but I'm working on documenting the skybox stuff and how to stack things, etc..
It's one of the more poorly documented effects even with the in-editor guides

My link

Thx

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

SE101 stuff added (skybox movement), it's mostly complete, missing some attributes which should be fairly obvious with in-editor docs though.

User is offline   Hang-lip 

For Ion fury mapping is only the Mapster.exe required?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Stock mapster is fine but you will want to use the scripts to get in-editor documentation for any new effects and such.
You'll find more info here: My link
Get that pack and update mapster32.exe for the best experience.

You can however work even without the scripts if you really want to but you'll have a tougher time.

User is offline   dwtietz 

A little something I've been working on the last couple of days...

This is a mod that takes all of YijArt's individual weapon mods for Ion Fury and bundles them together in one package that allows the weapons to be swapped out irt within the current game session via an onscreen menu. There are still a few small quirks to be ironed out, but it's coming along fairly well so far.

VIDEO: Weapon swapping mod for Ion Fury

View Postoasiz, on 25 April 2022 - 07:59 AM, said:

Stock mapster is fine but you will want to use the scripts to get in-editor documentation for any new effects and such.
You'll find more info here: My link
Get that pack and update mapster32.exe for the best experience.

You can however work even without the scripts if you really want to but you'll have a tougher time.

Im using the mapster from your link, when starting the program i get errors saying error on content line etc.

It seems to be running though.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHang-lip, on 30 April 2022 - 01:47 AM, said:

Im using the mapster from your link, when starting the program i get errors saying error on content line etc.
That's because of a new DEF language feature as of Fury[.grp] 1.1, concerning tile-based fonts. Some contents won't be loaded. Use a more recent mapster32.exe if you run into text display issues in 3D mode.

When making slopes and its not sloping the direction you want is there a way to change this without splitting the sector?

which is what ive usually done to get it to slope the way i want.

Thnks.

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostHang-lip, on 01 May 2022 - 03:35 AM, said:

When making slopes and its not sloping the direction you want is there a way to change this without splitting the sector?

which is what ive usually done to get it to slope the way i want.

Thnks.

You can change the first wall, which is the wall which doesn't "move" during sloping. Just point at a wall (easier to do in 2D mode usually, but you need to point close to one of its vertices) and press Alt+F. Also, when doing this on a red wall, make sure you are selecting the wall in the correct sector you are sloping. In 3D mode, you have to position yourself so that you point towards that wall and press Alt+F on the floor in front of it.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options