Duke4.net Forums: Serious Duke 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious Duke 3D

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#91

View Postfuegerstef, on 05 August 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

The first thing I did was backing up the Workshop files. It seems to be in a very playable and enjyoable state now. And when it gets updates I run a little batch file that saves the new versions.


I've been doing the same for weeks now for that very reason. :)
0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#92

Hypno-Randy commands you!

https://i.imgur.com/LyC2xFM.jpg
0

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

#93

It won't work, only magic trick Randy knows is making money disappear.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

0

#94

https://i.imgur.com/HpC6a3w.jpg
1

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

#95

View PostThe Battlelord, on 06 August 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

https://i.imgur.com/HpC6a3w.jpg



1

User is offline   Outtagum 

#96

View PostLazy Dog, on 06 August 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

It won't work, only magic trick Randy knows is making money disappear.


https://i.imgur.com/YAsJwO6.png
2

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

#97

"I'm gonna make SEGA money disappear. tada!. it's...gone."

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

0

#98

The Steam Workshop is broken for me, it says it downloaded the mod but isn't downloading anything and the mod dissapeared from the campaign select menu, it used to work before the update.
0

#99

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 06 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

The Steam Workshop is broken for me, it says it downloaded the mod but isn't downloading anything and the mod dissapeared from the campaign select menu, it used to work before the update.


I loaded the game from the latest save on Toxic dump, but i couldn't end the map, so i had to choose The Abyss from the menu, i'm pretty sure that all of this is just temporary, they make many update.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 06 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#100

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 06 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

The Steam Workshop is broken for me, it says it downloaded the mod but isn't downloading anything and the mod dissapeared from the campaign select menu, it used to work before the update.


Any other mods installed? You need to uninstall/deactivate the Duke Nukem BFE mod for example so that Serious Duke 3D works (just saying, not implying that you have it).

I just tested and it works here. Unsubscribe from all mods and then resubscribe. Additionally you could manually empty the workshop folder.
The latter is located here "... <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/". Inside that folder you should see several other folders with numbers in which you find the items you subscribed to, but I would recommend to empty the whole folder.

If saves don't work, that is probably because Fusion gets updated often which breaks mods and the saves are from an earlier version which is not compatible with the new one. Maybe also verify the local files in Steam for Fusion too and see if you are up to date as the mod is for the lates version of Fusion.


Sidenote: SInce I just tested the mod I saw that there now is also a Hollywood Hollywood Classic level that hasn't the expanded areas. :)

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 06 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

1

#101

As i suspected there are update and then reportings, not on the main page, in the maps section eg: Here

Is not working for me too now, it disappeared from the menu, but am not worried as the author already replied and is working on the problem, which make me feel the will to pay him, unlike many modern full games out there with super payed devs and lack of support...

Simply admirable.

EDIT: Works again and the Classic Hollywood Holocaust has been downloaded automatically.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 07 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#102

View PostThe Battlelord, on 06 August 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

As i suspected there are update and then reportings, not on the main page, in the maps section eg: Here

Is not working for me too now, it disappeared from the menu, but am not worried as the author already replied and is working on the problem, which make me feel the will pay him, unlike many modern full games out there with super payed devs and lack of supports...

Simply admirable.


Confimred. You can start the game once with the SD3D campaign. The second time it is gone.

Unsubsribing from all files is said to help. Testing it right now and will edit post.

EDIT: Doesn't work for me. I unsubscribed, resubscribed and waited, I even put the backed up files in the wokrshop folder. Still gone for me. Will later report that on the main page of the mod.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#103

Place all .gro files you have in the workshop folder <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/ into <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/common/Serious Sam Fusion 2017/Content/SeriousSam2017/ and it should work.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

0

#104

If there's no cease and desist, it means Gearbox has nothing going on with Duke on their end.
0

#105

View Postfuegerstef, on 06 August 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Any other mods installed? You need to uninstall/deactivate the Duke Nukem BFE mod for example so that Serious Duke 3D works (just saying, not implying that you have it).

I just tested and it works here. Unsubscribe from all mods and then resubscribe. Additionally you could manually empty the workshop folder.
The latter is located here "... <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/". Inside that folder you should see several other folders with numbers in which you find the items you subscribed to, but I would recommend to empty the whole folder.

If saves don't work, that is probably because Fusion gets updated often which breaks mods and the saves are from an earlier version which is not compatible with the new one. Maybe also verify the local files in Steam for Fusion too and see if you are up to date as the mod is for the lates version of Fusion.


Sidenote: SInce I just tested the mod I saw that there now is also a Hollywood Hollywood Classic level that hasn't the expanded areas. :)

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing multiple times, closing and opening Steam, deleting the mod's workshop folder and deleting the download cache, and nothing worked for me.

What i ended up doing is manually downloading each item from the collection using this:
https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/

And now it works fine, does this kind of thing happens often with Workshop mods?, i hope not because i don't want modding to be controlled by something that can't even download the damn things.
0

#106

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 08 August 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing multiple times, closing and opening Steam, deleting the mod's workshop folder and deleting the download cache, and nothing worked for me.

What i ended up doing is manually downloading each item from the collection using this:
https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/

And now it works fine, does this kind of thing happens often with Workshop mods?, i hope not because i don't want modding to be controlled by something that can't even download the damn things.


Idk what was wrong for your installation and how much you are experienced in Steam features (am not so much experienced honestly), so don't kill me for what am about to say :P.

When you are suscribed (it does not matter if is 1st, 2nd or whatever time again) you have to start SSFusion in moddable mode, after you started the game that way, you can even close it, the download of the suscribed workshop content should start, then wait until the download is complete and it should work without preblems.

Nice of you to get and install the files using SWD, unfortunately does not work for some fiiles, so, ia bit of luck is needed too.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 08 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#107

Just try this:

Place all .gro files you have in the workshop folder <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/ into <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/common/Serious Sam Fusion 2017/Content/SeriousSam2017/ and it should work.

Go to the first folder and do a search for ".gro" (minus the quotation marks). Copy the files and paste them to the seconds folder.

The problem is not that you don't have the files (they are there) but something to do with Workshop and how it works.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 08 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

0

User is online   HulkNukem 

#108

View Posthismasterplan, on 07 August 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

If there's no cease and desist, it means Gearbox has nothing going on with Duke on their end.


I've seen this project plastered on bigger game sites, I'm sure its just a matter of time now before they get shut down.
0

User is offline   razgriz 

#109

View PostNightFright, on 06 August 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

Hypno-Randy commands you!

https://i.imgur.com/LyC2xFM.jpg


He can't do s***!
0

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options