• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Since we're posting our predictions of the plot in future episodes, here goes my theory, however unlikely it is to be true:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Radar: 06 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

By the way, I apologize if this is basic knowledge regarding the mod, but can someone clue me in on who Minerva is? I do not recall her at all, even though I remember the name.

User is offline   Jblade 

Duke's not in the mod at all - wherever he really died or is trapped somewhere is up in the air (and nice theory but no she's not Duke's daughter)

Minerva is one of the characters James can talk to on the phone at AMC base. She was originally going to be in an IW add-on on called Hades facility, but that never really went anywhere.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 April 2019 - 01:45 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Cassandra is Sang's daughter - that's why she has the hots for James. It's a hereditary trait. :lol:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostJblade, on 06 April 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Some good theories :lol:
Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Radar: 06 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

User is offline   John Brown 

Spoiler

Where is near-future Maury when we need him?

User is offline   Jblade 

DING DING DING
Spoiler

EDIT:
https://msdn.duke4.net/revamctc3.php

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

Speaking of reviews ... FEEDBACK !!
Ultimate part about Ep2. After that it will be Ep 3 for real. However I'm warning you that the entries on Ep3 levels will be HUUUUUGGGGEEEE !! It will be hard making the text breathe especially since the text editor keeps deleting me some line-jumps :lol:

_Arsia Mons - Mikko : Holy shit is this place insanely bright now (floor) O_O !! I like the new emergency signs on the concourses however the bright walls give out a weird impression with the pitch black ceiling ... New armor hidden in the shanty tunnel, it's cool because armor tends to be a problem in this level. In the control room yet ANOTHER armor, I guess it's a good security against those drones and their freaking missiles. And an Ammo Satchel ? Very generous.

Again the level is split into 2. I don't mind because it helps on the performance department and I am badly in need of fluidity after the horrors of the Oil Rig ! Skip to the end. So now Trenton has a higher pitched voice ? Personally I prefere the old one but no big deal. And we have a camera issue in the finishing cinematic, it shows pretty much nothing while everything happens on the top left corner of the screen (maybe the EDuke from the patch fixed this). So in the end it's mostly the first part of the level that got the most make-up. Those levels (Arsia Mons in general) were already very detailed to I can understand it's hard to find things to add.

_Arsia Mons - Micky : I'll just mention the new music for the final cinematic. I'll say it's one more point for variety. It has the merrits of having 2 distinct phases which fit the 2 parts of the cutscenes quite well while the old one kinda gave away the suggested sadness of the scene too quickly.

Skipping the final level like a gigantic bell-end because I didn't find anything worth mentioning.

Conclusion : Well playing the episode again was worth the trouble not only for the new aesthetics and other elements but also for the new guns (Zaxtor and James) and a usefull research project which I would have regretfully missed out on if I hadn't gone through it. Changes were a bit more limited than for Ep1 but this proves that Ep2 was already close to perfection as it was. Now on to the really new stuff ! With fear for performance, but still hope !

Sorry I double post T_T

Being tall sucks >> Attached Image: duke0002.png

And what about the Golden Guns ? How's it goin' on them ? And will Snowfall get some ?

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 06 April 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Conclusion : Well playing the episode again was worth the trouble not only for the new aesthetics and other elements but also for the new guns (Zaxtor and James) and a usefull research project which I would have regretfully missed out on if I hadn't gone through it. Changes were a bit more limited than for Ep1 but this proves that Ep2 was already close to perfection as it was. Now on to the really new stuff ! With fear for performance, but still hope !

The guns and research project you mention were available on EP2 or have they been added for EP3? =/

If they're new, then I'll have to play through it as well.

By the way. I'll need a tech level 20 for a research but only been able to get to level 17 in my playthrough of EP3 (I'm in the last mission). Those E.T.s from X64-2 didn't add tech level to the total of my lab. :lol:

More questions... I've been able to locate 2 vintage caps, but there's supposed to be 3, right? 1 per new weapon on Garmid. I've located the ones in Eviction Notice and Neutrino.

I believe there was one in Forgotten Tomb, but found all secrets (easy, played that level as a user map a lot when acquiring budget in EP2 a lot) and found none. Any hints?

Also, @Jblade, a REALLY smart use of Geoffrey's DM quotes, made me laugh for good. :lol:

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

Is there a way to disable monsters without DNMONSTERS? I would love to explore these beautiful levels more calmly, after all the action.

BTW, great episode!

View PostRhaisher, on 07 April 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

The guns and research project you mention were available on EP2 or have they been added for EP3? =/

If they're new, then I'll have to play through it as well.

By the way. I'll need a tech level 20 for a research but only been able to get to level 17 in my playthrough of EP3 (I'm in the last mission). Those E.T.s from X64-2 didn't add tech level to the total of my lab. :lol:

More questions... I've been able to locate 2 vintage caps, but there's supposed to be 3, right? 1 per new weapon on Garmid. I've located the ones in Eviction Notice and Neutrino.

I believe there was one in Forgotten Tomb, but found all secrets (easy, played that level as a user map a lot when acquiring budget in EP2 a lot) and found none. Any hints?

Also, @Jblade, a REALLY smart use of Geoffrey's DM quotes, made me laugh for good. :lol:

Rhai
Yes they have been added in and there are scientists too who have been added, maybe it will help you get 20 ^_-
And BTW, there are new scientist in Jungle Base *evil laugh* !

Panico
The only diabling I saw was the possibility to diable slimes from the AMC Settings ini file in the AMC folder but it doesn't disable other monsters ...

BTW the glitch for Mikko's Golden SG which prevents firing is still there >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

Ok... so I've just finished EP3 and I'm spechless. The story is getting really, really interesting. :huh:

What can I say? It's been the longest EP yet - it's really packed with a LOT of missions. The themes, architecture, designs, action paces and music choices are flawless. I'm really in love with the new music you added to the AMC HQ: really transports me back to EP1 when you return from the Abyss and AMC HQ music is The Awakening. - In fact, before writting this, I was on the rooftop, looking at the new skybox and really feeling the music. Even if the TC is not mainstream, it's a piece of art. So thank you, thank you for letting us be part of it. :lol:

About the maps, the only constructive feedback I think that may be of your interest is that Micky Begins needs a bit more of blocking walls, because I was able to go outside from the map before the Library (can't remember it's name now). The front door was, in fact, open wide. - And some maps have blocking walls that shouldn't be like that. :lol: -> On my next playthrough I will inform about this precisely.

Ah... and I would add blocking walls/sprites to the new AMC HQ basement: I was surprised to discover that you can actually fall from the centric section and get killed. - This is the squad's base, this shouldn't be like this. :blink:

As always, keep up the good work!

Cheers! :huh:

If you haven't already found it, there is indeed a bottlecap in Forgotten Tomb. As a hint, I'm sure we all know that bottlecaps were treated as currency in the Fallout games, and the gun store owner in Garmid sure places a lot of value on them, like they're a treasure.

Spoiler

Hey hey ! It's finally time for feedback on Ep3 !

Like the 2 previous episodes, I'll start with some pre-level stuff.

_Introduction : So right away we play as a mysterious woman. The place looks quite nice, it's all blue. I like monochrome designs. First NPC mentioning Axon, right away all the memories of Siege Breaker arise ! About the NPCs I will say that it's kinda cliché what they say but that's why it still works oddly enough. Nice to see there are 2 who aren't too biased at least. Reaching Axon's room and we find a note that means everything after playing Ep2. I'll skip ahead to avoid spoilers so early but let's say it gives some much needed answers as to the ending of Ep2. As for the dialogue with Mister ??? there's nothing much to say apart from the fact it kinda puts the drool in your mouth knowing that you're going to head to the presumed home planet of the Cycloids. As for the man's look I would be tempted to say it is Alejandro, the same as from the intro of Ep1 but just my guess ^^

_AMC Base : Same as for the other episodes.

_AMC Vehicle Test Site : Already discussed for Ep2 but we will talk about the 2 new additions here (will save some length on future levels).
1_ The Horse. So the sprites are good, although the horse stands there, motionless like a marble statue. In gameplay it's not as swift to accelerate as I thought it would even with the sprint key. However stopping works well. You can directly use light guns from it which is nice though not any more useful than with the Motorbike. And there is absolutely no stepping sound for the horse which makes it ideal for stealth operations (easy sarcasm, sorry). So in the end I'd say the Motobike is an allround better vehicle compared to the horse but it still brings some fresh air and originality/diversity. Despite it's not swift to use it's still intuitive and straight-forward so I don't mind. Still aproved.

2_ Hover Tank "now we're talking". In fancy blue now (just like Micky's armor). It looks VERY good for such a big voxel ! Cockpit view is okay and easy to read. In terms of performance is basically THE most broken vehicle of the entire game ! Fast acceleration, swift handling on every axis, and 6 gears that send you SO FEAKING FAST that even the Test Site isn't big enough to let you enjoy its speed without crashing ! Only weak point is the armor which can get depleted quite fast if you're not careful in Micky's Mesopotamian mission compared to the regular tank. TOTAL aproval !

It's time to feed back and chew paragraphs, and I'm all outta words.

_Assault on X64-2 : So the introduction starts right away with a mysterious flash from Snowfall's perspective ... not gonna develop because Spoilers. Apart from references to Ep2's beginning I don't find much to say. Starting right off with a Sci-Fi interpretation of a famous Apocalypse Now scene. It's cool and funny. Though less funny when the Battlelords manage to snipe you up in Armagedon difficulty ... At first I saw the ammo count I was like "Yikes" but then I saw 7900 something I was like, "Yeah you really have to push it if you want to run out, like REALLY push it".

Landed on the big plateau-like place. Occasion to admire the scenery which transcribes quite well the feeling of a devastated planet. Especially with the blazes flying around (which don't even make me lag one bit). Right away we have something which will be recurring > VERY open places, VERY large sense of scale and I like it. Surely it tends to make us like "Oh no I got to explore ALL that !?" but I like it. It changes from what we've went through in the other 2 episodes. It's also another moment to admire the brand new AMC Transport voxel which I love. I was having a feeling that Imperium was out there but it took Micky's reminder to be sure. So the music begins. Like in Ep2 it's a classic Duke music E1L6. I like the new remix. It's actually hard to find an interpretation of this track that is genuinely good and nice to hear and I FINALLY found one right here !

Directly we face those new Orange Trooper, they're quite dangerous with their homing fireballs, and surprisingly resistant too. This canyon-like area's nice, though there are many occasions to take fall damage. And falling in the water makes it kinda hard to go back up without having to go far. We can already see the mysterious tower in the distance, hard to miss with the flashing forecfield. There's a door which we can't open unfortunately. The corridors are well designed. Occasion to face our first Super Enforcer with the shield and all. It took me some time to get the hang of it against them, fortunately they're sensitive to non-AP attacks. On my first playthrough I had taken Geoffrey and his Plasma Shotgun + Meltagun sure worked mighty fine against them.

We're given a short cut to the canyon which is nice. Now time to explore the BIG area around the tower. Unlike the starting area it actually has a reward for you in a tunnel. It's also the occasion to spot that Predator Drone flying arround the place. Obviously my aircraft enthusiast's spirit got triggered right away. The prop isn't spinning though, I don't need a zoom to see it, don't deny it ! Meeting up with the AMC troops, a nice surprisse. And oh gosh are you generous on the supplies ! H Item, Slot 7 gun with both ammo and a Missiles Launcher. Really needed. Like the very first time, I post everybody in front of the door. (A recurring thing, I got good instincts on my first plays with character choices and strategies I'm vanting myself ^^). And once the door is blasted we have IMO the harshest part of the level.

The big fight including 2 of those weird new enemies. Basically, depending on how well your troops handle it, you'll have either a good time (like my first attempt) or a bad one (like my previous attempt before this). These new enemies determine everything, they're devastating with their grenades and guided missiles. The Missiles Launcher is crucial here if your troops don't fare well (good occasion for a grim pun here) it will save you from those beasts. And if they do fare well then you've got bonus missiles for future Plasmic Commanders. The corridor is also filled with turrets and Super Enforcers to top things up. No matter close or far, you'll still have a hard time, hence why I say it's the harshest part. It's not unfair though, unless your troops fare horrible (like on my Armagedon attempt). Once done it's all good. Occasion to see that Commanders now say your character's name sometimes upon spotting, a nice touch. And more valuable supplies in the optional cave area. Basically we keep stacking up supplies in this level and it's kinda needed, both for the end and the next level.

The Zilla Missile launcher not too usefull, though the Heat Seeking Cards are good for Zaxtor who I'm using here. M-16's interesting, it especially was on my MIA Gun heavy run since I had MIA Shells alongside, I advise new players to do the same. The big room is nice too, and once again exploration is rewarded. Pressing that switch and the message directly guides you back, and you know what to expect too. Or do you really ? From the top of the hill, the Battlelord is a Very easy picking, especially when he's in sleeping state, which happens quite often. However you now face that new Ultra Enforcer who is super challenging actually ! The open area kinda helps but still, hitting him with projectiles is hard (except when he lands after a jump) and he's super resistant. The Zilla Rocket Launcher actually becomes interesting now. Actually he's easily avoidable since he's stuck near a waterfall all the time unless you wake him up. Keep your distance here that's the trick. Climbing the tower. Personally I didn't have any trouble, it's hazardous indeed and sure the lifts are kinda small but I spotted them easily, just circling around. No big deal really. And already it's the end.

Conclusion : Well for an opening level it's very good. And kinda challenging with the Door Scene. It's a very good mise-en-jambe. It's one of my favorites level, right off the bat. I like the aesthetics, the gameplay, the openness, the ambiance which is well translated and well fed with the neatly picked music. The only complain I would have is that it's very easy to get fall damage unless you're patient like me (and many others). Otherwise the level plays itself naturally, even without the PDU message I would have understood everything, the heading is correct and clear. It pushes you to explore a bit without forcing you and it's rewarding. Nothing much to say, it's one of my favorites directly !

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 08 April 2019 - 10:26 PM

Soooo... I'm in the middle of my 'serious' playthrough and I've managed to get all secrets in Egypt except one in Deep Waterway. This means that I've found new kinds of shotgun shells and cased grenades. Strangely, these are not being shown as an equipment to research in order to being able to equip them through the loadout.

I've also found new speciality weapons for James, Zaxtor and Sang - I can't believe I missed those secrets on my first run. The rushing... =/ - Ah... and more scientists! <3

Is there anything special I have to do in order to being able to get the equipments aforementioned?

Thanks in advance! :lol:

User is offline   Jblade 

not sure why the cryo shells aren't showing up since the code checks out here, I'll have to look deeper into it.

View PostJblade, on 09 April 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

not sure why the cryo shells aren't showing up since the code checks out here, I'll have to look deeper into it.

Could it be in the nature of coding several levels into a HUB? There is a research station and a loadout terminal in the camp base. Maybe this is affecting it somehow.

Also,I know from my previous playthrough that there are more Dragon Shells in later levels and those, indeed, appear on the research terminal. Luckily I had a secure save of my status by the end of EP2 because I don't like to use glitches to my benefit (that Anubis who got stuck in the lava pit added 3000K to my budget and I didn't like it - that's why I know about the shells).

Moreover, I've double checked my tech level and the E.T.s from the first mission add, indeed, levels to it.

Ah, and one of the blocking walls I mentioned on a previous post is on the landing area of X64-2. Not sure if it's necessary for the attack from the ship scenario.

There are also blocking sprites in the pools of Inner Sanctum, where the key is. Those look like water reflections.

EDIT: @John Brown I followed your suggestion in regards of the order of the Egypt maps and it was the most confortable way of acquiring the arrifacts.

Also,could you let me know, through a spoiler tag, the secrets of Jungle Pyramid? I'll be playing it again tonight and would like to get all of them.

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 09 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostRhaisher, on 09 April 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Also,could you let me know, through a spoiler tag, the secrets of Jungle Pyramid? I'll be playing it again tonight and would like to get all of them.

I put for secrets in an earlier post. However I had missed one and he apparantly found it >_>

BTW I got some stuff to report.

1_ With Zaxtor's MP-5, if you bought the GL upgrade for the default gun then you can launch a grenade with the MP5.

2_ HOWEVER this will cause you to loose the possibility to change weapon with ALL characters ! I kept my save in case you need it for a fix.

3_ With James, somehow when I look at upgrades I hear Zaxtor speaking instead O_o

4_ Reminding that picking up Zaxtor's default SMG plays Sang's speech.

5_ Lastly Zaxtor's RC-AP SMG seems to have glitched accuracy. When zooming-in the gain isn't applied. (Sounds like I'll have to make a new checking spree on these accuracy stuff)

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 09 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 April 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

I put for secrets in an earlier post. However I had missed one and he apparantly found it >_>

Didn't know that. I'll search your post and I'll see if you found the ones I'm missing. I managed to get 4 secrets by the end of the map.

Thanks for pointing this to me! :lol:

EDIT: Just searched for it with no luck. Could you tell me, should it be not a hassle to you, the post number? :lol:

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 09 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

Post number 140, is DragonLiner listing five of the secrets.

For the last one:
Spoiler

PS: I hope you have Zaxtor's golden guns unlocked, and have a lot of ammo for them.

Has any of you managed to interprete the writtings on the wall before the 'hard' puzzle in the falling sand maze of Jungle Pyramid?

After many tries and errors, I've been able to take notes of the correct combination in order to open the door as quick as possible. - But it doesn't look anything like the writtings on the wall. On my first playthrough I guess I opened it by mere luck.

If any of you are interested in the right combinations, just let me know and I will post it through a spoiler tag.

Cheers! :lol:

Edit: I've just reviewed the whole topic and found out that TDL already did something similar. Anyway, I'm really interested in the logic behind the wall writings.

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 09 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

View PostRhaisher, on 09 April 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Edit: I've just reviewed the whole topic and found out that TDL already did something similar. Anyway, I'm really interested in the logic behind the wall writings.

Well the wall tells you there are 6 switches and you must press the last two on one side and the first two on the other side. It's not THAT complicated O_o However it doesn't tell you where to start. From the schematic I posted you start on the left but in Zaxtor's old playthrough of the level he started from the right but it hadn't worked for me >_>

Feed !

_Under the surface of X64-2 : Right off the bat, cool effect with the fan pushing you upward. However this is basically mandatory take damage unless you have the Ninja Roll and I never like mandatory take damage drops. Grey alien scientists ? Caricature man but it's fresh air compared to the usual scientists. Directly it's a nice room, with a nice view on a cool looking huge cave area that looks like an air base of sorts as well as a highway for ships. Too bad it causes lagg due to voxel-fest. Music is fine and fitting, another Duke classic, E2L10. However, with time it becomes a bit irritating. Directly greeted by a Battlelord and a Super Enforcer, good thing you've been generous in the previous level and also gave us armor here.

And now it's basically the one things I really like with this level and which starts right here. Using the Cycloid ship to FREELY explore the area with connecting tubes and various and varied places to stop at and it's rewarding. Non-linear exploration done right ! And the ship's weapons makes enemies a cakewalk thanks to the free space to dodge easily. Not gonna detail everything you can find but just the main stops. I'll do the same as on my first playthrough. Going left and the tube doesn't have much to speak about apart from the 3 or 4 new beasts from before who can maul you down if you're close and reckless, and using both plasma and missiles makes them take forever to die, only missiles and it's good. Catching a better view of the area from before. That hologram on the desk, at first I didn't try to know, then I thought it was "The Thing" (no spoilers) but now I see it's just the big ship we can see in the distance ... NICE. Another huge fan area, the Super Enforcers after the first one are quite easy here since you just provoke them and wait until they go in the purple devasto-sludge. An ominous corridor with one hell of a welcoming party at the end but at this point you've got enough 5th gun's ammo to deal with it, and even a few right there. So this is where I understand the objective > The Blue Key.

And a shortcut back to the beginning with the second ship waiting. At least you get the 8th gun early and an indication of your objective so it's not a waste of time clearly. Going to the right tube this time. Another big area like the first one, still nice and cool to look at. A stop at a platform with an easy Battlelord thanks to the ship, and we can spy some more holograms like in the Mothership from Ep2. On my first attempt I was puzzled by all this and not being able to get in but then you can spy an open door at the back ... A waste of time ? Not quite if you explore the bottom. Now the small cave high up, it's nice to have a shortcut without the tubes and some more rewards for exploring with more 8th gun and stuff. And occasion to see that those big green thing are made out of wood !? Next stop's a Protozoid Slimer's facility it seems, the nightmare for those who don't like it (not my case).

The Ultra Enforcer is really challenging here though, because many obstacles and enclosed area. Though take Zaxtor with DUPs and Plasma Launcher and you're good to go. If the fight drags on it's VERY hard, even with 200 armor ESPECIALLY on Armagedon and even more especially since he lays those explosive poops with a surpisingly large blast radius ! One last of these new beasts I can't give a name to and we're pretty much rid of the big threats now. The upper room's nice, though there doesn't seem to be anything here apart from stuff (anti-thesis FTW). Puzzled this is where I got the idea to go up on the conveyor belts and even though it definitely looks inviting and the thing to do, there's no obvious/natural way to do so apart from huging a wall. Next room is IMO the nicest room of the whole level. And it's even more nightmarish for those who hate slimes (not my case). Very nice touch the holograms and beeping depending on what kind of egg is scanned, creative too. An armory ! I love armories ! It's a bit simplistic actually but I always like them armories ^^

Call me silly but on my first playthrough I didn't see the switch to extend the bridge, so I took the ship inside (yes it is possible) and flew to the otherside taking damage. I was frustrated, especially since I did it more than once and it's only on my second attempt that I saw the switch ... Next room's nice too. From what I can tell it's like a hub linking hatcheries of queens. A nightmare for those who hate Protector drones (not my case). The corridor shows headless corpses, a reference to Episode 1's first level ? Skipping to the end since it's all backtracking now with the key, I'll just mention that there is no shortage of ships to use as shortcuts arround the place which is nice. Personally I don't use it because "it's blow your buddy day !". Last room is nice too. 3rd nicest IMO.

Introduction to the boss is kinda scary with those roars. The boss fight is kinda easy actually. Just circle arround the center and you're good to go. I had Geoffrey's Meltagun on my first attempt and it was easy-peasy. Besides the irritating slow down is constant, it's no real lagg unless you get out of the place so it's helpful in a way. HOWEVER, do try to end the fight as close to the entrance as possible ! Because that freaking slowdown completely RUINS the ending cinematic >_<. Speaking of which, I like. What I especially like is the voice acting, in overall this scene as some of the best voice acting of the whole game thanks to this kinda cliché debate scene and the serious issue at stake.

Conclusion : Just like the previous level. One of my favorites because it's non-linearity done right, with very rewarding exploration. Very nicely designed wide open areas and very cool aesthetics. I wished for a level that gives the Cycloid Ship a share of glory and I almost completely got it here. Only complain goes to the music which becomes kinda irritating with time and the fact it's not necessarily obvious how you get onto the conveyor belts, it's not what confused me on my first attempt but that's my analysis. I got confused because I hadn't spot the bridge-extending switch that's all. Also the numerous paths open to us can be confusing but personally I liked it because 1_ There's not too many paths. 2_ They're conveniently placed from one another. 3_ Shortcuts linking almost all of them. 4_ My sense of orientation wasn't that much called upon for these reasons. And Tab Map can work well since there's not many overlapping sectors. Just as good as the previous level. One of my favs.

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for the feed-

Personally I don't use it because "it's blow your buddy day !"

...this phrase does not mean what you think it means :lol:

I checked in the map, you're supposed to be moved into a small black box for the cutscene but there was 2 moveplayer sprites left in, which explains the lag you had since it incorrectly put the player in the corner of the room.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 09 April 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostJblade, on 09 April 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the feed-

...this phrase does not mean what you think it means :lol:

I checked in the map, you're supposed to be moved into a small black box for the cutscene but there was 2 moveplayer sprites left in, which explains the lag you had since it incorrectly put the player in the corner of the room.

Don't tell me please, I want to keep my innocence ^^;

Well I belive the lag may come from the whole room since it starts lagging as you're getting closer and closer to the center of the room. If you stay close to the center when the cutscene triggers then the scene will always drag behind the dialogue all along. Unless you stay as far away as possible.

I'm hoping you'll manage to get that box thing working if it can help fix the issue :lol:

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 April 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

Well the wall tells you there are 6 switches and you must press the last two on one side and the first two on the other side. It's not THAT complicated O_o However it doesn't tell you where to start. From the schematic I posted you start on the left but in Zaxtor's old playthrough of the level he started from the right but it hadn't worked for me >_>

No really...

+--------+
| I II III | - First two in red, the latter in black
| II III III | - First one in black, the latter two in red.
| II II III | - First one in black, the latter two in red.
+--------+

Maybe it is due to the time I was playing the level (almost 3 A.M. in Spain) but I see no relation whatsoever between that carvings and the 6 buttons. Anyway, what my mind told me is that you have to press the first button once, then the second twice, the third three times and so on... :lol:

The problem is that there are, indeed, 6 buttons and at first sight there are 9 carvings, each of them varying from 1 to 3. So I got really confused. At first I thought that a green flash meant that the button was correctly pressed in order and a red flash the opposite. Only after a while I realized that that reflects the 2 possible possitions of each button. :huh:

So, yeah, as the Spanish saying says: 'I was looking for the cat's third leg.' :lol:

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 April 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

Call me silly but on my first playthrough I didn't see the switch to extend the bridge, so I took the ship inside (yes it is possible) and flew to the otherside taking damage. I was frustrated, especially since I did it more than once and it's only on my second attempt that I saw the switch ...

I did the VERY same thing, lol. :blink:

BACKFEED ! Erh I mean FEEDBACK !!

It's going to be a bit short this time because I need to explain how I proceeded for Egypt. Due to the mission's very particular style I had to find a way to prevent the feedback on it from weighing a full Duke4net page worth of text ...
Therefore I restricted the entries to one level at a time, and to avoid splitting them up into several incomplete parts I will put (Going to ***) and (Back with the ***). This will allow the feedback to segmented, orderly, uninterrupted, complete and more practical to read.

_Egypt Forward Operating Base : Ah this introduction ... How it pleased me to see it, because I listened to the left-over .VOC files from Ep2 so many times ^^ It gives a nice idea of the mission, even though a "gut feeling" isn't sufficient but hey we're here for action right ? Also we get to hear LeSang's voice. I like it, it's both fitting, charismatic and easy to understand. Right now, along with previous level, the thing I really like in this episodes compared to Ep2 and which starts here is that EVERYONE in the episode has something to say and I FREAKING APROVE ! Except Geoffrey unfortunately but he has his own mission with lines salvaged from old Multi-Player intended ones so I don't mind.

I like the idea of the camp and the fact we can change equipment and do research from the camp. I presonally would have liked it if we had the possibility to change character as well but I'm sure this would have caused issues with carrying over weapons and equipment (including artefacts). I never used the camp apart as a way to use the Loadout Editor and Research without those freaking lags at AMC Base but the potential is there. On my second attempt I had Highwire and it allowed me to make a last minute change for my 0th weapon so see ? it's usefull !.

The main hub looks nice. Just like the introductary map, there's a nice sense of scale, which we will keep seeing all along the mission's length. I'm not too fond of the music but it's fitting and since we make short sweeps here I don't mind it one bit. Also a nice big set of references to Exhumed and its universe and story. So having an entire mission based arround one BIG Hub is quite audacious IMO. But it allows for sooooo much potential ! And 100% non-linear approach is one of the elements that I liked the most. I'll be doing my personal optimized route, which is almost the same as my very first attempt. So let's go shall we ? (next time)

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 10 April 2019 - 10:56 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Changing character would cause issues, but it's something I'll look into in the future at least. I'm re-uploading the V3.2 patch with some last minute fixes so re-download it in about 15 minutes or so - one big change is that I've added an upgrade machine to the loadout tent in Egypt, since I fixed a few issues I had with it before.

View PostJblade, on 11 April 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

Changing character would cause issues, but it's something I'll look into in the future at least. I'm re-uploading the V3.2 patch with some last minute fixes so re-download it in about 15 minutes or so - one big change is that I've added an upgrade machine to the loadout tent in Egypt, since I fixed a few issues I had with it before.

Okay.
I remember that the problem that is currently caused by changing character in a level is that you loose all your upgrades for that character. The same happens if you use a console command (set char_var or something).
This is what makes James, Mikko and Micky loose their upgrades in the Arsia Mons missions in Ep2, even if you buy some for Micky in Mikko's portion, you'll loose them when reaching Micky.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 11 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options