Duke4.net Forums: Borderlands corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands corner

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, if it's really like that, I am not surprised the game runs so shitty pretty much everywhere. That's what happens if you want to stop criminals so bad you start using criminal methods yourself.

View PostZaxx, on 16 September 2019 - 05:06 AM, said:

This is "great":
Spoiler

Now I'm not the conspiracy theorist type and I refuse to believe a lot of the nonsense that's flying in Epic's direction on the internet but this version of Denuvo seems so creepy that I would never ever install a game that's using it.

If i remember right, Doom (2016) had Denuvo, now i'm afraid that they will use this crap on Doom Eternal!?

"always online with constant 2 mb/s upload in background" LOL? For real? My "beautiful" connection has less than 1 fucking mb in upload! And even if i had like 50Mb, the upload will have an heavy impact on the connection, would really be playable?

Man, at this point i prefer a standalone single player only version without this Denuvo crap, preventing piracy does not mean harrass your own customers..

• The Truth is in here

They have one year to remove that shit before this goes to Steam. But once this is widely known, players won't stop nagging before it's gone. Epic knows why they don't have comment and rating functions in their launcher.

User is offline   jkas789 

When your game story is so bland, retconned and generally just painfully bad that fans have to resort to writing fanfiction on reddit to make sense of it.

As I said on other threads before, the only salvageable things about borderlands for me is its gameplay/gunplay and some character designs. I would drop it in a heartbeat if a better looter shooter came along.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

The VR version of Borderlands 2 have made a noticeable effort in comfort and single player immersion (no multiplayer and skill tree reworked), and even if the original game wasn't made for VR, it is now a decent game on PSVR and PC (even if the launch was chaotic on PC from what I could gather) with support of Valve Index since january

Mario Rodriguez https://twitter.com/RodriguezMario6 who produced it had a great time working on it and would like to do more VR ports of Borderlands games

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 08 October 2020 - 07:24 AM

3 weeks ago there have been a re-release of Tales From The Borderlands on Steam (and possibly othr platforms), its more in the range of Point 'n' clicks and the plot and storytelling are more thorought than in the other Borderlands games, and it was made by Tell Tale Games who did revivals for the famous Lucas Arts licences and many others (they did for other licences on orders, before they were submerged by orders and got bankrupt)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 07 March 2021 - 03:19 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I know most people around here hate Borderlands, but I have a soft-spot for the series, even though Borderlands 3 has a shit story and shit characters.

Tales from the Borderlands was good, I played it and enjoyed it, it may have been the best game Tell Tale made before they closed.

Borderlands 3 is a constant work in progress for Gearbox (Randy Pitchford acknowledged it), so even the weakest points might improve in the end...

Have you heard about the latest developments about the Borderlands movie ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 08 March 2021 - 08:22 AM

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostDanukem, on 07 March 2021 - 09:29 PM, said:

I know most people around here hate Borderlands, but I have a soft-spot for the series, even though Borderlands 3 has a shit story and shit characters.

Tales from the Borderlands was good, I played it and enjoyed it, it may have been the best game Tell Tale made before they closed.

Myself I have soft-spot for 1st game and Pre sequel. TFTB I tried but gave up after several hours. Not my thing.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postgemeaux333, on 08 March 2021 - 08:02 AM, said:

Have you heard about the latest developments about the Borderlands movie ?

No, but every once in a while I check my PS4 copy and it always says the last update was bug fixes, so I am ignoring it until there is something major. The movie will be trash barring a miracle. The fact that they cast 51 year old Cate Blanchett to play Lilith at a time when Lilith should be in her early 20s, says a lot.

The cast this far :
Cate Blanchett as Lilith
Kevin Hart as Roland
Jamie Lee Curtis as Tanis
Jack Black as Clap-Trap (voice)
Ariana Greenblatt as Tiny Tina
Florian Munteanu as Krieg

I think te movie will be fun enough to watch (besides, a miracle can always be arranged)
This far I have no problem with the casting, but I think Catherine O'Hara would have been a better choice for Lilith... when it comes to the age I don't worry much as there is plenty of processes to de-age actors
What about Johnny Depp as The Handsome Jack ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 10 March 2021 - 09:10 AM

• The Truth is in here

I always thought Jeff Goldblum would be a great Handsome Jack. It's really his type of character, similar to what he played in Thor 3.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Dan Stevens.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 10 March 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

I always thought Jeff Goldblum would be a great Handsome Jack. It's really his type of character, similar to what he played in Thor 3.

Goldblum is getting too old I'm afraid. Damian Clark, the actual voice actor for Jack, would make a perfectly fine Jack:

Posted Image

But I'm pretty sure that Handsome Jack is not even in the movie. If that's true, then the most memorable character of the series who is solely responsible for the only parts of the series where the story doesn't suck...is not in the movie.

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, a Goldblum from the 90s could have been a better fit for this. Oh well, at least we have Blanchett. I am surprised she is starring in productions like this one. But she was also in Thor 3, so I guess she isn't insisting on only getting demanding roles these days.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 March 2021 - 12:05 AM

I think its hard to not have Handsome Jack if we already have Tiny Tina and Krieg...
I was suggesting Johnny Depp especially because of his acting, and besides that, right now he isn't too demanding and count on his friend Tim Burton to keep his carreer afloat

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 March 2021 - 09:39 AM

Haley Bennet is in to play a character being part of Lilith's past : https://www.ign.com/...-brand-new-role

Edgar Ramirez will play Atlas (the CEO of the Atlas Corporation) : https://deadline.com...ate-1234727783/

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 05 April 2021 - 02:04 PM

Janina Gavankar will play Commander Knoxx : https://deadline.com...ame-1234732515/

This movie will be such a damn shitshow...

On another note, the "director's cut" DLC (the fucking nerve) of Borderlands 3 was released. It was as expected, a fucking cash grab that fixes nothing.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 15 April 2021 - 07:58 AM

Randy Pitchford is on the set of the movie everyday to make sure it goes in the right way

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 16 April 2021 - 08:02 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

:lol:

its true !

Gina Gershon as Moxxi, Cheyenne Jackson as Jakobs, and Charles Babalola as Hammerlock and many others :
https://deadline.com...tes-1234746676/

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 29 April 2021 - 01:22 PM

you can watch the entire saga here like movies (reccordings in french) : https://www.youtube....vrzP9x0hdjTh5UK

I have the feeling you really like Borderlands. Which I can relate to, as I like the gameplay a lot.

Indeed, I also liked Tales from the Borderlands, on an other hand having played Borderlands 2 VR and Borderlands GOTY Enhanced have lead me to take a great resolution : as of now, only buy the Borderlands games in VR (it fit better to the universe with this gameplay, even if it haven't been done for VR in the first place)

p.s: Just to make things clear : I haven't done these reccord, its the Game Movie Land channel who did it (and many many other games as well that cannot be expressed with a real number)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 31 May 2021 - 09:02 PM

"With me around, you might actually get somewhere." - Lilith
First picture of the movie with Lilith (Cate Blanchet) taken behind the scenes : https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 01 June 2021 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postgemeaux333, on 01 June 2021 - 07:35 AM, said:

"With me around, you might actually get somewhere." - Lilith
First picture of the movie with Lilith (Cate Blanchet) taken behind the scenes : https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

Honestly, that could be pretty much anyone on this pic! :P

Yeah, that looks like someone cosplaying.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options