Duke4.net Forums: Steam - does anyone else is getting this? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam - does anyone else is getting this?

login into Steam cause it to open the Windows on screen keyboard, but minimized.

Posted Image

only started happening today, login out of Steam closes it. Also i can't close the keyboard if Steam is running.

Can't find anything wrong in my system. Does anyone else has this problem?

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 June 2019 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostLazy Dog, on 13 June 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

login into Steam cause it to open the Windows on screen keyboard, but minimized.

Posted Image

only started happening today, login out of Steam closes it. Also i can't close the keyboard if Steam is running.

Can't find anything wrong in my system. Does anyone else has this problem?

In your Steam window:

View ----> Settings ----> Controller ----> Desktop Configuration

This will open a window that displays your controller.

Click the box on the bottom left showing the various Arrow Keys.

It will show a few settings. On the right, click on "Show Keyboard" under the "Click Action" setting.

This will open up a keyboard and mouse with a bunch of possible bindings.

Click the "Remove" button, below the keyboard display.

Back out of the settings and click 'OK'

This will unbind the stupid keyboard from popping up.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

i don't have a controller connected, only keyboard and mouse, it's not that.

UPDATE: i found this on Steam reddit, so it's not just me. apparently was caused by a Steam client update

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostLazy Dog, on 13 June 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

i don't have a controller connected, only keyboard and mouse, it's not that.

are you using the Big Picture Mode ?

In your Steam settings, and under "In-game" uncheck the box that says "Use the Big Picture Mode overlay when using a Steam Controller from the desktop"

Regardless if you have a Joystick or not just check the settings. This is obviously a setting in your steam app that is launching the on screen keyboard.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 June 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostPaul B, on 13 June 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

are you using the Big Picture Mode ?

In your Steam settings, and under "In-game" uncheck the box that says "Use the Big Picture Mode overlay when using a Steam Controller from the desktop"

no i'm not, read my previous comment, aparently is caused by a Steam update. Thanks anyway :D

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 June 2019 - 07:57 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostLazy Dog, on 13 June 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

no i'm not, read my previous comment, aparently is caused by a Steam update. Thanks anyway :D

Gotta love those random updates which infect your system with unwanted changes. I remember the days when they use to release a product and it just worked as advertised. Long gone are those days. But back then the software was no where near as complicated and you couldn't infect your system with the internet because no one had it.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

They just fixed it. That was quick :D

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah, that Steam update was really weird, yesterday it even asked me to restart twice (probably they just issued another update) and on the second restart Steam completely shat the bed while fucking up my headphones audio playback (if it was related to codec the speakers wouldn't work either). Took me several attempts at starting up Steam properly after that restart for update. lol

Though today I noticed that page scrolling sometimes behaves badly too (when using scroll wheel), it stutters when you switch to other application and then to Steam again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options