• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious Duke 3D

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postfuegerstef, on 05 August 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

The first thing I did was backing up the Workshop files. It seems to be in a very playable and enjyoable state now. And when it gets updates I run a little batch file that saves the new versions.

I've been doing the same for weeks now for that very reason. :dukecigar:

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hypno-Randy commands you!

Posted Image

It won't work, only magic trick Randy knows is making money disappear.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Posted Image

View PostThe Battlelord, on 06 August 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostLazy Dog, on 06 August 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

It won't work, only magic trick Randy knows is making money disappear.

Posted Image

"I'm gonna make SEGA money disappear. tada!. it's...gone."

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

The Steam Workshop is broken for me, it says it downloaded the mod but isn't downloading anything and the mod dissapeared from the campaign select menu, it used to work before the update.

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 06 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

The Steam Workshop is broken for me, it says it downloaded the mod but isn't downloading anything and the mod dissapeared from the campaign select menu, it used to work before the update.

I loaded the game from the latest save on Toxic dump, but i couldn't end the map, so i had to choose The Abyss from the menu, i'm pretty sure that all of this is just temporary, they make many update.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 06 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 06 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Any other mods installed? You need to uninstall/deactivate the Duke Nukem BFE mod for example so that Serious Duke 3D works (just saying, not implying that you have it).

I just tested and it works here. Unsubscribe from all mods and then resubscribe. Additionally you could manually empty the workshop folder.
The latter is located here "... <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/". Inside that folder you should see several other folders with numbers in which you find the items you subscribed to, but I would recommend to empty the whole folder.

If saves don't work, that is probably because Fusion gets updated often which breaks mods and the saves are from an earlier version which is not compatible with the new one. Maybe also verify the local files in Steam for Fusion too and see if you are up to date as the mod is for the lates version of Fusion.

Sidenote: SInce I just tested the mod I saw that there now is also a Hollywood Hollywood Classic level that hasn't the expanded areas. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 06 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

As i suspected there are update and then reportings, not on the main page, in the maps section eg: Here

Is not working for me too now, it disappeared from the menu, but am not worried as the author already replied and is working on the problem, which make me feel the will to pay him, unlike many modern full games out there with super payed devs and lack of support...

Simply admirable.

EDIT: Works again and the Classic Hollywood Holocaust has been downloaded automatically.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 07 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 06 August 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

As i suspected there are update and then reportings, not on the main page, in the maps section eg: Here

Is not working for me too now, it disappeared from the menu, but am not worried as the author already replied and is working on the problem, which make me feel the will pay him, unlike many modern full games out there with super payed devs and lack of supports...

Simply admirable.

Confimred. You can start the game once with the SD3D campaign. The second time it is gone.

Unsubsribing from all files is said to help. Testing it right now and will edit post.

EDIT: Doesn't work for me. I unsubscribed, resubscribed and waited, I even put the backed up files in the wokrshop folder. Still gone for me. Will later report that on the main page of the mod.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Place all .gro files you have in the workshop folder <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/ into <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/common/Serious Sam Fusion 2017/Content/SeriousSam2017/ and it should work.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

If there's no cease and desist, it means Gearbox has nothing going on with Duke on their end.

View Postfuegerstef, on 06 August 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Any other mods installed? You need to uninstall/deactivate the Duke Nukem BFE mod for example so that Serious Duke 3D works (just saying, not implying that you have it).

I just tested and it works here. Unsubscribe from all mods and then resubscribe. Additionally you could manually empty the workshop folder.
The latter is located here "... <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/". Inside that folder you should see several other folders with numbers in which you find the items you subscribed to, but I would recommend to empty the whole folder.

If saves don't work, that is probably because Fusion gets updated often which breaks mods and the saves are from an earlier version which is not compatible with the new one. Maybe also verify the local files in Steam for Fusion too and see if you are up to date as the mod is for the lates version of Fusion.

Sidenote: SInce I just tested the mod I saw that there now is also a Hollywood Hollywood Classic level that hasn't the expanded areas. :dukecigar:

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing multiple times, closing and opening Steam, deleting the mod's workshop folder and deleting the download cache, and nothing worked for me.

What i ended up doing is manually downloading each item from the collection using this:
https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/

And now it works fine, does this kind of thing happens often with Workshop mods?, i hope not because i don't want modding to be controlled by something that can't even download the damn things.

View PostAlektorophobiA, on 08 August 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing multiple times, closing and opening Steam, deleting the mod's workshop folder and deleting the download cache, and nothing worked for me.

What i ended up doing is manually downloading each item from the collection using this:
https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/

And now it works fine, does this kind of thing happens often with Workshop mods?, i hope not because i don't want modding to be controlled by something that can't even download the damn things.

Idk what was wrong for your installation and how much you are experienced in Steam features (am not so much experienced honestly), so don't kill me for what am about to say :dukecigar:.

When you are suscribed (it does not matter if is 1st, 2nd or whatever time again) you have to start SSFusion in moddable mode, after you started the game that way, you can even close it, the download of the suscribed workshop content should start, then wait until the download is complete and it should work without preblems.

Nice of you to get and install the files using SWD, unfortunately does not work for some fiiles, so, ia bit of luck is needed too.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 08 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Just try this:

Place all .gro files you have in the workshop folder <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/content/workshop//564310/ into <Your Steam Installation>/steamapps/common/Serious Sam Fusion 2017/Content/SeriousSam2017/ and it should work.

Go to the first folder and do a search for ".gro" (minus the quotation marks). Copy the files and paste them to the seconds folder.

The problem is not that you don't have the files (they are there) but something to do with Workshop and how it works.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 08 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Posthismasterplan, on 07 August 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

If there's no cease and desist, it means Gearbox has nothing going on with Duke on their end.

I've seen this project plastered on bigger game sites, I'm sure its just a matter of time now before they get shut down.

User is offline   razgriz 

View PostNightFright, on 06 August 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

Hypno-Randy commands you!

Posted Image

He can't do s***!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHulkNukem, on 09 August 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

I've seen this project plastered on bigger game sites, I'm sure its just a matter of time now before they get shut down.

Not to break anyone's heart, but what i'm hearing from behind the scenes is that nobody gives a shit about Duke. Nobody. Not at 3D Realms, not at Gearbox.

The only exception is Jon St John, but there's fuck all he can do.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 23 August 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Not to break anyone's heart, but what i'm hearing from behind the scenes is that nobody gives a shit about Duke. Nobody. Not at 3D Realms, not at Gearbox.

The only exception is Jon St John, but there's fuck all he can do.

Maybe but it still wouldn't be the first time gearbox shut down a non-Build engine Duke project.

User is offline   the_raven 

Guys, I know this is a strange request, but can anyone contact the dev and ask him to upload the files to some other website beside Steam Workshop? Not everyone buys games on Steam, so those that don't can't just download the files from there and install them manually :(

• The Sarien Encounter

But Serious Sam Fusion is ONLY on Steam...unless you're sailing the high seas...

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 August 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

But Serious Sam Fusion is ONLY on Steam...unless you're sailing the high seas...

Well, I just have regular SS3, not fusion, but I figured it should work anyway. Shouldn't it? :(

View Postthe_raven, on 28 August 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Well, I just have regular SS3, not fusion, but I figured it should work anyway. Shouldn't it? :(

As far i know, SS Fusion is just an engine, when i bought it, i've also automatically got a copy of SS TFE HD with it.
Then, when i tried to buy SS3 i've got a message that said that "I already own one or more of the items included in my cart. and will not receive an extra copy of Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)", based on this i guess that you'll receive SS Fusion if you buy a SS game now, but i can't assure you that will happen for every SS game.

Some month ago, i read also that Syndroid was working on a way to make the mod playable without the need to install SS3 (idk if still WIP).

However, if you want download the files from Steam Workshop, copy the Serious Duke Steam Workshop url and paste it on the Steam Workshop Downloader

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 28 August 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostThe Battlelord, on 28 August 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

However, if you want download the files from Steam Workshop, copy the Serious Duke Steam Workshop url and paste it on the Steam Workshop Downloader

I've already tried this, with several of these Steam downloaders, but none work. :(

• The Sarien Encounter

Isn't Serious Sam 3 only on Steam as well? And yeah, you get Fusion automatically if you buy any of the Fusion-integrated Serious Sam games.

User is offline   geomancien 

Is there a suite planned for this mod?

https://youtu.be/clYBafep9jA

View PostThe Battlelord, on 28 August 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

As far i know, SS Fusion is just an engine, when i bought it, i've also automatically got a copy of SS TFE HD with it.
Then, when i tried to buy SS3 i've got a message that said that "I already own one or more of the items included in my cart. and will not receive an extra copy of Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)", based on this i guess that you'll receive SS Fusion if you buy a SS game now, but i can't assure you that will happen for every SS game.

I can confirm, got that same message when i bought SS HD TFE and TSE, already owned 3.

User is online   necroslut 

OK, so I thought I'd give this another try to see if maybe it was better than I remembered, or had been improved since then. And while there have been many updates, and some improvements, holy hell this is so much worse than I remembered! The assets generally look fine (they're not made by the mod author) but as a whole it's a slow, clunky, glitchy, ugly, janky, boring, cramped, cluttered, poor-sounding pile of shit! To be fair, some of that blame should be placed on Serious Sam 3 – it's apparent the engine falls to pieces as soon as it comes to anything that isn't a large empty space – but this really plays terrible.

I'm seeing lots of comments on YouTube, Steam etc saying things like "This is what DNF should have been!", but for fucks sake, this is so much worse than DNF, this is considerably worse than fucking Critical Mass. But even then, DNF (the final one, not the 2001 one) is exactly what it's trying to be! (and failing at). Though if it actually was a DNF mod, it's guaranteed to have played better...
I really hope Gearbox does not listen to fan comments saying this is what we want, because that would end up a disaster. Fucking mess.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 22 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options