Duke4.net Forums: Serious Duke 3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious Duke 3D

Yeah, but SEGA also had the phenomenal Streets of Rage Remake taken down too, so they are not entirely cool with fan projects, it seems... <_<

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 14 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wasn't that like Capcom or something?

Wait no Final Fight was Capcom. So Sega themselves made Streets of Rage?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 13 May 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

On the other hand... Sega not only allowed the Sonic community to make their own stuff, but went on to hire at least one person to work on newer old-school outings.

Not only that but they officially endorsed romhacks and even made it possible to use them on Steam.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Whoever wrote the front page blurb, I've made several custom models for the mod, he's also used assets from HHR.

User is offline   Mark 

How dare you try to bring the thread back on track. <_<

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

*It surfaces from the dead*
How the hell did I miss something like this, Serious Sam is one of my favs and the fact I will be able to play this in VR is even more grand.
Nice work, downloading now.

Not an important spoiler, however i suggest to not watch it if you did not play Serious Duke yet.

User is offline   Mark 

The pig "seriously" needs a reach down and grab or a stomp animation added in. Oh TeaMonster, where are you? :D

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 July 2019 - 02:07 PM

User is offline   Marya 

Spoiler
I've never played DNF but i can say I don't like the new look they gave most of the aliens the pig cops look nice but they change the Assault trooper and the enforcer too much....

This post has been edited by Marya: 03 July 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostMarya, on 03 July 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Spoiler
I've never played DNF but i can say I don't like the new look they gave most of the aliens the pig cops look nice but they change the Assault trooper and the enforcer too much....

The changes were toned down. They were originally supposed to look like this in DNF:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 06 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

• Polymancer

The Battlelord we made for the HHR mod was based on a design from an early build of DNF. That's probably why we've had no interest from the HRP.

Back in the mists of development hell, the DNF monsters took a rather extreme turn!
Believe it or not, this was a boss version of the Pig Cop at one time!

Posted Image

User is offline   3D Master 

View PostMrFlibble, on 28 March 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

I watched the video of the first level and while the level design is certainly very interesting (kind of reminded me of HH Rethinked but on a larger scale) the combat feels off and doesn't seem to capture the essence of Duke3D's combat.

Well, seeing the intro there's something off. Duke didn't return from defeating Dr. Proton, he returned from defeating a whole other bunch of aliens that abducted him to turn him into their war computer; the "ride" that gets shot down is the escape pod from the mothership he set to self destruct, as shown in Duke Nukem 2. (Considering how the aliens in Duke3D came right when the first group of aliens abducted Duke, and there shouldn't really be a reason advanced aliens can't defeat a bunch of humans with limited tech (except for Duke of course) it was always my personal head canon that the two sets of aliens were each other's enemies, who were at war with one another, and Duke was to be their war computer to fight aliens from Duke3D; not specifically to conquer Earth. And that the aliens from Duke3D didn't know quite what the Duke2 aliens were doing at Earth, only that they had some secret weapon they could get there, so they came to Earth to prevent them from getting their secret weapon.

View PostMarya, on 03 July 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Spoiler

I miss the red eyes style from Duke3D, Pig cops and the Battlelord looks so damn angry at the player.
Also, the Battlelord helm, he looks like a demonic dinosaur with it, when you reach him in The Abyss and he come out from explosions (until you realize later that he is using an elevator like) screaming and firing at you with his Gatling gun and mortars, will always be engraved in my mind.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Tea Monster!!! What are you doing!? Are you trying to destroy the Serious Sam community now???

• Polymancer

It's a difficult job, but someone (apart from the triple A gaming studios) has to do it.

I'm still getting used to my new modding gear. I mean, the scythe never wants to stand up anywhere, it's always falling over when you prop it up somewhere. It's also really embarrassing if you don't turn it when going through doors. The black cloak is always going over my eyes too. It was really bad last week. I was going to reap the Turok modding community and the hood got over my eyes and I accidentally smote the Kingpin scene. Sorry guys!! At least it dosen't have to be updated as often as Blender.

• Polymancer

Got her textured.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

oh my

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The beast has been unleashed. Or monster, rather.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 August 2019 - 06:26 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Shiny!

User is offline   Mark 

Lets see a pic under Polymer. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostOuttagum, on 05 August 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

OoooH, The Abyss is out!? HELL Yeah baby, YES, YES!!

That's an awesome trailer.

Too bad Gearbox is probably gonna C&D the mod now.

User is offline   stumppy84 

This is awesome!!

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks fantastic!

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNinety-Six, on 05 August 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Too bad Gearbox is probably gonna C&D the mod now.

The first thing I did was backing up the Workshop files. It seems to be in a very playable and enjyoable state now. And when it gets updates I run a little batch file that saves the new versions.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In the trailer it sometimes looks a bit like they are using EDuke32 with HRP (yes, there are some HRP assets there still, dunno if that's actually OK), then it seems as if you are seeing Forever footage and eventually also Serious Sam. That aside, it's the most "Duke-ish" footage I have seen since that good old DNF trailer from E3 2001. I am surprised Gearbox hasn't shut it down already, but I hope they can still finish this before the hammer strikes. It's great and sad at the same time that the only way to get decent Duke material these days is through fan mods.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNightFright, on 05 August 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

In the trailer it sometimes looks a bit like they are using EDuke32 with HRP (yes, there are some HRP assets there still, dunno if that's actually OK), then it seems as if you are seeing Forever footage and eventually also Serious Sam. That aside, it's the most "Duke-ish" footage I have seen since that good old DNF trailer from E3 2001. I am surprised Gearbox hasn't shut it down already, but I hope they can still finish this before the hammer strikes. It's great and sad at the same time that the only way to get decent Duke material these days is through fan mods.

The HRP license says that it must only be distributed or used with Duke Nukem 3D. I assume having the mod check if there is the proper duke3d.grp would help here. But the HRP community is at least credited in the mod.

http://hrp.duke4.net...art_license.txt (under Terms, #4)

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 06 August 2019 - 12:10 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

At this point I personally don't see a reason for anybody here to care if they rip off every art asset known to man. If the results get us a great Duke Nukem 3d remake and nobody C&D's it, I am happy.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options