Duke4.net Forums: Serious Duke 3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious Duke 3D

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostLazy Dog, on 08 January 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

They could have gone with a weapon wheel, but i honestly don't know if that was a thing back then :lol:
But you need to remember, George was following trends, if he saw something in a game he decided that DNF needed that.

Weapon wheels go back further, though back then they seemed to be much more common with third person shooters than in first person ditos. I could almost swear they go back to like the PS2 era (GTA III?), but I can't find any example.
Still, a weapon wheel is still clumsier than a single button press, especially if there are many weapons.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postnecroslut, on 08 January 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Weapon wheels go back further, though back then they seemed to be much more common with third person shooters than in first person ditos. I could almost swear they go back to like the PS2 era (GTA III?), but I can't find any example.
Still, a weapon wheel is still clumsier than a single button press, especially if there are many weapons.

Pretty sure all the Turok games had weapon wheels. Turok 2 for sure, it had two modes of switching weapons. Either scrolling vertically, or opening up one of two weapon wheels.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 04 January 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

Doom 2016 is probably the closest thing we've had. maybe fall out or Skyrim.

Hmm, console modding is not very the same as PC, that's for sure and... saying about TES5SE and Fallout 4...

XBox-One has 5 / 2(Fallout 4)GB for modding files and PS4 has only...1GB...and no external assets allowed.

No, if you want modding, PC still is better idea then consoles. :rolleyes:
(And because of these limitations on consoles, some mod authors just gave up on console version of their mod so it did limited how many mods on consoles, still, most important and not too big ones still in consoles.)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 January 2020 - 05:50 AM

User is offline   Fauch 

I think ratchet and clank had weapon wheels. Well, I played the 3rd and gladiator. On PS2

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options