Duke4.net Forums: Player Collisions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player Collisions  "Invisible blocks"

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi guys,

Previously I mentioned there were problems with Duke getting blocked by invisible walls as mentioned here:

https://forums.duke4...post&pid=326298

I've cut a portion of the map which focuses on the problem and I hope this helps make the diagnoses easier. Please see the attached map it throws you right at the spot. When going down the stairs you are blocked, but going up is okay. At the bottom, Duke can't access an area under the stairs unless Duke crouches. The problem was introduced between R7826 - R7831 and it only appears to affect EDuke32 as it is fine in Mapster32.

Thanks

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 01 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPaul B, on 01 August 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Previously I mentioned there were problems with Duke getting blocked by invisible walls as mentioned here:

I've cut a portion of the map which focuses on the problem and I hope this helps make the diagnoses easier. Please see the attached map it throws you right at the spot. When going down the stairs you are blocked, but going up is okay. At the bottom, Duke can't access an area under the stairs unless Duke crouches. The problem was introduced between R7826 - R7831 and it only appears to affect EDuke32 as it is fine in Mapster32.

Thanks

I will guess it has something to do with the ceiling height and the fact that the sectors are sloped. It probably isn't detecting the height of the ceiling properly and only allowing Duke to pass through based on the lowest point of the sectors ceiling.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 02 August 2019 - 07:28 AM

User is offline   Mark 

But why in just one direction? I thought the same as you did plus I expected the player to get "bumped" downwards while going up if that was the case.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMark, on 02 August 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

But why in just one direction? I thought the same as you did plus I expected the player to get "bumped" downwards while going up if that was the case.

Perhaps the limiting code is applied depending on the first wall setting. I don't know I'm grasping at straws. These are the type of problems that baffle my mind to think about yet the developers seem to thrive off these challenges and make them sound easy. We need Terminx's Quantum mind =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 02 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPaul B, on 01 August 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

*** FIXED PROBLEM ***
r7903 | terminx | 2019-08-07 15:43:38 -0700 (Wed, 07 Aug 2019) | 1 line

Fix issue clipping against sloped ceilings.

Thank you Terminx !!!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 07 August 2019 - 05:47 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options